Bono's Investment Group Takes Heat for Poor Performance [update facebook stock]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono is also probably to blame for the collapse of the world's economy.

those figures are crazy... $460 million invested (and possibly lost) in Palm?! :coocoo:

what a waste!

think how much medication and vaccines that could have bought, Mr Bono!

Well, it's not like Bono personally invested $460M. It was the group of people in that investment company that put $460M into Palm. And if Palm had taken off as was hoped (and really, before Blackberries and iPods, Palm was THE player, so I think expectations were high), that $460M could have turned into a small fortune that definitely could have benefitted others (with medication and vaccines).

Plus, given how much Bono has already given to those causes, I think we can forgive him for daring to invest. His investments may not be working now, but that's the gamble with investments.

The real issue is why are Elevated Partners investing in other risky adventures? One risk is fine, but multiple is rather crazy. :crazy:

Wow, find me someone with money, or better someone who is heavily invested with partners in a company that trades, speculates, gambles essentially who has not made a losing bet or multiple at one point or another.

The state of the economy the last few years probably had something to do with it as well.

I think Bono will be just fine.

Also, someone who gives so much of his time and money to the causes he believes in most certainly funnels some profits from his investments(not just in Elevation but elsewhere) to vaccinations and medical care in Africa. Combining social responsibility and profit is something Bono is very public about doing.

Anyone who has money invests it to some extent. The fact that some money gets invested has no bearing on how charitable Bono is. If I recall correctly, Warren Buffet and others use profits from investments for charitable purposes now and even plan on handing over the vast majority of profits they are making from investments to charity upon death.

Nothing like a good, sensationalized hit piece.

I think Bono is quite responsible for that girl rejecting my best friend at the club the other night, and for the steam room not working at the gym I go to, and for the pizza place closing early tonight.

There is only about 10 thousand comments on this story on Yahoo....really shows people are jealous of those that make money. Most of them dont even know how to spell either...pretty pathetic comments.

The Yahoo News comment section is not a shining beacon of intelligence and thoughtfulness on the internet.

I have yet to find a beacon of intellegence on the internet.
Except for Interference of course.:wink:

I have yet to find a beacon of intellegence on the internet.
Except for Interference of course.:wink:

Even then, there are tiers so to speak!:lol::lol:

In all seriousness, if you can't spell, I discount everything else you say.

No, I am not talking 1 or 2 errors that are always going to be present when people are typing comments casually on line knowing they are not taking the Bar exam. I am talking something like the following:

"typicle hypocriitt Boner tellin u 2 pai tax ands giv you $ to the countree of Africua when he cannt handal hiz own $$....wankaaa"

Yes, and someone who has no strong feelings on U2 or Bono is going to read what you wrote then turn on the news or open the NY Times and read what Bono writes and make up their mind from there.

Bono is only about 1000000 times more intelligent than most of these people on comment boards.

Bonnie, you're severely underestimating his wealth, he has enough for TWO Micronesian islands. :tsk:

Gold toilet? He's underusing his money. That's a punishable offence. :down:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom