I got U218 Singles and U218 Videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OpperGoeroe

War Child
The U218 Singles deluxe edition has an 48 pages booklet with lyrics and background information on the songs with chart information and where it's been recorded. Note: It says during Window In The Skies one lyric is: Please don't ever let me out of you. I always thought it was 'out of here'? It also contains the CD and the Milan DVD.

The U218 Videos has all the 17 videoclips (not WITS) plus extra editions and docu's for One and Vertigo. And the whole thing was very very expensive :|

last unicorn said:
Really? I didn't pay very much for it.
I paid 55 euros for U218 Singles deluxe and U218 Videos together. U218 Videos was 25 euros, much too expensive if you ask me for something like that.

OpperGoeroe said:

I paid 55 euros for U218 Singles deluxe and U218 Videos together. U218 Videos was 25 euros, much too expensive if you ask me for something like that.

Is that the one with the Milan stuff?

BTW, don't we all have those songvideo's yet? there is nothing really new is there?

greety said:

Is that the one with the Milan stuff?

BTW, don't we all have those songvideo's yet? there is nothing really new is there?
No:

U218 Singles: CD, booklet & Milan DVD.
U218 Videos: Videoclips.

And there's nothing new on the second one, you're right there. There are some other versions of some videoclips like 2 Walk On or Stuck In A Moment videos but they're all on YouTube if you look for it.

Crazy high price. On Amazon in America you can get the single disc U218 for $9.99 and the Deluxe for $19.99, what confuses me is they have two different U218 Videos DVDs listed, one for $13.99 and one for $19.99. Either way it's a much better price.

I got the deluxe for 25 euro, the Milan DVD is worth that alone :drool: I'm loving it, well worth the money, I've yet to listen to the cd yet though :wink:

One complaint, no bonus track on the cd for the deluxe :madspit:

Last edited:
Yes, I paid less for it on Amazon. I ordered both of it, because I wanted to have Milan and some of the old videos that I don't have.

can you confirm that songs like "Beautiful Day" and "One" are any of the beach clips?

Streets, New Year's are single versions, walk on is shorter than the album album version. Elevation is studio and I'd say it's the studio of WITS as well

Pride:Album Version
NYD:Video Version (as on best of 80's)
MW: Achtung baby version
Stuck: Album
Streets:Single verson with backing vocals edited out
Walk On: Radio Edit
Window in the skies: album version
Sometimes: Album version
Elevation:album version
rest doesn't have alternate single versions

So Elevation isn't the Tomb Raider mix :madspit: Ugghhh... the album is far weaker than the TR version.

And what do you mean Streets has the backing vocals edited out? :ohmy: You're starting to worry me now :huh:

(Only good news is that they went with the album version of MW, didn't like the altered line on the Best Of 1990-2000).

OpperGoeroe said:

The grave is now a groove.

That's what the booklet says ;)

then it is the same with the Vertigo lyrics... I've been listening to WITS intensely now, and I cannot hear grave there, other people I asked can't hear it either...
I do hear the Out of you now :hmm: odd thing...

How amusing that the "Singles" part of the title is not actually reflected in the choice of song edits...

if you had waited a couple of weeks you would have been able to buy about all of that stuff for about the price you'd pay for both the Saints and the Windows ... singles

so I'll wait

since neither the content nor the price were big secrets only revealed after the purchase anyway I'm not exactly sure why you're complaining at all
but that could just

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom