eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't there SIX London gigs for I+e?

Correct:

Oct 25, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 26, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 29, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 30, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Nov 02, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Nov 03, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena

I think everyone had been expecting demand to be lower than 2015 based on slower sales (and fewer dates) on the US e+i leg. Plus demand was off the charts in 2015 because the band had been Invisible ;) for nearly four years. This time around, they're touring one year after a major stadium tour. So yeah, they did six in 2015, but I don't think anyone is expecting that many this time around.

Last edited:
Got up at 4am US East Coast and got 2 tickets (seats in section F) for Dublin 3 - will be our first trip to Ireland -- can't wait!

Yeah I get ya. 6 is almost excessive. Don't think I could stretch my euros that far anyway. (If 6 had been announced for Dublin, 4 is tough enough to pay for - if I get tickets for all that is. ho hum)

Correct:

Oct 25, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 26, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 29, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 30, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Nov 02, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena
Nov 03, 2015 London, England at O2 Arena

I think everyone had been expecting demand to be lower than 2015 based on slower sales (and fewer dates) on the US e+i leg. Plus demand was off the charts in 2015 because the band had been Invisible ;) for nearly four years. This time around, they're touring one year after a major stadium tour. So yeah, they did six in 2015, but I don't think anyone is expecting that many this time around.

The european demand for U2 gigs seems almost endless. And they have no dates in other high demand countries like Poland etc.

What's sad about it?

Honestly?

Logistically this tour is very expensive. If the overheads are higher in Europe, and there are fewer arenas capable of holding the concert, why wouldn't they do it this way?

Well from a business point of view it makes perfect sense but there is more to the music business than money ,something that Livenation and Rapino do not understand.

There are plenty of modern arenas in Europe capable of hosting concerts ,its not really an issue .
Its more down to money .

Its basically saying to your fans we arent going to play your country unless we get a shed load of dosh . Its almost a bidding war ,we will go where we can get the most moula.

Last edited:
Correct:

Oct 25, 2015London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 26, 2015London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 29, 2015London, England at O2 Arena
Oct 30, 2015London, England at O2 Arena
Nov 02, 2015London, England at O2 Arena
Nov 03, 2015London, England at O2 Arena

Yeah it was 6 in London and 2 in Glasgow. With 2 in Belfast and 4 in Dublin. We're getting 4 less shows in the uk this tour

Let not get too excited but there is always 2019..!!!!! lols los

If they are going to do Australia and Asia then they'll have to tour into 2019. Somehow, they've managed to make 60 shows across NA and Europe take up the entire calendar year of 2018.

Im on about Europe he was saying only 2 shows in London then i was like there is always 2019..!!!! Yeah i know its going too be Oz/Nz if any thing nx

ahh how did you manage that? The elusive Sat night GAs! Well done.
Got 2 GA for Dublin1, 2 Ga for Dublin3 in presale.
It's a start.
Will keep on truckin'!

You don't want to know how many street signs, shop fronts and vehicles I've seen in the last few attempts at getting tickets! :)

If they are going to do Australia and Asia then they'll have to tour into 2019. Somehow, they've managed to make 60 shows across NA and Europe take up the entire calendar year of 2018.

Would they play stadia or arenas in Australia I wonder ?
There is probably too much demand for arenas .
It would probably have more sense to bring the Joshua tree down there .

What did you get. We got 2 in the second level near the E stage. There were no GA's that I could find.

I only pulled 400 sec. grab a cheap shit seat. Never saw 200 or GA.

GAs were so easy to pull in the presale.

Maybe they're doing this on purpose to show the difference between verified fan vs regular sale. As shitty as verified was thought to be, couldn't people pull GAs?

A lot of Experience codes had already been used by the time MSG3 went up. I think the lack of VF made both the Citi and regular onsales a free-for-all.

A lot of Experience codes had already been used by the time MSG3 went up. I think the lack of VF made both the Citi and regular onsales a free-for-all.
That was a bonus of not having to use one for DC... I swooped right in and picked up a GA for this show.

Was really hoping to use it for Dublin, but November is not a good time to take a week off of work. Was hoping for early September this go around.

Alas, a weekend NYC show is a nice consolation prize.

I got an MSG3 GA in like two minutes. In and out, no problem. Arrived yesterday.

Still have 2.5 codes left. Hoping for an extra leg.

That was a bonus of not having to use one for DC... I swooped right in and picked up a GA for this show.

Was really hoping to use it for Dublin, but November is not a good time to take a week off of work. Was hoping for early September this go around.

Alas, a weekend NYC show is a nice consolation prize.

I got a single seat via Citi and won't complain. My "new" Experience code worked as a test but not worth the risk. Good mix of GA and seats this tour for me; I'm glad to take in the entire production again.

I got a single seat via Citi and won't complain. My "new" Experience code worked as a test but not worth the risk. Good mix of GA and seats this tour for me; I'm glad to take in the entire production again.

How did u get the Cities tix?!

My sis had been trying for me since 1st gen sale (she was not going this time, we've seen them together from 87-2015) with no luck.

I didn't even know the was a 3rd date added (she got the notice)!
She tried thru Citi had the codes etc but couldn't get, oh I don't even remember exactly what she said - I was too stunned that there was a 3rd show, that I didn't hear about it, and still don't have a fecking ticket!

But now she's interested because she just heard the full album last week and she loves it!

She'd like to but not at resale prices. I think she'd go for 120$ maybe a bit higher (150$) not GA (which is what I want [she can't stand that long]) , but I'd rather be at this show where ever in the arena.
But i'm the one who has to hunt down tix, and I don't even have WiFi at home.
I'm not going to really get cranky till late April, still any leads you hear of, please put on my public message on my ?CP. and hanks

I just found this all out 2 hours ago. I am so :gah: :(

Last edited:
I have seen people getting their tickets in the mail already, when can i expect Ticketmaster DK to ship out theirs? I did chose Collector's Tickets this time around and they are supposed to ship from Denmark to Sweden. But i have never picked an option for tickets in the mail before so i am a little angsty that it might get lost in the mail or whatevers.

Paper tixs for DK have been sent out already im not going BUT i know people who are from South Wales they was expecting some nice paper tixs & just basically got a bit of plain white card with all deatils etc they was very disappointed the E tixs look much better NO JOKE.
Them colleter tixs will come month or 2 before the shows going on what mine was for JT tour got mine few wks before they nice worth having but id not buy them again just nice too add too ya collection tho

Yeah i wanted some nice souvenir from this tour thats why i got the collector ticket. I often get paper tickets that you get printed from an outlet for concerts.

Milan 4 has been announced, finally...it has taken nerves of steel to have Milan 3 and 4 as the shows on my European trip, lol. I still have code, but something is telling me not to use it and just go for it in the LN/general sale, I am not looking at GA anyway.

Back
Top Bottom