Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that their tour insurance will cover the costs of any date-specific merchandise that has been printed and that it will be destroyed.

Michael

Not sure about that. U2.com is still selling t-shirts with the original AUS/NZ dates on them for $8. They've been at it for the past 4 years. :lol: They've got pretty much every design with the dates on them.

Men's black, 100% cotton shirt, featuring Band Photo and Vertigo logo (front) and Australian/NZ original tour dates from Vertigo//2006 (back)- available at a clearance price 8.00

Last edited:
Not sure about that. U2.com is still selling t-shirts with the original AUS/NZ dates on them for $8. They've been at it for the past 4 years. :lol: They've got pretty much every design with the dates on them.

Interesting. I'll watch for new inventory in that case. :)

Michael

My biggest fear as well is that Bono will rush through PT and not take all the necessary steps to get back 100%. Id much rather have Bono take his time for a full recovery rather than have him compromise his health in any way. When I read that he was experiencing partial paralysis in his left leg, it really saddened me. I hated to think about the pain he was in and how scary it must have been. His well-being is SO MUCH more impt than any tour!!! He has given us so much-- we can surely give him the needed time to heal!

with the extra year in between the 1st US leg and the next leg, that should justify coming back to cities such as Boston and Dallas. Or at the very least, addition 2nd shows to the cities.

That doesn't mean there should more dates. Boston and Dallas already got shows last year. 95% of the cities on the bill this time haven't had 1 yet.

I think that whatever the band decides re: resuming the tour, we have to believe they're acting in Bono's best interest.

It's not going to help to have endless armchair physical-therapist discussions going on about "oh, it's too soon for him to come back for the European shows!" I don't think we have any reason to think that they would make anyone perform who couldn't (or shouldn't) physically do so.

Or we shouldn't assume that if they're back on X date, it must be because Bono convinced them he was ready, even though all his doctors, friends, and imaginary bunny rabbits told him he should wait.

We should have faith that they will do what's best for him, and that just might mean starting the tour as currently planned.

That doesn't mean there should more dates. Boston and Dallas already got shows last year. 95% of the cities on the bill this time haven't had 1 yet.

there's a few cities that should get a show such as St Louis and Cleveland and New York deserves a 2nd show

i'm saying that now that it's going to be a year later, they should reconsider the leg from scratch and consider all cities and not necessarily stick to the same order of cities

I'll admit it. For the next few weeks I am actually undergoing preparations for my upcoming annual cancer scan (being forced off thyroid hormone replacement, strictly limited low-iodine diet, etc) and would have been feeling quite sick at the show. It wasn't that I couldn't have gone but rather that I probably shouldn't have gone. I'd actually been debating going at all. Now I can get through this phase of my treatment without worrying about feeling well enough to travel, etc.

Good luck with everything!!!
My mom us going through major health issues. She wouldve missed Anaheim. She should be recovered by 2011 so that was our silver lining too.

I am sure any shirts that have postponed dates on them will be donated to kids in Africa. With all the work U2 have done for Africa it is only logical thing for them to do with the shirts

I'll admit it. For the next few weeks I am actually undergoing preparations for my upcoming annual cancer scan (being forced off thyroid hormone replacement, strictly limited low-iodine diet, etc) and would have been feeling quite sick at the show. It wasn't that I couldn't have gone but rather that I probably shouldn't have gone. I'd actually been debating going at all. Now I can get through this phase of my treatment without worrying about feeling well enough to travel, etc.

:hug: . . . :)

My mom us going through major health issues. She wouldve missed Anaheim. She should be recovered by 2011 so that was our silver lining too.

:hug: glad things are on the improve for your mum :cute:

I am sure any shirts that have postponed dates on them will be donated to kids in Africa. With all the work U2 have done for Africa it is only logical thing for them to do with the shirts

I wonder why they didn't do that with the Aus/NZ shirts they've been selling on u2.com for the past 4 years.

maybe because those show actually took place? im just guessing here.

Uh no. They're selling the shirts with the dates from the postponed shows from 2006 for $8.00.

Men's black, 100% cotton shirt, featuring Band Photo and Vertigo logo (front) and Australian/NZ original tour dates from Vertigo//2006 (back)- available at a clearance price.

Last edited:

:)

similar silver lining. Waiting for my dad's next heart surgery which could be anytime now, his next evaluation is Tuesday. I might be at UCLA with him during the shows.

I'm still sad just because it was something to look forward to.

Hopefully everybody is healthy next year :up:

Oh I am so sorry. :( I totally sympathize with you.:hug:
I have major thyroid problems (hypothyroidism)
It's a battle for balance. Hang in there!:hug:

I didn't realize that there was a video of Paul M with the Dr. in the u2.com article about the postponement. Did they add that after?

i'm saying that now that it's going to be a year later, they should reconsider the leg from scratch and consider all cities and not necessarily stick to the same order of cities

If they do that, then I don't think you'll see a new schedule for a very long time.

Michael

U2 hasn't played my city since 1981 so I don't even bother bitching about them not coming here. The reality is that most people are going to have to travel to see shows. The sooner we all accept that the less constant bitching there has to be about U2 going here and not going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom