eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mick Fucking Jagger treating his body well my ass. That dude has intoxicated his body so much over his life that he might as well be a Kidney Stone instead.

I get it. Bono won’t be running around stage for decades to come. But I mean, for the greater past half decade, well actually, ever since he bicycling accident, he’s *already* been stiff on stage. Sure, he might have early onset Roger Daltry Syndrome. Maybe 70 isn’t realistic for him to perform at. But he’ll be fine I’m sure.

Larry... drummers are a special breed. They take the biggest toll, physically. It’s always been truly hard to understand just how bad his body feels, given that he’s always been an ageless wonder in appearance.
Jagger and McCartney obviously both dabbled in drugs early in their careers... both stopped and started becoming very health conscious decades ago.

Bono is still boozing till 4 am nearing 60. Therein lies the difference.

Bono is fat.
Larry is not on board.
"Does anyone need another U2 album?"
Rinse, repeat.

On Mick Jagger: I know he’s a fancy healthy guy now. My comments were more through his career, as I understand it.

Yeah obviously in the 60's and 70's things were different, but Mick has been a health nut for decades.
When they opened their 40 Licks tour here back in 2002, they were here for over a week (this was the tour where they did 3 shows in different venues in the bigger cities, played Gillette Stadium the garden and then the Orpheum theater here) between rehearsals and the shows, The gossip column in the local paper ran a piece about Mick's regimen. In addition to running like 6 miles daily, he had also rented out a room at The Boston Ballet where he did stretching, yoga and worked on his stage moves etc. He is in phenomenal condition for a man his age and works hard at it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...-shape-for-the-rolling-stones-no-filter-tour/

Since Steel Wheels Tour (Mick was probably around 45) Mick has been in top shape and away from the drugs and probably booze. He still does push ups, situps, and runs every day.

His voice might not be the same live (still solid) but his moves and energy are still the same. Mick made a health choice and he's stuck with it.

Bono could do better for sure. If he gave up the heavy drinking and worked out more it would be a start. But Mick is on a different level than everyone as far as performers go at his age.

Mick is on a different level than performers half his age, physically. However, Bono at 58 is a much better live singer than Mick was at 58. He just sort of yells or half talks/half sings his way through the songs, and lets the backup singers carry the melody. And don’t even get me started on Keith!

but none of the performers mentioned here who are in such great shape (have you seen Sting lately? unbelieveable) are saving the world on our behalf. there's the difference.

Bono drinks til 4am because he has to - for our own good.

why don't you people understand this??? Jesus wasn't in great shape either you know, despite his appearance at the time.

Mick is on a different level than performers half his age, physically. However, Bono at 58 is a much better live singer than Mick was at 58. He just sort of yells or half talks/half sings his way through the songs, and lets the backup singers carry the melody. And don’t even get me started on Keith!

Saw the Stones in Vegas 2016. Last US show I think. We had a trip planned already and they announced the date. Figured we can check them out.

Keith was so bad :doh:. I just kept thinking Ronnie Wood is carrying this band now (musical wise) now.

A bit of late, but I'm not getting the doom and cloom from the Sunday Times piece. Reservation, sure, but definitely not any inclinations that U2 are close to a finish. I think we'd know. They're going to go out with a bang.

Love the fact that Zoo Station and The Fly have been reintroduced tonight. Although I am a bit worried that they're giving these the swansong treatment.

I guess if by “friskier” you mean “stingier”. And of course, the idiocy of debuting Zoo Station in Hamburg and not Berlin.

If they’re trimming 3 songs a night for the rest of the tour due to Bono, Larry, whoever, that’s not a good sign.

Sorry, cranky pants. I'll rephrase.

They're changing the TIGHT NARRATIVE for the first time all tour - perhaps because they're trying to have as much fun as their actively rotting bodies will allow them to, which clearly isn't much.

Maybe their physical therapists finally gave their frail bodies the okay to play different songs, since that puts added stress on their bodies and minds.

but none of the performers mentioned here who are in such great shape (have you seen Sting lately? unbelieveable) are saving the world on our behalf. there's the difference.

Bono drinks til 4am because he has to - for our own good.

why don't you people understand this??? Jesus wasn't in great shape either you know, despite his appearance at the time.

According to most Catholic Churches I’ve been to, Jesus had great abs.

Back
Top Bottom