Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be cool if Bono started to Twitter about his recovery... since he'll be going stir crazy I bet.

No it was serious. Having the bone break into fragments and enter the spinal canal causing paralyisis is an emergency surgery . To have it trapping his sciatic nerve, even more so.

It was as I said. L4- L5- S1 . You could see it on the Video's and at shows.

Blowing a disk( probably 2 of them as that how it normaly goes) and having bone inside is pretty bad. It would have happened at some point on the tour.

Bad for everyone that he is out of the NA Tour, but good news is as I said before, 6-8 weeks, he will feel much, much better .

It was the right thing to do. It could have happened at any point in his day.

Bet the resechuled shows will be night and day better than what he was having.

Besides the bad news, it is good news for him to get this fixed . The pain is most often unbearable.

He will be better than he has felt in years. That's a good thing

Great call and insightful info. Glad to hear Bono's on the mend.

i'm bitching cause i have never seen them live before. Im sure everyone on here as seen them several times.

I'm losing $250 on airfare, which is small change compared to the thousands of dollars a few people from the boards are losing. Seeing U2 in Toronto and Chicago with some of my best friends, some of whom I've been waiting to meet for over 5 years, has been the main thing to get me through the fall, winter, and spring. I won't lie, it's devestating to me. Even though I knew this was the likely result after hearing the news on Friday, it hurts. It sucks. But I think temporary paralysis and bone fragments in the spinal canal sucks even more. Just sayin'.

Well, if grace makes beauty out of ugly things, here's hoping that Bono uses the down time to focus on writing lyrics, making music, and the band can gather in Dublin and finish up the next album. They could release it before Xmas 2010, and then tour it next year :drool:

I'm losing $250 on airfare, which is small change compared to the thousands of dollars a few people from the boards are losing.

Having traveled a fair amount, I don't see how people are losing thousands on airfare - they should probably read the fine print about using the fare for future credit (minus rebooking fees). Hotels might be a different story, but frequently only the first night is nonrefundable.

No it was serious. Having the bone break into fragments and enter the spinal canal causing paralyisis is an emergency surgery . To have it trapping his sciatic nerve, even more so.

Blowing a disk( probably 2 of them as that how it normaly goes) and having bone inside is pretty bad. It would have happened at some point on the tour.

Bad for everyone that he is out of the NA Tour, but good news is as I said before, 6-8 weeks, he will feel much, much better .

Besides the bad news, it is good news for him to get this fixed . The pain is most often unbearable.

I am curious, since you say you can see it on videos, can you direct me to a video where this is obvious? . :reject:

Hotels might be a different story, but frequently only the first night is nonrefundable.

I've seen more and more "Internet Rates" or "Advance Rate", all of which are nonrefundable, for the whole stay that you booked, not just the first night. Yes, you get cheaper rates, but the disadvantage is that this rate is often non-refundable.

That's why I usually don't mind paying $10-$20/night for the refundable rate, because you never know what's going to happen.

As far as airfare, things are trickier if you book multiple airlines for your trips. Maybe that's where people are losing money. I know I would lose $300 for my trip that involves 2 different airlines if I canceled my SLC/ANA trip. I guess some people only wanted to travel to see U2. I tried to make it into mini vacations, so I scheduled some other activities aside from the U2 concert. So I still have some things to look forward to in each city.

I hope B-man takes it slow and easy and if he doesn't feel ready after eight weeks, then I hope he doesn't force it. The man is going to get something he usually doesn't get alot of, rest. And doctored ordered as well. Get well Bono, but in your own time.

There's some buzz that U2.com will have statements from Edge in the next hour. I don't know if it's from the interview he did earlier or something new.

I am so glad that Bono is on the mend now. This surgery was pretty serious. Bones in the spinal canal is cause for great concern...and the fact he was experiencing paralysis...I couldn't even begin to imagine how he was feeling through this ordeal...:|

Well, if grace makes beauty out of ugly things, here's hoping that Bono uses the down time to focus on writing lyrics, making music, and the band can gather in Dublin and finish up the next album. They could release it before Xmas 2010, and then tour it next year :drool:

:applaud:You couldn't have said it better. After this ordeal, I bet this is going to be an AWESOME album. I can't wait to see them in concert next year!!!! It is going to be so emotional and powerful for both the fans and the band!!!

Wow, great interview!! I feel better after seeing this. I love that Edge can joke about Bono also. :lol: Bono doesn't remember offering him his car and artwork. :lmao:

The part about playing new material is very exciting also!!

Brace yourselves....I just got a recorded phone message from ticketmaster Canada, letting me know that the tour had been postponed and that they would let me know a new date! I was totally shocked! They have dropped the ball before, but I must say I was very impressed!:up:

Edge is hilarious! We are lucky that Bono is okay.

Slipknot fans? Not so lucky as their bassist was found dead today. Count our lucky stars.

Slipknot bassist Gray found dead in Iowa hotel - omg! videos on Yahoo!

Glad Bono is okay. Sad for Slipknot fans and band members and families.

(No I'm not kidding or making light of their loss)

Just saying it's great that Bono will be okay. No need to complain about postponements. The shows will be that much more intense. I look forward to it!

So... within five days U2 made decisions about the tour, they are continuing to work on songs, are continuing tour prep (what Larry, Adam and Edge can do in the meantime), they are keeping on eye on Bono and being sure he's following doctors orders, and that both Paul and the Edge have posted messages to keep the fans in the loop. Not to bad.

Most were understanding. We're lucky to have such a great band. They are lucky to have such great fans.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom