Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, who else here has tickets for the show but doesn't have plane tickets to Hawaii yet?

assuming there is a second show, it should deter many of these genius scalpers who may have figured out that they won't be worth their time......and hopefully a few of them can crunch on their extra supply. btw, another dane cook fan here. My wife loves him(and likes looking at him a bit too much :ohmy: )

Yeah Dane's eye candy for sure......I'm usually laughing way too hard to focus too much though. He cracks me the hell up.

I'd LOVE to see him live, too bad the tix are so expensive!

Carek1230 said:
Did anyone hear first hand account from any of those who camped in line at Aloha Stadium for tickets today? Any news?

this was on U2.com....

So, a case where too much reserach actually backfired. Because I'd been hearing so many horror stories about TM's website crashing with U2 ticket ordering, I decided to forego online ordering and joined the crowds at Times Kahala with a friend to join the line at the TM outlet there. We also had another friend as a backup ordering online at home. Our goal was to get 7 seats in the orange section (1st level). We were 6th in line when I arrived at 6:45 AM for the 9 AM ticket sale. After waiting around, the manager showed up and explained that they would be doing a ticket lottery and that numbers would be handed out at 8 AM.

When the numbers were passed out, both my friend and I had pulled numbers in the latter half of the line. While we were waiting in line, after about 15 minutes, we heard the news that the $165 seats and the GA section had been sold out. About that time, I got a phone call from our friend online who reported finding tickets online - I immediately asked him to purchase whatever he could - he managed to get 4 tickets together in the brown section (3rd level). While working our way up the line slowly, I got another phone call from him saying that he had found another 3 tickets in the blue section (2nd level) and had purchased them with a different credit card with a different billing address. By the time that my friend in line (who was ahead of me) got to the ticket window, the only 4 tickets together available were in the yellow section (5th level) so she purchased them as a backup. I pulled out of the line at that point as we had all the tickets that we needed and the situation wasn't going to get any better.

It's frustrating to me because I could have stayed home, slept in, logged into TM at 9 AM and probably ended up with 4 tickets in the orange section (1st level) - at least the odds would have been better with the two of us trying online. I'm also kicking myself because I should have been calling TM as well on the phone while I was waiting in line.

Just my experience purchasing tickets - hopefully, others can use my experiences to learn from. Despite this, I'm still totally stoked about getting a chance to see U2 finally in concert!

^ he must be 12 or something, don't we all know this stuff already:wink:

Carek1230 said:

I think he deserves a big punch in the FACE!

(are any of you Dane Cook fans?)

Dane went to my high school. He was a couple of years older but his sister was in my grade.

I actually have some hook ups at the "Garden". If people want to go the show you can email me and I can hook a couple people up with some cheap tickets (that are actually good)

editorinchief said:

Dane went to my high school. He was a couple of years older but his sister was in my grade.

I actually have some hook ups at the "Garden". If people want to go the show you can email me and I can hook a couple people up with some cheap tickets (that are actually good)

Oh yea?! I'll email you tomorrow about it. :)

This is the garden in Boston right? :uhoh:

Carek1230 said:

I am sure there are a few.

:shame: Better book that flight!

:D

The price of the flight I had been watching all week (just in case I really did get GA's and lost my mind) went up $150 as I was booking it, and the hotel ran out of rooms! Book now if you can, that is Spring Break for a lot of Americans or at least West Coasters. Hence this teacher is going to HAWAII!!!

U2Girl1978 said:

Whoa nice! :up:

May I ask how you did it? :reject:

Sorry if I'm being intrusive.

not at problem at all. finally went with my wife to weight watchers (was 245, now 200). quit my high stress job, cut out fast food and started running again (did a marathon in 2002, so the base was there). basic takeaway is it was a life change.

tryan101 said:

not at problem at all. finally went with my wife to weight watchers (was 245, now 200). quit my high stress job, cut out fast food and started running again (did a marathon in 2002, so the base was there). basic takeaway is it was a life change.

Awesome! :up: :)

and priceline too. Comparable prices but more flight flexibility for me......and Tryan, nice job. I managed to 'run' a marathon this year, but it's still a challenge to keep the lbs off. Certainly won't be ready for the Speedo in April....

weinerdog said:
and priceline too. Comparable prices but more flight flexibility for me......and Tryan, nice job. I managed to 'run' a marathon this year, but it's still a challenge to keep the lbs off. Certainly won't be ready for the Speedo in April....

:no:

I don't care how skinny the dude might be, speedos = :barf:
Oh, and I am :drunk:

I do however, approved of this
:lol:

Friend's are gone... as Kevin would say... buvch of sallies :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom