Interference Random Movie Talk Episode IX: Fievel Goes Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
antichristff.jpg

:drool:

EPIC poster.

I'm planning to have some mini-director fests via NetFlix and my own collection of unwatched movies. Malick, The BERGH!, Altman, Kurosawa, and Godard are up first.

My girlfriend has never seen a Malick film, so that mini-marathon is up for us first, once we find an apartment and are settled and all.

If she is not moved by the end of The New World then she gets kicked to the curb.

All good picks. I look forward to your journey.

Thanks. Here's the schedule if you're interested or have any comments:

Malick:
Days of Heaven

Bergh:
Solaris
Schizopolis

Altman:
Nashville
Secret Honor
The Long Goodbye

Godard:
Band of Outsiders
Week-End
Breathless

Kurosawa:
Seven Samurai
Yojimbo
The Hidden Fortress

Needs MOAR Malick.

Is this your first Godard? Because that list is in some serious need of Alphaville, Masculin-Feminin, and A Woman is a Woman.

Needs MOAR Malick.

Is this your first Godard? Because that list is in some serious need of Alphaville, Masculin-Feminin, and A Woman is a Woman.

I want to watch The Thin Red Line and The New World together another time.

I've already seen Alphaville and want to limit it to 3 per director this time around. The other two are noted, along with Pierrot le Fou.

Watching those two films together will surely short-circuit all your mental and emotional capacities.

You could die.

If I could be the first person to cry, sneeze, and fart at the same time and live, then it'll truly be a feat.

Almost saw that last week, but period dramas don't do it for me.

Away We Go (heard enough decent buzz to be a little interested) and Zombieland this week for the kid.

Almost saw that last week, but period dramas don't do it for me.

Away We Go (heard enough decent buzz to be a little interested) and Zombieland this week for the kid.

You're asking for a hurtin'.

Thanks a lot. Now just because you made me laugh, I feel obligated to write the song all over again.

Thanks. Here's the schedule if you're interested or have any comments:

Kurosawa:
Seven Samurai
Yojimbo
The Hidden Fortress

You'd be hard pressed to find a bad Kurosawa from the 50s and 60s, but even though the ones you listed are among his most well known he did some better ones. Rashomon, Ikiru, Throne of Blood and Ran (1985) are all masterpieces and if you can switch to some of those first you won't regret it.

In another news, you know what film rocks my socks? The Great Escape. You know what film I'm about to watch for the first time in yonks? The Great Escape.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bad Kurosawa from the 50s and 60s, but even though the ones you listed are among his most well known he did some better ones. Rashomon, Ikiru, Throne of Blood and Ran (1985) are all masterpieces and if you can switch to some of those first you won't regret it.

In another news, you know what film rocks my socks? The Great Escape. You know what film I'm about to watch for the first time in yonks? The Great Escape.

I own Hidden Fortress so I want to get that out of the way first. Yojimbo would be the one to switch out then, if I do. Thanks.

It's insane to see how little McQueen is in The Great Escape compared to how well-known his part is. I think Donald Pleasance is in it more than he is.

You don't want to forget one of Kurosawa's modern day-set films, the brilliant High and Low. And I haven't seen The Bad Sleep Well but I heard it's great too.

In other foreign news, I got a used copy of Truffaut's Antoine Doinel collection yesterday for $30. YES!!

Lancelot, they're selling those Antichrist posters you were so fond of at the Alamo South Lamar. If you want one, say the word.

Yeah, I really don't mind. It's 30 bones though. You can just PayPal me. I gotta make sure they still have them in stock though; it was a limited edition print of 100. I have to head near there tomorrow to pick up my ACL passes, so I'll let you know tomorrow evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom