eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess now it's become apparent why the sudden late tour changes in the setlist - the band decided recently to film the final Berlin show for home video/possible HBO broadcast and according to Williams, don't want any duplicate songs from the previous IE live release. Taken at face value, that means they still have to dump and/or switch out Vertigo, I Will Follow, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Elevation, Pride, City Of Blinding Lights, Beautiful Day and One. Basically, make the setlist what it should have been when this tour started.

Which is great ...in theory.

I guess now it's become apparent why the sudden late tour changes in the setlist - the band decided recently to film the final Berlin show for home video/possible HBO broadcast and according to Williams, don't want any duplicate songs from the previous IE live release. Taken at face value, that means they still have to dump and/or switch out Vertigo, I Will Follow, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Elevation, Pride, City Of Blinding Lights, Beautiful Day and One. Basically, make the setlist what it should have been when this tour started.

Yes, right, they're going to switch all these songs for a video shoot. You're definitely onto something here. Fingers crossed...

Yea that's not happening

I wonder if they'll do their EU stuff in the UK?! There'll be a riot of they do.

I predict a riot, I predict a riot!

OK maybe not but the UK is such a hotbed atm they might get booed.

The stretch starting with Zoo Station and the narrative about the Achtung/Zooropa days is what they should have done all along. Wtf were they thinking doing the same exact stretch of I/E from 2015?

I love those songs, but it made no sense doing it again- especially so soon after.

They’re playing shows in London, Manchester, and Belfast. And let’s be honest, the only location of those three where they have a remote chance of being booed over that stuff is Belfast. Be real about it: Northern Irish brexiteers are not and never were going to a U2 show.

Back
Top Bottom