GRAMMYS-POST ALL COMMENTS, ETC. HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
god i wish they'd hurry up i want to go to bed!

Same Bullet.
mad.gif

Very disappointed. Strange thing, academy voting...I think splits have occurred (U2, Dylan, and U2, Nelly) to allow the past two wins...most media critics had ATYCLB in their top 10 for last year (2000) and picked it to win album of the year, but Dylan's album is timeless...when you listen you swear you've already heard it for 20 years, so I can see that one getting a lot of votes that would have gone to ATYCLB.

I definitely have always believed Walk On was the best off the album, but since when has the ARAS had much sense. At least, they had the glory of all the recognition (nominations) and the company of their loved ones (didn't they all look beautiful??).

So I guess I'll lighten up and not get too depressed. It's a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

They are gonna win for Record of the Year, that's why they are doing it so late.

I agree, hurry up, I'm tired!

i think i might just go to bed now, cuz i'm thinkin alicia keys is gonna win record of the year.

grr. *hmph*

I wonder if the album of the year winners will be pwerforming in the all star line up at the end. No Way.

I am taking this personnel. This is more a slap to us fans then U2. I can't get over this.

Where is the protest potition?

Sorry all I can't spell tonight I just got back from FL. 7:30 my plane landed and I drove like a bat out of H*** to get home in time to catch U2. Had way to many beers. Greate Vacation. What a bad ending tonight. I think I will go cry
frown.gif

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
god i wish they'd hurry up i want to go to bed!

I agree, while we're waiting, I'm just listening to some Metallica to let off some steam.

Regardless of how the Grammys go down, in our hearts and minds, ATYCLB is the TRUE album of the year.

I would go to bed then, there is no way they will win record of the year.

I dont know which is worse, the Achtung Baby screwing or this one. I honestly think this one. There was a reason for AB, the Eric Clapton sympathy wave. This year it is just embarrassing, O Brother Where...... What a crock of shit. I think you guys are right about album of the year moving up in the show, it usually is last. I think the Grammy's are expecting some backlash for their album of the year winner.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 02-27-2002).]

UPDATED RESULTS

8 total nominations.

WON: 3
LOST: 4
LEFT: 1

Specifically...

WON
* Rock Album
* Group Pop Performance w/ Vocal (Stuck)
* Group Rock Performance (Elevation)

LOST
* Rock Song (Elevation lost to Train)
* Rock Song (Walk On lost to Train)
* Album of the Year (lost to O Brother sdtk.)
* Song of the Year (lost to Alicia Keys)

LEFT
* Record of the Year (Walk On)

//fingers still crossed for Walk On//

Opening the show performing WO, then closing by winning ROTY for it would be cool...

It would also be a long shot I think. Even though the album is big, the song didn't get much airplay.

Originally posted by Blue Room:
I would go to bed then, there is no way they will win record of the year.

I dont know which is worse, the Achtung Baby screwing or this one. I honestly think this one. There was a reason for AB, the Eric Clapton sympathy wave. This year it is just embarrassing, O Brother Where...... What a crock of shit. I think you guys are right about album of the year moving up in the show, it usually is last. I think the Grammy's are expecting some backlash for their album of the year winner.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 02-27-2002).]

Yes, this is clearly worse than the Clapton dicking. Clapton obviously had the sympathy wave with him, but he also had a song ("Tears in Heaven") that was a huge hit. O Brother has neither.

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
Yes, this is clearly worse than the Clapton dicking. Clapton obviously had the sympathy wave with him, but he also had a song ("Tears in Heaven") that was a huge hit. O Brother has neither.

I agree. "Tears in Heaven" was a good song.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

might as well jump on the bandwagon and express my feelings:

BAH HUMBUG!

------------------
"The world is often a wicked place, when you look around, but it's also full of beauty...and beauty is the consolation prize really...and we just have to find more of it and we have to look for it in unexpected places...its not just in those fashion spreads,
that's not real beauty...There is beauty to be found in everyday things."
?Bono
http://home.pacbell.net/sylviaji/

Then again, if O Brother and Steely Dan can win albums of the year, anything is possible. Just not likely. Walk On is not the record of the year but apparantly the artist that deserves to win typically doesnt at the Grammy's.

I think Larry had the right idea in 1993. U2 needs to skip this bullshit from now on. If they put out an album this year and it gets nominated they need to skip next years awards.

Umm...what the heck is this song? I'm thinkin' that I'm not likin' it......

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Sorry, U2 will not win Record of the Year - rarely have the Song and Record of the Year been different. Keys will win.

As much as I hate to admit it, you're probably right, which is another case of the better song getting robbed, which is a shame, considering that "Walk On" has a LOT more social relevance.

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Then again, if O Brother and Steely Dan can win albums of the year, anything is possible. Just not likely. Walk On is not the record of the year but apparantly the artist that deserves to win typically doesnt at the Grammy's.

I think Larry had the right idea in 1993. U2 needs to skip this bullshit from now on. If they put out an album this year and it gets nominated they need to skip next years awards.

I agree. This is a joke. They all are a joke.

Back
Top Bottom