Interference Random Music Thread Part VII: Hot Rice? I prefer the Shaved Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I couldn't imagine any woman would be eager to perform fellatio for three dollars, but then one day you walk into Goodwill and there is Lance's Mom. Strange things happen in the world.

I've known too many of that guy. I hate that guy.

Just because they enjoy catching a beer with me when they're in town doesn't mean I can tell them where to tour.

Well played.

A good buddy of mine has been a regular for nearly two years, and not only does he still spill all his shit, but he cannot fucking talk with a lip in. I don't know anyone except him who has trouble speaking with a lip in. And he packs all the time. He's an idiot.

Namedropping hipster.

I bought this copy of Something New by the Beatles today...one of the many compilations Capitol put out. Cool thing about this one though: it has a version of "I Want to Hold Your Hand" the band recorded in German called "Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand." I have to say, it's a bit of a trip to hear a classic song like that sung in a different language, but pretty fucking awesome too.

Isn't that on Past Masters Vol 1 anyway?

Also, Vol. 2 may very well be the best non-album compilation by any band. Ever. Arguably more great songs than on any of their actual LPs.

Second? Louder than Bombs.

Third? I don't know, but it's definitely not that sack of shite called The Masterplan.

I bought this copy of Something New by the Beatles today...one of the many compilations Capitol put out. Cool thing about this one though: it has a version of "I Want to Hold Your Hand" the band recorded in German called "Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand." I have to say, it's a bit of a trip to hear a classic song like that sung in a different language, but pretty fucking awesome too.

:up:

Sie Liebt Dich is great, too.

Sie Liebt Dich Ja! Ja! Ja!

Isn't that on Past Masters Vol 1 anyway?

Also, Vol. 2 may very well be the best non-album compilation by any band. Ever. Arguably more great songs than on any of their actual LPs.

Second? Louder than Bombs.

Third? I don't know, but it's definitely not that sack of shite called The Masterplan.

Yeah, it is, but to get the mono 1st pressing for $10 was a deal I didn't feel like passing up at the local record store.

:up:

Sie Liebt Dich is great, too.

Sie Liebt Dich Ja! Ja! Ja!

Apparently the band despised doing German versions of those two songs. :lol: They're definitely fun though.

Who knew Lance's Mom was such an influential figure in rock and roll history?
They must have run into her at one of the Hamburg brothels.

Every band from the Beatles to Shuttlecock and now Radiohead with "Harry Patch" have found influence in the tramp. It's like that stupid site the guy had where he mystically connected Shuttlecock and the Beatles and looked for a third link. There's your answer. Lance's Mom. She's like absinthe to French painters.

It's shocking that when Boner swings around on the Mario Kart Wii controller during "Ultra Violet," his fat ass doesn't bring down the entire crab.

My stepfather still has all those old original Capitol albums. It's interesting to listen to them in those incarnations, being so different from the official British releases and all.

Tupac was, has been for years, and still is my favorite MC. From listening to him so much during my adolescent years, reciting the entirety of "Brenda's Got a Baby" is something I can do with no problem at all.

His socially conscious side: YouTube - 2Pac - Keep Ya Head Up

YouTube - 2Pac - Dear Mama

YouTube - 2Pac - Brenda's Got A Baby

YouTube - 2Pac - Trapped

The ultimate dis song: YouTube - Tupac - Hit Em Up(Uncensored)

His party side: YouTube - 2Pac - I Get Around

YouTube - 2Pac - California Love

I could go on forever and ever about Tupac. Nothing but love for him. R.I.P.

My stepfather still has all those old original Capitol albums. It's interesting to listen to them in those incarnations, being so different from the official British releases and all.

It really is. I've got Revolver and Rubber Soul, which both have significantly different tracklists than their British counterparts. I miss having "Drive My Car" on the U.S. version of Rubber Soul the most of those changes, I'd say.

Those are some great choices. Keep Ya Head Up being a personal favorite. I wouldn't say I'm incredibly well-versed in hip-hop, but I know a little bit...and 2Pac is easily my favorite MC.

It really is. I've got Revolver and Rubber Soul, which both have significantly different tracklists than their British counterparts. I miss having "Drive My Car" on the U.S. version of Rubber Soul the most of those changes, I'd say.

I normally prefer the British versions, but I quite like the American release of Rubber Soul with I've Just Seen A Face starting it off. I think it goes better with the rest of the material on the album. I also like how It's Only Love is on there.

My favorite MC will always be my boy Rakim. Nobody comes close.

I also love Q-Tip, though he's obviously nothing like Rakim.

Honorable mention to Big Daddy Kane.

A Rolling Stones survivor would be epic... but that would mean doing another survivor tourney. YIKES.

How about a Passion Pit Survivor?

Or a Survivor Survivor?

Or a Gloria Gaynor Survivor?

Or a Destiny's Child Survivor?

We could do a Lance's Mom Survivor of every single Lance's Mom joke in the history of the forum.

Or we could do a Lance's Mom Survivor where each of us has unprotected sex with her and we see who dies last.

Dalton's forehead scar joke is the instant winner. Bangs of New York comes close.

NSW would be the only participant in the Matisyahu Survivor, so there's that.

Something tells me the Man in Black would not like this Guitar Hero shit one bit. It looks like what I feared the Beatles Rock Band would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom