even more things i hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . :up: . . . specially the ones that hover around outside the entrances to office buildings and shopping centres so you get a big ole whooshy fug of it as you walk past :yuck:

(hafta admit though I think there should be somewhere that they can go . . .every one has to have a vice :shrug: )
agreed. similarly, i also hate asshole smokers who assume when you say you're allergic to smoke, you're saying it because you don't like it. though that could be said about jerks in general who assume since some people say they're allergic to things they don't like, all people must do this.

^ oooh someones playing devils advocate . . . I love it :lol:

< but you're right, its the cigaretto and all its *loveliness* that is to be despised . . . :shrug:

:shifty: . . . if enough red wine has been consumed I have been known to um join the filthy smoking throng :reject: . . . very very rare and always regretted . . . and oh . .. this should be in another thread *backs away slowly*

yeah, i don't think i can go so far as to say i hate smokers, especially since both my dad and the future mother-in-law smoke. i must admit though most of my frustration is directed at my dad. he's gone from being one of those super considerate smokers to purposely blowing smoke in your face and barely cracking a window in the car when he smokes. he's told my mom he thinks i'm lying about being allergic, but uh...my doctor told me i was! being around smoke makes it feel like there's a vice tightening around the top of my entire head and gives me horrible migraines. it can trigger nausea, lots of fun things.

okay, i feel better getting all that off my chest. :lol:

why? :huh:

i can understand why people could hate smokes, or think they're awful, but that doesn't make a smoker awful.

I think what I said went through the wrong way there. I was meant to say something more like I dislike people who try to tell you that they're awesome or whatever.

I'm a bit stuck here.

:reject:

yeah, i don't think i can go so far as to say i hate smokers, especially since both my dad and the future mother-in-law smoke. i must admit though most of my frustration is directed at my dad. he's gone from being one of those super considerate smokers to purposely blowing smoke in your face and barely cracking a window in the car when he smokes. he's told my mom he thinks i'm lying about being allergic, but uh...my doctor told me i was! being around smoke makes it feel like there's a vice tightening around the top of my entire head and gives me horrible migraines. it can trigger nausea, lots of fun things.

This. It can trigger so many bad things (which sometimes takes up to even a day before they clear again :huh: ), which some smokers (not all, but some) are really NOT considerate at all of, and they even indeed go as far to say that being allergic to it is nonsense. Then I'm like ok, you smoke, and now you are even telling me that whatever heavy body reactions I get of it are non-existent, and actually saying I should tolerate the on purpose smoking and just accept it and don't be such a baby? I'm sorry but such an attitude really pisses me off :| I get really sick when there's so much smoke in a bad ventilated room (asthma, allergies and other bad triggers). And then some smokers should really just watch their attitude as to say to me that I am overreacting.

The allergic reactions to inhaling cigarette smoke is true. It happens to me and I grew up with both parents chain smoking. I can't stand the smell. It makes me dizzy, my eyes itch and water like allergies cause your eyes to do, I get headaches, feel nauseous, feel light-headed and dizzy. I realize we all have vices and I Try to respect smokers-if that is what they chose to do to their bodies, so be it but don't blow it anywhere near my direction. I try as hard as I can to avoid it. Pot smoke now affects me the same. I live next door to a guy who smokes pot daily (grows and sells it too) and people who are always coming and going are always smoking in the common yards which I HATE. Most of all I hate the thoughtless smokers who litter their ciggie butts all over or toss them out the car window! It's just so rude.

I got pretty lucky with cigs... my Dad quit before I was born (you can still kind of tell he smoked, though) and nobody else in my immediate family smokes. I've had the odd rebellious phase in which I've taken it up, but ultimately it's not really the vice for me. I don't like the idea of smoking, but I'm not really going to stop anyone from doing it. Everyone's a little self destructive.

lucky you, my dad nearly quit before i was born but didn't. :wink: he'll definitely be smoking till he dies, i don't even think emphysema will make him quit. (which is hilarious because he gives my grandma such shit for neglecting her health when a big part of it is...emphysema from refusing to quit smoking!) i of course don't care if people smoke or not, it's their bodies. as long as they don't do it around me, nifty. as you said bonnie, we all have our vices. whereas he'd spend his last $5 on a pack of cigarettes, i'd spend it on makeup or a cd or whatever shiny thing intrigues me at the moment.

he's gone from being one of those super considerate smokers to purposely blowing smoke in your face and barely cracking a window in the car when he smokes.

Wow, he blows smoke in your face? That's awful. See I would never smoke in a car with people that do not like cigarette smoke. I remember when we hung out briefly last year I thought I tried to make a conscious effort not to smoke around you because I know how you feel about it (until we got drunk then I couldn't fight off the urge to not have a cigarette any longer lol :reject:). But I'd like to think I'm a considerate smoker.

-------------

Generally speaking, there's really nowhere for smokers to go anymore to smoke, even outside, without people giving you dirty looks, making 'coughing' sounds, and/or making you feel like some kind of outcast for doing something that you are unfortunately addicted to. At work I walk half way around the building so that I don't annoy people. Being addicted to smoking is not something that most people can easily change, especially if they 'like' to smoke and if they've been smoking for many years (like myself). It's an addiction. Most people are addicted to something in life that is bad for you. Yes it sucks, its gross, and its harmful to others and harmful to yourself. But it also sucks to have people make you feel like a piece of shit because you smoke.

^ :hug: . . .we all have our vices :shifty: and it was a collective rant against the general masses gorgeous girl not against some of the stellar individuals around here . . . I smoked, more than socially, for a good part of my late teens & early 20's and it was one of the most difficult things to do to give it up . . . but you know what, if you enjoy it :shrug: . . . just er, don't hang out the front of my local shopping centre :lol: :)

Yeah, I guess I should ammend my post. I didn't mean to make the smokers here feel guilty. My post was aimed at a particular smoker whose habit infringes on me.
Sicy :hug:

It's all good. I know the posts were not aimed directly at me. It's hard sometimes not to take things personally though. But if anything I just wanted to give a smokers perspective on the conversation. :up:

It was good for me to hear, as I tend to be intollerant. There should be places they/you can go to smoke without being glared at ... just not at my house :D

Random hate rant...
I hate when customers call all the time and ask questions, but never buy anything. You are taking my time & effort, at least have the courtesy to buy something once in a blue moon. You're taking my time away from paying customers. Also, people who place orders, then when you go process their creditcard, it's declined. These same people call all the time to check on their orders too. Then they tell you they've mailed payment, and 2 weeks later, they can't believe I haven't received it yet. Not my fault! Then there are the people's orders that are declined, and you try contacting them and they don't respond to emails, Facebook messages, etc. One guy accepted me as a friend, but never answered me about his February order for 1 CD. :angry: :mad: :rant:

\ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :happy:

ETA: The customer that said he mailed a payment - well it finally showed up today, probably about 10 days after he sent it. Reason for delay: he put our company name, city, state and zip. Seemed to forget the PO Box number :banghead:

:hug::hug: Lila

People at the airport today are being really annoying too. It must be something in the air.

This entire afternoon. I'm about ready to hulk smash something, I'm so aggravated. :angry: GRRRR. I'm so incredibly annoyed, and there's nothing I can do. I obviously need to get a LOT of sleep tonight. :sigh:

talk about annoying people...

I hate when people bitch repeatedly about how much work they have, but when I ask them if there's anything that I can do to help, they dismiss it. Even though they CLEARLY need help. So, they want to stay busy to LOOK important instead of accomplishing the tasks?? Condescending people make me :mad: :madwife:

Wow, he blows smoke in your face? That's awful. See I would never smoke in a car with people that do not like cigarette smoke. I remember when we hung out briefly last year I thought I tried to make a conscious effort not to smoke around you because I know how you feel about it (until we got drunk then I couldn't fight off the urge to not have a cigarette any longer lol :reject:). But I'd like to think I'm a considerate smoker.
yeah. :sigh: and no worries, you were super considerate. :hug:

and i totally understand how frustrated smokers must feel. decades ago you could smoke anywhere: planes, hospitals, places of employment, restaurants, and one by one it's being banned everywhere to where in most areas, all that's left is your car and house. (though i've seen some apartment complexes that ban smoking in the entire building!)

That I can't afford to attend the graduation dinner for two of my cousins. :sad: I wish I weren't so broke. I don't get to see them often enough, and it's so awesome that both of them are graduating from university, and I really really really wanted to be able to go to their party. If only they hadn't picked one of the poshest restaurants in the entire city to have their celebration at, I would totally be there. :sigh: It sucks having no money.

^ :hug: . . .that's awful Thora . . . hope the great gods of good kharma shine some light on you so you can get there . . . could you meet them at the end for coffee and cake??? I often do that when my mates go to places that are just way out of my league :hug:

< waking up with a fever and a head like a stuffed cabbage :sigh: and the road works right outside my door make the idea of actually going back to sleep null and void :| *reachesfortheparacetamol*

That I can't afford to attend the graduation dinner for two of my cousins. :sad: I wish I weren't so broke. I don't get to see them often enough, and it's so awesome that both of them are graduating from university, and I really really really wanted to be able to go to their party. If only they hadn't picked one of the poshest restaurants in the entire city to have their celebration at, I would totally be there. :sigh: It sucks having no money.

I know what you mean. My brother's getting married and I can only afford to take myself - not my husband or son. I really like my son to be able to see his cousins, esp. since he's an only child, but we just can't do the extra $250 plane ticket.

Thora, can you just go for dessert maybe? That's the best part of any meal, anyway. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom