even more things i hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :hug: . . .that's awful Thora . . . hope the great gods of good kharma shine some light on you so you can get there . . . could you meet them at the end for coffee and cake??? I often do that when my mates go to places that are just way out of my league :hug:

I know what you mean. My brother's getting married and I can only afford to take myself - not my husband or son. I really like my son to be able to see his cousins, esp. since he's an only child, but we just can't do the extra $250 plane ticket.

Thora, can you just go for dessert maybe? That's the best part of any meal, anyway. :wink:

Thanks. :hug: It's a prix fixe menu that night, so there's dessert included at the party. I suppose I could ask my cousins if they want to have an after-party or something later on that evening. :lol:

They needed to have the numbers for the restaurant, and I told them no yesterday, so even if I were able to magically come up with the money, they might have already notified the restaurant.

:hug: It is indeed a bitch. :hug:

Why can't you just get the worm/virus deleted?

Because that would require more computing acumen than I possess.

And if I'm going to have to pay to have it fixed, then I may as well put that money towards a new laptop, since this one is already 7 or 8 years old. (It was a hand-me-down, so I'm not sure exactly how anxient it is.)

^ :hug: . . .we all have our vices :shifty: and it was a collective rant against the general masses gorgeous girl not against some of the stellar individuals around here . . . I smoked, more than socially, for a good part of my late teens & early 20's and it was one of the most difficult things to do to give it up . . . but you know what, if you enjoy it :shrug: . . . just er, don't hang out the front of my local shopping centre :lol: :)

I understand your point. But, this is where the ashtrays usually are...

And to add a flip side, there is almost always someone who comes up to me no matter how far out of the way I go to lecture me on the evils of smoking and how today would be a good day to quit. I tried and failed at quitting recently and a nonsmoking friend (one who thinks smoking is disgusting and totally doesn't get why anyone does it in the first place) was understanding enough to point out never having someone go out of their way to tell me that was a perk of not smoking.

Things I hate...when people go out of their way to lecture on something that doesn't bother them. If it bothers you and you can't get away, feel free. I'll put my cigarette out or move on. Most smokers I know would do the same. But going out of your way to tell me that and then complain after, seriously. I might as well tell them to stop picking their nose and eating boogers just because I see them doing it.

i'm SO going to regret this...

The Day I Quit

:reject: i needed a cigarette after doing that. :lol: but i'm brave, and apparently not a lot of people are even aware of the campaign... so until now, my fame has only existed with my family. people are only gonna quit when they're good and ready. hassling smokers is as productive as picking fleas off my dogs.

^ wait, sorry, pardon my ignorance. Are you one of the 10? I don't know you well enough to know your real name :reject:

Mr.Z is struggling (or not?) with this issue as we speak.

^ wait, sorry, pardon my ignorance. Are you one of the 10? I don't know you well enough to know your real name :reject:

Mr.Z is struggling (or not?) with this issue as we speak.

don't be sorry! i didn't explain in here very well. i'm anna, one of the 10.

is your hub quitting because he knows he should, or because he really wants to? all smokers are the first one. not everyone is the second though. i think that's what sets us up for failure or success.

i'm SO going to regret this...

The Day I Quit

:reject: i needed a cigarette after doing that. :lol: but i'm brave, and apparently not a lot of people are even aware of the campaign... so until now, my fame has only existed with my family. people are only gonna quit when they're good and ready. hassling smokers is as productive as picking fleas off my dogs.

:cute: . . . you legend ms anna :love: :hug:

Saying goodbye to a dear dear friend who has really looked after me for the last 6 and a bit years . . . I know that doors have to close before others can open, I just didn't think it would make me quite so sad to close this particular door :sigh: . . . I feel a little bit like Linus without his blanket right about now

is your hub quitting because he knows he should, or because he really wants to? all smokers are the first one. not everyone is the second though. i think that's what sets us up for failure or success.

That's very true. Most smokers try to quit once or twice, with the feeling they 'have' to. Not surprising they rarely succeed. But if you quit because you want to, it gets easier. :) It's like that with a lot of things in life. Certainly worked for my dad who smoked for almost 30 years and quit cold turkey a few years ago.

Good luck!

You'd have to ask him. :rolleyes: He's not usually honest with me about this whole thing.

Anna. :love: I love it. And I love your accent. :cute:
One of these days I'm going to do it, I just dont know when that will be.

Wait what? You hate your husband? :sad:

You know how they say every couple has that one thing that they can never agree on, the source of most major arguments? We don't ever fight about money or sex or how we spend our time or anything like that. We fight about smoking. It's a long and complicated story but yeah. No I don't hate him. I hate the fact that he smokes.

Anna - :hug:
Purple - :hug:

:hug:s for everyone

:cute: . . . thanks gorgeous girls . . . right back at you :hug: :hug:

You'd have to ask him. :rolleyes: He's not usually honest with me about this whole thing.

You know how they say every couple has that one thing that they can never agree on, the source of most major arguments? We don't ever fight about money or sex or how we spend our time or anything like that. We fight about smoking. It's a long and complicated story but yeah. No I don't hate him. I hate the fact that he smokes.

and you get one too :) . . . :hug: . . . that's such a hard one zooey . . . hope there's an equitable resolution for both of you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom