BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wankard is, by far, the most irritating Port player since Tredrea retired. By far.

I know the Hawks have been struck by injuries, but this performance so far is so lifeless. They're not playing like they care.

Good start so far. Man is BT into this. "Bing and bang and boof it's ready to go! Big Boy McEvoy!!"

And I had no idea an Interferencer played footy, Imp(e)y.

For the first time I'm having doubts that the Hawks will finish in the top 4 this year.

Hawthorn have made some really basic mistakes. It's surprising. But Port are applying some significant pressure and it's producing results.

Oh Wingard what a goal!

"Just the candy man what about that!" :lmao:

Hawthorn are looking more and more shambolic by the minute, making Geelong's visit here look good by comparison. It's not just who they're missing, their kicking skills are way off their normal high standard.

Big outs, mind.

WC-Coll game looks like it was a cracker. First game all year where both teams scored 100. Only took 10 fucking rounds.

Feels like it used to be a more regular occurrence, I still fondly remember when we beat Carlton in the final H/A round in 2009, we managed to kick 176 points while Carlton despite being thrashed, still managed 100+!

Big goal to Gunston then. Hawks needed that.

Big outs, mind.

Not sure we can use that excuse when we've spent the last two seasons talking up Hawthorn's depth. It normally feels like if they lose one person, somebody else just as good walks in to take their place. They've an amazing squad, so talented and balanced.

Hilarious observation from the Guardian's live blog of the game:

If you're a betting type the Hawks have just blown out to $1.83 tonight, their longest odds of victory in the regular season since the Rudd government was in power. The first one.

The Guardian liveblogs football matches??? Anything's better than the AFL.com.au effort.

I'm on my way to Dyson Heppell's for a housewarming. Will try take a sneaky pic.

NO WAY.

The Guardian liveblogs football matches??? Anything's better than the AFL.com.au effort.

Yeah it's their first one. Hope it keeps up. I agree with Cobbler; Russell Jackson's a quality footy writer. You'll hate him though - he's been really taken with Port this year. :wink:

As long as he's not on the level of extreme wagoning ala Gerard Whateley, then that's fine.

Wantfrees getting in on the act, ugh.

I love how in the same post you bag out people for being too extreme and then say "Wantfrees". :lol:

I don't have individual hatred for Port players unless it's Monfries, Wingard or Kane Cornes. :wink:

I don't recall you hating Monfries when he was a Bomber!

And I really don't get the Wingard hatred.

I don't recall you hating Monfries when he was a Bomber!

I never liked him then either, always dived then, still dives now.

And I really don't get the Wingard hatred.
He's just very punchable, also his arrogance during his draft interview with GWS (there was a recent thing about this). Arrogant, unlikeable wanker.

Hard to fault Wingard's form this season though.

And I suppose I can understand hating Monfries for last year's Monfries Bounce alone. :wink:

It's far beyond that. :lol: Even two weeks ago there was an incident where he laid claim to a goal where his foot didn't even get near the ball, I think it prompted a warning from the AFL actually. He's a cheat, basically.

Meanwhile BT's talking about how this game's 'worthy' of a top 2 battle, has he even been watching the game or just wanking over Wingard whatever he does? This is the poorest I've seen Hawthorn play in a long time.

Have I told you the story about how one of my colleagues went to primary school with Monfries? Her first boyfriend, first kiss, all that. He swore to her that he'd never ever play for Port. About that...!

I remember Scott Thompson hated the Crows before he got traded here, once you're in the AFL it really doesn't matter.

I remember Scott Thompson hated the Crows before he got traded here, once you're in the AFL it really doesn't matter.

It's one thing I have trouble with in professional sport, having grown up in New Zealand in the dying days of rugby amateurism when you played for Wellington,* fought for Wellington, bled for Wellington, killed Aucklanders for Wellington, and never dreamt of playing for anyone but Wellington.

*Or whatever loser non-Wellington region you represented.

Yeah, it doesn't really exist here. Daisy Thomas had no issue in going to Collingwood's biggest rival etc. Not to mention, a lot of players from rival sides seemingly get along well with each other outside of football, but when I was younger I always preferred to believe that they all hated each other's guts and couldn't say a polite word even off field.

Back
Top Bottom