Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For this spring, I'd decided just to travel to one, the one closest to my home town, and I could combine it with my yearly visit home, so I had Seattle and Minneapolis.

I figured I'd traveled to 4 shows in the fall, I didn't have the funds to do it so quickly again.

Next year might be different ... although theoretically, I'm saving for an Ireland vacation, so ...... uh. We'll see. :shifty:

I'm going through the same thing with Priceline. I think I've learned a lesson in all of this: it's worth it to pay a bit extra and book directly with the hotel.

Yes, definitely.

Priceline/Hotwire/etc. are drastically cheaper for a reason- its explicitly stated from the get-go that the reservations are non-refundable. Sorry to those that are losing money, but you (presumably) knew the risk going in.

Edge is the best!!Thank you EDGE!! We love you!! Thanks for posting that....:heart:

So I think Bono should post some video comments too in the coming weeks so we can how he is doing!!! Edge, get on that will you? Ha!
In regards to Twitter...
I am afraid if Bono starts tweeting us....his messages will be so cryptic we won't understand any of them. :lol:

Yeah, I only use priceline or prepay for a hotel if it's very very close to the date and it's just a vacation that doesn't depend on another event. There's enough risk built into the airline tickets for me to take anymore risk on the hotels.

For this spring, I'd decided just to travel to one, the one closest to my home town, and I could combine it with my yearly visit home, so I had Seattle and Minneapolis.

I figured I'd traveled to 4 shows in the fall, I didn't have the funds to do it so quickly again.

Next year might be different ... although theoretically, I'm saving for an Ireland vacation, so ...... uh. We'll see. :shifty:

I'm thinking of doing one or two more I couldn't do this year, but it also depends on the schedule.

i'm going through the same thing with priceline. I think i've learned a lesson in all of this: It's worth it to pay a bit extra and book directly with the hotel.

Priceline can just 'suck it'.

Seems pretty unfair that one can plan in good faith and pays in good faith but should a situation arrive when one doesn't need the goods and services AND informs the vendor days (if not weeks in advance) and the response from the vendor (Priceline in this case) says: "Oh well".

The travel industry is one of the few that can get away with that. Seems like a 100% Customer NO Service industry to me.

* end rant*

Did I mention that Priceline can 'suck it'? Just checking.

Okay, once again, Priceline DOES NOT OFFER REFUNDS. This isn't lack of customer service- its stated all over their freaking website.

I have empathy for anyone who lost their money, but not for anyone who seems to be shocked/angry at the temerity of Priceline for carrying out their business model. Get a grip.

Seems pretty unfair that one can plan in good faith and pays in good faith but should a situation arrive when one doesn't need the goods and services AND informs the vendor days (if not weeks in advance) and the response from the vendor (Priceline in this case) says: "Oh well".

The travel industry is one of the few that can get away with that. Seems like a 100% Customer NO Service industry to me.

* end rant*

Check this out... it should make you laugh!! :D

YouTube - Little Britain - Computer says No! 5 Travel Agents

* end rant*

I don't think you understand the business model of priceline.

Priceline can offer you much cheaper flights, but part of the reason they can is that they find a flight that fits the price you give them. If they offered refunds the business model wouldn't work. If they offered refunds you could just put in a bid and if you didn't like what you got you could pull out of the deal.

Well it's sad of course to see this leg canceled, but I can kinda understand. I went to the Las Vegas show last October six weeks after having the same surgery done. It was very difficult. I had to wear a back brace for about 12 weeks after my surgery, so I was stuck wearing it during the show. My friends and I decided to stay towards the back of GA, and about half way through I walked to the very back of the floor to sit down. I think I was back there for about 30 minutes just resting my back. It takes time to completely heal from the surgery, especially when your as animated on stage as Bono is. He'll get better as time goes, but I doubt he'll be super animated as the next leg kicks off. Definitely best of luck to him in a speedy recovery!

I don't think you understand the business model of priceline.

Priceline can offer you much cheaper flights, but part of the reason they can is that they find a flight that fits the price you give them. If they offered refunds the business model wouldn't work. If they offered refunds you could just put in a bid and if you didn't like what you got you could pull out of the deal.

exactly. if you want the refundable fares, go right to the airlines. then you can complain about how the airlines are gouging you and wonder why priceline are able to offer lower priced flights.

I understand bono had major surgery but am still disapointed. Least i can cancel the hotel in MI, that's good. I probably won't be able to goto a rescheduled show. I got accepted to grad school and probaly won't be around next summer.

I haven't contacted American or JetBlue yet. But from what I've heard, they offer you a credit and charge you a penalty fee. Since both flights were one-way, it may cost me more to transfer my flight than the original.

/pityparty

So weird, I don't think I've ever been charged a penalty fee unless it was within days of flight, but those were always work related so they didn't effect by bank account.

Quite sad about not getting to see them this year, but I'm already looking forward to next year's possibilities (of seeing more shows?!).

I wish B all the best. The details they posted today sounded scary. :/

So what other shows would you try to go to next year? I'm going to Anaheim and Minneapolis, with no real/other reason to go anywhere else, but I'm pretty tempted by the idea of carpooling around after them, if it's doable...

Sorry about people's lost money. :( I've only used Priceline fairly last-minute, when everything was set, but yeah. I got lucky this time, I hadn't bought plane tickets to Anaheim yet since I only got concert tickets the day before Bono's surgery.

Distraction is good for pain

He probably will.

But to suggest that he should be thinking about new material rather than his health right now is silly, sorry.

I live in pain, and the only thing that really helps is to be distracted by some project. It's a lot safer than drugs and makes you feel somewhat useful.
Writing can be very therapeutic.

I do agree that he should pay attention to healing, but this can be a big part of it.

Good luck. I hadn't even thought of that factor - another 12-ish months and most cards will probably be expired.

Just be sure not to throw the old card out and bring it with you. When I had Red Zone all I had to do was show it, they didn't run it.

I hope this helps.

GET WELL BONO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom