GRAMMYS-POST ALL COMMENTS, ETC. HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by U2Byrd:
India what ever her name is will win because she is singing NOW befor the award

Yeah, I think they always have the previous performer get the award to save time of going to seats and back. Speed up show, not waiting for them to get to stage.

*forget the smilie*
redface.gif

Third time I had to do this tonight.

Larry was so fucking gorgeous. Adam spoke.

I love those boys.

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 02-27-2002).]

They win with class and they lose with class. That's what makes them the best!

------------------
Me3

Suddenly everyone loves the Grammys do they?! Haha... this is so hypocritical.

Anyway enough.

Thank you, you beautiful people. Goodnight, God bless you.

Savin' the best for last!!!!!!!!!!

Adam speaks!!!!! *faints*

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!

I had my doubts, and you had me convinced, but the split amazingly happened. I think that vibe about moving the album of the year up was dead on.

I am so stunned....and happy for them.

Can YOU BELIEVE THIS?!?!?!

4 songs off of ATYCLB win a Grammies! Two are RECORD OF THE YEAR - and ATYCLB still did NOT win Album of the Year!!! In-f*ckin'-credible!

At least U2 won ANOTHER major award from ATYCLB. And more important, EVERY single that was released from ATYCLB won an award.

GO U2!

Originally posted by follower:
I have no more nails to be bitten...Walk On deserves this award. They would have won Record of the Year twice in a row then.

Which would of course be great, but it only stand to further anger me (and just about everyone else) about the Album of the Year screw-job.

The award show organizers knew they'd get blasted for this...at first I thought I was a little off my rocker, but the more I consider it I think it's clear the award was moved up because they knew it sucked eggs. Contrary to what they say, the top organizers obviously know who wins these awards before the show happens and I think they've adjusted this year to compensate for blowing it.

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:

Anyway enough.

Thank you, you beautiful people. Goodnight, God bless you.

I never said I hated the Grammys. I thought that the album of the year award was totally unbelievable was all.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

God walking through the room more than most, God walked through the room on our record!

Good jobs boys
4 Grammys!!!!!!!!

I love you
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Can YOU BELIEVE THIS?!?!?!

4 songs off of ATYCLB win a Grammies! Two are RECORD OF THE YEAR - and ATYCLB still did NOT win Album of the Year!!! In-f*ckin'-credible!

At least U2 won ANOTHER major award from ATYCLB. And more important, EVERY single that was released from ATYCLB won an award.

GO U2!

U know what? I think this is fair...for ATYCLB to have won best album when AB didnt woulda been a travesty, but I agree that U2's singles were all worthy of awards.

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
Opening the show performing WO, then closing by winning ROTY for it would be cool...

It would also be a long shot I think. Even though the album is big, the song didn't get much airplay.

Guess I was wrong...Holy Shit! Adam speaks! Can't wait to hear Walk On all over the radio!

I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad I was wrong. They apear to be making Record of the year the TOP Award Odd I must say. But I will take it. I will shut up and go to bed.

MSU2mike,
EAT YOUR WORDS! U2 win for Record of the YEAR for WALK ON!!!!!!

FINAL RESULTS

8 total nominations.

WON: 4
LOST: 4

Specifically...

WON
* Rock Album (ATYCLB)
* Group Pop Performance w/ Vocal (Stuck)
* Group Rock Performance (Elevation)
* Record of the Year (Walk On)

LOST
* Rock Song (Elevation lost to Train)
* Rock Song (Walk On lost to Train)
* Album of the Year (lost to O Brother sdtk.)
* Song of the Year (lost to Alicia Keys)

A beautiful night for U2...
biggrin.gif

I dont normally do alot of swearing but FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE!
I still would have rather have had Album of the year. But this is a little vindication I guess. They got one of the biggies at least. Still, does it make much sense. 4 songs from the album won grammy's yet the album didnt win Album of the year. That is completely fucked.

I agree that they moved album of the year because they knew it was ridiculous.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 02-27-2002).]

Wierdness, U2 must have known all along if they won or not, they were waiting backstage with India.Arie or whatever. Hmmm...But they won dudes! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
COME ON!

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
but the more I consider it I think it's clear the award was moved up because they knew it sucked eggs. Contrary to what they say, the top organizers obviously know who wins these awards before the show happens and I think they've adjusted this year to compensate for blowing it.

I totally agree with you. They knew they had to end with U2 on stage.

That was awesome. A real bright spot in an otherwise crappy month or so for me. Great job, guys.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:

Nope - not me. I'm even more upset. How could one album have TWO Record of the Year awards (perhaps the most prestigious award), see EVERY single released from it win a Grammy, see a Song of the Year, Rock Album of the Year, Rock Song of the Year (twice) and Pop Song of the Year award and still NOT win Album of the Year??? This just makes me all the more upset.

At least - at least - U2 won another very prestigious award tonight. This gives me hope for a sales boost thanks to the Grammy wins. And 4 awards out of 7 categories - it may not be a sweep, but it is impressive.

Back
Top Bottom