BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh. Great first quarter by Essendon, followed by an abysmal second one. Not a single goal, though we should've had a goal of the year contender if the ball hadn't just grazed the line and then bounced back into the field of play. We kept going backwards, trying to switch the play, only to fumble it and give St Kilda easy opportunities. Really, scores shouldn't be level at half time - Saints should be in front but we got a couple of lucky breaks (twice the Saints thought they had marked the ball in front of goal only for it to be touched).

Hope we sort our shit out for the second half.

I can safely say that there only two teams in this competition in which you can guarantee will almost always perform to a high level. The rest are so mixed.

I presume you mean the two set to meet on Monday? Can't fucking wait for that game. Should be one of the games of the year.

Who else, really? West Coast are stabbing themselves with missed opportunities here.

Can't believe Essendon are only ten points down at three quarter time. Feels like we're just blowing this monumentally and should be further behind. The Saints are playing really well, so full credit to them, but our errors are infuriating and we don't deserve to win if we keep playing like this. The glimpses of quality play are really exciting - like in the first quarter - but we've just been unable to get everything to connect properly for the last couple of quarters.

I like how West Coast waste 10 minutes of momentum to kick one measly goal, then fucking Poort manage to squeeze in two goals immediately afterwards without really wrestling the momentum their way.

Umpire is drunk, Port get a goal from a mark that wasn't even a mark. Clear first hand by the defender. Port luck out again.

Bloody hell, we tried to surge way too late and all too no avail. St Kilda worthy winners really, Riewoldt's in scorching form, but Essendon have no excuses for going missing after a strong start. That's one of those games you shouldn't lose. Last two weeks have been quite a letdown after a good start to the season. I hope we can get it back on track, preferably on Friday against the Pies.

Crowd of 45,000 with GWS being the opponent and it being an Easter Sunday, what.

Woah Carlton??

Do you wish you'd watched the game now, Travis?

I've conned my mum into putting the footy on this arvo. Should be a corker.

Bruce McAvaney just used the term "Big Boy McEvoy"... *L*

And followed it up with "Big boy, big boy...! Not quite"... BT is quite the commentating trendsetter!

I think Bruce has said "big boy" more today than BT has all season! :lol:

Good close game so far, though I'm surprised by the inaccuracy.

Bruce - more BT than BT?

Yeah, although apparently the wind is quite blustery and swirling around at ground level, and there were at least a few rushed behinds after messy struggles with half of each team in the goal square.

Bit worried that Roughhead was having work done on his ankle.

Wow bad miss there by Geelong right at the end of the third quarter. This is going to be one hell of a final term. I'm impressed by how Geelong have managed to shut down the Hawks' free-flowing style of play, and have even been faster than them at times.

PS Referring to Tom Hawkins as "Hawk" makes the commentary extra confusing, guys.

I love how Hawkins has ruined all his jumpers now he's wearing someone else's with their name on it. :laugh:

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. We'll probably lose to Richmond next week too, given their record against us.

Season's over! What a useless team!! Bottom three!! :sigh: :angry: :panic: :sad:

:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom