Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VII: You Inglourious Little Basterds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, finished Azkaban and, yeah, just thoroughly loved it from start to finish.

That film didn't do it for me. Definitely still firmly placed in the half of Cuaron's resume I really don't like.

NSW said:
Ugh, that Lando moment is wretched. I'm gonna post this every time we speak of that film:

Sith >>>>> Jedi

It's hard for me to chose one of those two over the other. Both films are messy and terribly flawed finales to their respective trilogies. However, both also contain sequences I really adore, as well as some of my very favorite moments from the entire saga. However, I think the perception can be a bit difficult because whereas Jedi looks like complete shit compared to its two predecessors, Sith looks like some kind of masterpiece under the same context.

How fucking gorgeous was the Hanks shooting everyone from the doorway scene?

It was incredible. Really the first time Mendes hasn't allowed his style to choke the rest of the film.

Daniel Craig whipping out the American accent was a surprise, but he was fantastic, too.

It's hard for me to chose one of those two over the other. Both films are messy and terribly flawed finales to their respective trilogies. However, both also contain sequences I really adore, as well as some of my very favorite moments from the entire saga. However, I think the perception can be a bit difficult because whereas Jedi looks like complete shit compared to its two predecessors, Sith looks like some kind of masterpiece under the same context.

Sith is fantastic no matter how you look at it. Plus, it has everything that was promised in the entire prequel series in the last hour.

Really the only thing worth taking out of Jedi is the Luke/Vader/Palps stuff... or Admiral Ackbar.

YouTube - At Midnight I Will Kill George Lucas With A Shovel

That film didn't do it for me. Definitely still firmly placed in the half of Cuaron's resume I really don't like.

Yeah, we'll just disagree on Azkaban, I loved it.

And, my opinion on the Jedi/Sith thing is firmly based on their individual merits, or weaknesses, as I see it of course.....not on their predecessors, though I take your point.

Sith is fantastic no matter how you look at it. Plus, it has everything that was promised in the entire prequel series in the last hour.

Yeah... I'm going to have to go with "No way."

But I fucking hate talking about Star Wars, so I'll let it go.

I'd rather focus on the life and times of Brian Dennehy.

6a0105349ca980970c011571e5bede970b-320wi

There were a few that were cheaper than the Barnes sale, like 8 1/2 (16.50 vs. 20).

I wish I caught the DeepDiscount one.

Speaking of Criterion, it sure is taking these fuckers a long time to get their Che dvd/bd together

Am I the only one who thinks it's fucking ridiculous that they're selling the two parts separately? Why would anyone want one and not the other?

Makes me want to just steal the thing.

I'm with you. I'm counting on Criterion to do it right. I'm sure they'll release the roadshow in its original form. At least they will if they have any class.

I'm with you. I'm counting on Criterion to do it right. I'm sure they'll release the roadshow in its original form. At least they will if they have any class.

Yeah, most likely. Or they'll do it like Brazil or Mr. Arkadin and release the two parts separately along with the roadshow version in a box set.

Leave the jokes to the professionals.

Also, Anton Yelchin was at a block party I went to tonight in the neighborhood, somewhat coincidentally as I had just seen Star Trek this afternoon, and had watched Hearts in Atlantis last week.

:namedropper:

Leave the jokes to the professionals.

Also, Anton Yelchin was at a block party I went to tonight in the neighborhood, somewhat coincidentally as I had just seen Star Trek this afternoon, and had watched Hearts in Atlantis last week.

:namedropper:

Laz, what's been your oddest or funniest LA celebrity encounter?

My best celebrity encounters have happened in Vegas while living in LA. Too many to list here, actually.

Seeing Cuba Gooding Jr. in Shakey's and talking about Boyz in the Hood was fun, but little did I know at that point that everyone sees Cuba. I had a fun chat with Larry David at a Laker game, that ranks up there for me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom