[CONFIRMED] U2 to perform Get On Your Boots at the Brit Awards!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, I remember watching it, I think I was a bit.......what the hell was that.:lol::ohmy: I wasn't sure about the performance at the time. Was an ok performance though really.

Are u2 only doing GOYB? :D

I believe they are.... Although the add I saw for the aussie tv broadcast said the show "featured new music by U2"

Make of that what you will.

Oh God, now we can start stressing about this performance tomorrow.

NEW @U2 ROUGH REHEARSAL AT THE BRITS
February 17, 2009
posted by: m2

According to an email from someone on the scene, U2 spent more than an hour tonight rehearsing "Get On Your Boots" at Earls Court Arena in London. Edge apparently handled most of the vocals while Bono left to talk to the sound crew. U2 will open the Brit Awards tomorrow with a live performance of the song.

Is it a hard song to perform or something? Because I thought the Grammys performance was pretty crappy aswell. And now it looks like they are having trouble performing it at the Brits.

I believe they are.... Although the add I saw for the aussie tv broadcast said the show "featured new music by U2"

Make of that what you will.

Funny, I thought Get On Your Boots was new music by U2.

Or has WTAHAN already moved onto the probably-won't-happen album Bono's forecast for later this year?

Funny, I thought Get On Your Boots was new music by U2.

Or has WTAHAN already moved onto the probably-won't-happen album Bono's forecast for later this year?

We're to the point where we're already bored with NLOTH (the album as a whole - not just the song). And two or three of us have heard it.

And we're fucking proud of it, Ax.

maybe rough rehearsal just means they were doing a run through and not going all out.....Edge did all the singing. If there is anything we know about our boys if they did not feel good about the Grammy performance they will come out blazing at the Brits. Their performance of MOFO was incredible at the Brits years ago....one of my favorite performances of all time.

Oh God, now we can start stressing about this performance tomorrow.

this is actually good news....it means Bono is going to make sure that the sound people don't fuck up their performance and he's confident enough otherwise....no problems..I'm expecting an awesome performance. And I'm also really looking forward to the "let me in the sound" breakdown...I wonder if they'll do it differently this time than the Grammys...

Ok, the video kicked ass at the 'let me in sound' stretch. To me, what made it was how emotional Bono was, banging the hell out of the mic stand. I'd love to see him go there during the live performances, thought it would've helped for the Grammy performance, with the cracking glass on the video wall behind to add impact. :up: Why not use what got them there, give a little exposure to one of their best videos in years??

It's being shown on ITV in the UK tomorrow at 8pm GMT or noon out here on the West Coast of NA. Justintv should have some links up.

For Canada, you can watch repeats Thursday like usual on MuchMusic...I think 3pm, 6pm, 12am.

852929a.jpg

852929b.jpg

852929c.jpg

852929k.jpg

So is this being shown on TV in the U.S.? I didn't read thru the whole thread - just the last couple of pages, and I wasn't sure what channel might be picking it up.

is there a link? not being shown on TV and I'm at work anyway :sad:

Hopefully someone gets this in HD and posts it here!

Back
Top Bottom