Boston 3 Setlist thread-Let the games begin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edgette said:
I know they played My Sweet Lord when George died. I don't know about Here Comes The Sun.
See. This is another reason I'm a dork. Yes it was My Sweet Lord. :banghead: :banghead:

Setlist:

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co. // Bullet w/ Butterfly Wings // I can see for Miles
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart -- boy and girl on stage
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day/ Here Comes the Sun snippet
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Just listening to the 2nd Boston show version of Bad...it doesn't really get any better than this song for me...amazing :heart:

UKTan said:
Just listening to the 2nd Boston show version of Bad...it doesn't really get any better than this song for me...amazing :heart:

The bad-40 combo is the coolest ending to the show
I was such a dork that I had tears in my eyes when they did this in Chicago

I love NYD too. It was the first U2 song I ever heard. I think I was 17 - I remember the party I was at, who was there, etc. Everytime I hear it, it takes me back.

UKTan said:

Amen. When they play it, I get a feeling like no other. There's just something about it, I could never begin to explain it. I think the fact that it only got played sporadically on this tour made hearing it even more special than normal, if that makes sense.

VertigoGal said:

hehe, thats what i was thinking/hoping even tho ive never heard this rumor. it would explain how happy he apparently is at all the shows. that would be sweet if his gf was pregnant! adam w/ a baby:love:
who knows if it's true, but it would be awesome--and he has seemed so happy this tour.

No spoken words said:

Amen. When they play it, I get a feeling like no other. There's just something about it, I could never begin to explain it. I think the fact that it only got played sporadically on this tour made hearing it even more special than normal, if that makes sense.

It makes complete sense. I couldn't have explained it better :)

nurse chrissi said:

The bad-40 combo is the coolest ending to the show
I was such a dork that I had tears in my eyes when they did this in Chicago

Hey, I have the same reaction. I mean, I'm a dork, too, but not because of that. I will not mention anyone's name...but at NJ II, a certain young interference lady standing to my left was crying during this song. Me? I was not crying, just had....um....dust in my eye. :)

:heart: :happy: NYD :happy: :heart: is the FIRST song I ever heard them {well, Adam & Edge} do LIVE IN PERSON!!!! they were rehearsing at Pier ? 86 {nyc...right near The Intrepid} and i caugh them while i was going on circle line. i was made to sell my tix for an "obligation' that arose after I got the tix IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Last edited:
Setlist:

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co. // Bullet w/ Butterfly Wings // I can see for Miles
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart -- boy and girl on stage
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day/ Here Comes the Sun snippet
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Abraham

NYD's just very....large....to me...very grand...I've never heard it LIVE and not seen the crowd really get into it. It needs no lights or bells & whistles, it's just a fantastic concert tune.

No spoken words said:

Hey, I have the same reaction. I mean, I'm a dork, too, but not because of that. I will not mention anyone's name...but at NJ II, a certain young interference lady standing to my left was crying during this song. Me? I was not crying, just had....um....dust in my eye. :)

the song does that to people :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom