I'd rather watch the iPOD commercial than the official video...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Anyone else feel this way?

To me, the official video for Vertigo is pretty boring. I mean, the special effects are cool, but they get pretty boring after the first 30 seconds, IMO. And there's just nothing else going on. It seems like after those initial 30 seconds, I've seen it all.

Maybe I just need to give it more time, but right now, I find myself watching the full 2-minute iPOD commercial much more than the official video.

I, for one, love the "Vertigo" video. I got kinda scared when U2.COM said about "quad bikes" and stuff, but I am really into the video now. If you think the actual video gets boring after a while, how can you watch three minutes of the band playing in front of the same colors over and over again?

i don't think it's bad, but it lacks some details... ie at the end, when Edge slides on his guitar to finish the song, a camera-zoom out would be nice... :wink:
I didn't see the whole iPod video, but it's cool and... well, good!

you think its worse than the SIAM video with the football and all?

Actually, the Vertigo Video ROCKS!

I'm having all my non-U2 friends praising it. Everyone loves it. Even friends that hate U2 have said the video is really good!!!! We need to embrace the video. I for one, love it.

If you were to design a better video, what would it be?

for some odd reason I would have found it really cool if they added the girl with crimson nails, who has jesus round her neck, swinging to the music. I dunno why, but it would have been cool IMO.

wow! when I saw the title to this thread, I jumped! I so agree with you! The ipod commercial (2min) is so damn hot and the video didn't do much for me...sorry.

oh geez

that video (SIAM) isnt cool

its donald trump cool :yes:

yeah, that director Khan that did the SIAM video and Elevation video BLOWS! i also like the Apple 2 min commercial better than the official "spanish" vertigo video.

vertigo is a pretty lame video. I don't understand why it's so hard for U2 to make a good video??? Beautiful Day was pretty good, but the others from the last one were embarrassing. This one is just boring. The only cool part is the dark grainy photos of them during the bridge. The rest is.....ugh

Achtung Baby Videos RULED!!!!

i'm sticking up for all of the pop/atyclb/best of videos here.. post R&H videos that I hate with a passion are numb & lemon.. and then i dont like WGRYWH that much either

The iPod thing isn't a video, it's a friggin' COMMERCIAL. Yes, you could say it's a commercial for U2 almost as much as it is for iPods but it's still a commercial for a product. I've never even watched the entire thing. I close my eyes when the commercial comes on TV. I don't want to automatically think of iPods when I hear Vertigo.

The real Vertigo video is awesome! It's not the best one they've ever done by a long shot, but it's still pretty cool.

And what's all this about U2 having bad videos? I think they've had far more good videos than bad ones. New Year's Day, Where the Streets Have No Name, WOWY, ISHFWILF, All I Want Is You, EBTTRT, all the versions of One, Stay, Lemon, Numb, Electrical Storm, HMTMKMKM, the European version of Stuck in a Moment, Please, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, The Unforgettable Fire...all classics, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. I thought the "Beautiful Day" video was much more entertaining. I wonder what the original good vs. evil concept of "Vertigo" would look like?

so you rather settle from one special effects video to another? make your fecking mind up! they are both great in their own right, ipod video is basically a ad for apple (great as it is!) the other is a kick ass video for mainstream, for feck sake enjoy it!

I loved the Vertigo video. It was very direct and 'uncluttered.' I loved the special effects and I love the whole idea of playing on a giant target. It's one of my fav videos.

Bono's shades said:
The iPod thing isn't a video, it's a friggin' COMMERCIAL. Yes, you could say it's a commercial for U2 almost as much as it is for iPods but it's still a commercial for a product. I've never even watched the entire thing. I close my eyes when the commercial comes on TV. I don't want to automatically think of iPods when I hear Vertigo.

The real Vertigo video is awesome! It's not the best one they've ever done by a long shot, but it's still pretty cool.

And what's all this about U2 having bad videos? I think they've had far more good videos than bad ones. New Year's Day, Where the Streets Have No Name, WOWY, ISHFWILF, All I Want Is You, EBTTRT, all the versions of One, Stay, Lemon, Numb, Electrical Storm, HMTMKMKM, the European version of Stuck in a Moment, Please, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, The Unforgettable Fire...all classics, as far as I'm concerned.

LOL. thank you for pointing that out!

spencr00 said:
It's a 3 minute song....how much did you expect. Its a simple video for a simple song

actually I expected a whole lot. The song is in no way simple, and neither is the video. The video is actually unneccesarily jumbled up with a bunch of visual effects that don't do the song justice.

The good thing about this video is that Bono is back on "looking good and young" or at least "not looking that old". That first version of Vertigo (HQ) was a bit of disappointing in that respect.

My feelings exactly, Zoocoustic. I honestly believe this is my least favorite U2 video. :slant: Mayhaps it will grow on me though.

I still love the song! :love:

Kind of off the subject but...
Does anyone know where I can watch the European version of SIAM? Thanks!
I agree that this video is a bit boring. I like the effects, but the same thing over and over for 3 minutes gets a little old. But I can't say the same about the band because they are looking great!!! It evens out.

YES!!! The Apple Video is better IMO.
It makes it more of a dance song & not the usual generic video ideas.

I'm still trying to figure out what anyone would have against the Vertigo video ...

Axver said:
I'm still trying to figure out what anyone would have against the Vertigo video ...

My thoughts exactly!

For those who don't like the video:

What were you expecting from the Vertigo vid?
If you could do it differently, what would you do?
Do you like the StuckinaMoment vid(american)?

Back
Top Bottom