Atlanta - Georgia Dome 06 Oct 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any official policy change from U2 Management posted on this camera issue? U2.com stated at the beginning of the tour that only certain types of cameras would be banned. The Georgia Dome website (as mentioned here) states that no cameras are allowed, and apparently a similar policy was posted for Raleigh. I called the Georgia Dome Administration office this morning and went throught he Event Staff prompt, and she told me that they have been told by U2 Management not to allow cameras. Are these shows being filmed for DVD release or something? Is there a way to contact U2 Management to confirm that the Georgia Dome is correct on this? Thanks.

~U2Alabama

Well, if they don't wand you its easy enough to sneak it in. If they do, you need to get creative and hide it a little better. Like when I go to HOB they are notorious for not allowing cameras. I always duct tape it to my ankle...they never go that far down with the wand. At least not on me...but then I direct their eyes to a more interesting part of my body. :sexywink:

I highly doubt they will wand you though. Just a purse check I'm thinking. That's all they did for the last show they had at the Dome.

Has there been any official policy change from U2 Management posted on this camera issue? U2.com stated at the beginning of the tour that only certain types of cameras would be banned. The Georgia Dome website (as mentioned here) states that no cameras are allowed, and apparently a similar policy was posted for Raleigh. I called the Georgia Dome Administration office this morning and went throught he Event Staff prompt, and she told me that they have been told by U2 Management not to allow cameras. Are these shows being filmed for DVD release or something? Is there a way to contact U2 Management to confirm that the Georgia Dome is correct on this? Thanks.

~U2Alabama

I don't know about contacting U2 Management but definitely bring your camera. I've been to a bunch of shows this year and at almost all of them there was a no camera policy. The first show I went to I listened to the rules and everyone else was taking pictures with no problems- so annoying- the second one there was a woman on a megaphone at the front of the theater telling everyone that THERE WILL NOT BE CAMERA'S ALLOWED INSIDE!! But I brought mine in anyways took lots of pictures right near security and had no problems. Every show since then I've brought in my camera and taken lots of pictures despite the rules and nobody seemed to have a problem with it.
I've never been to the Georgia Dome but you should definitely sneak your camera in and if your worried about taking it out wait until you see someone else do it first. My friend was at the Raleigh show and took tons of pictures even though they said there were no cameras allowed inside. They've allowed cameras at every other show so why should they have a problem with this one?

I am kind of in a quandry about the camera issue. I want to bring mine b/c I can take some good photos.Why all of the sudden change is my question.
I am coming tomorrow at 2pm. What time is everyone getting there? 6am is bloody too early. I am hoping we see the band as well. Rumor has it they do walk around a lot pre-show. Any confirmation on this. Also, I have two G.A's I am trying to get rid of b/c of my friend cancelling on Friday of last week. FRUSTRATING!!:angry:

~U2Alabama

Nothing to say except Roll Tide! ;)

I am kind of in a quandry about the camera issue. I want to bring mine b/c I can take some good photos.Why all of the sudden change is my question.
I am coming tomorrow at 2pm. What time is everyone getting there? 6am is bloody too early. I am hoping we see the band as well. Rumor has it they do walk around a lot pre-show. Any confirmation on this. Also, I have two G.A's I am trying to get rid of b/c of my friend cancelling on Friday of last week. FRUSTRATING!!:angry:

I did 4 am last time and really have no intention of doing it again. It was worth it, but there is a LOT less space to choose from at Philips Arena.

I'm thinking mid-morning or so.

I'm definitely bringing a camera, but just my point-and-shoot. Been dying to bring a bigger one, but oh well. :shrug: I'll be there around noon.

Was planning on getting there a little before noon but now my buddy who I'm going with has the flu and probably needs to rest. So now we'll probably get there around 5pm. :huh:

I've been to both Toronto gigs so far, and there were
plenty of people selling a spare GA in the queue. Do
you think that will be the case here in Atlanta? I
*really* want to go to the show :hyper:

I've been to both Toronto gigs so far, and there were
plenty of people selling a spare GA in the queue. Do
you think that will be the case here in Atlanta? I
*really* want to go to the show :hyper:

There have been spare GAs available at every single show so far, I'd be very, very confident you'll find one at face value tomorrow.

I've got an eight hour coach from Raleigh tonight to Atlanta - yay! Leaves at midnight and gets in at 8am. I've got six episodes of series one of The Wire to get me through it as I usually can't sleep on coaches.

Hello everyone,
I'm new here and very nervous/excited.
4 of us are leaving Tuesday morning from Alabama heading to Atlanta. I can't believe it! We're stoked!!!! It's about a 4hr. drive from our town. I know a lot of fans have the GA tickets. We have seats in section 139. I am hoping our section is pretty good. My 10 year old son(dressed as Bono) is coming, so we thought seats would be better for us. Yay! it's his 1st big concert!...and my 1st time seeing U2.
We love U2! :love:

I am really concerned about the "no camera" policy. I emailed GA Dome Info many months ago about bringing a point & shoot/personal use camera. I can't find the email...But the lady said "no cameras".
Is this strictly for Georgia Dome or do all U2's concerts say no cameras? I've seen many cameras from pictures online of the 360 tour.

Sorry, It's got me obsessing on bringing mine or not. I'll really be kicking myself if I could have brought a camera to U2 and didn't. :sad:
This will be a big event for us(especially my son) and I want to capture the experience with some snapshots.
My BF is coming and I know she'll attempt to take her small P&S camera in, concealing it if she has to. I would hate to bring a pretty decent camera in only to get it confiscated. I haven't made up my mind if I'm gonna try it or not. Would it be too evil to ask how much searching/patting down they do on kids?:hmm: LOL

Also, Where do seat tickets enter at the Dome? Does anyone know?
Thanks! eek! Can't wait!
hyper.gif
I probably won't sleep a wink tonight.

Thanks, babymc

Bring the camera. Worse case you leave it in the trunk. I think the people at the Dome probably haven't been briefed on U2's camera policy.

Bring the camera. Worse case you leave it in the trunk. I think the people at the Dome probably haven't been briefed on U2's camera policy.
Yeah, I had thought of that...
since we have seats, I guess someone could run the cameras back to the vehicle. I tend to be worry wart. LOL
I really hope that's the case with them not informing the Dome personnel.

Most new mobile phones have great cameras and video recorders too, they can't ban cameras.

where is the GA lining up?

* The General Admission line will open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2009. If you have a General Admission ticket, please go to the West Plaza, located off Northside Drive, to get in line. General Admission tickets will enter the Georgia Dome through Lower Gate C only.

* Overnight camping is not allowed on the Georgia Dome or Georgia World Congress Center Authority property.

* You must show a valid General Admission concert ticket to enter the General Admission line located on West Plaza.

* Breaking in line will result in your removal from the line.

* Reserving spaces in the line is prohibited.

* DO NOT lose your wristband. It must be worn on your wrist at all times.

* Personal items that are left in line are not the responsibility of the Dome and will be discarded.

* The Georgia Dome is a smoke-free facility.

* Gifts for the band may not be wrapped and may NOT be brought into the Dome. Please see the gate security supervisor for more details and instructions.

* The General Admission line will open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2009. If you have a General Admission ticket, please go to the West Plaza, located off Northside Drive, to get in line. General Admission tickets will enter the Georgia Dome through Lower Gate C only.

* Overnight camping is not allowed on the Georgia Dome or Georgia World Congress Center Authority property.

* You must show a valid General Admission concert ticket to enter the General Admission line located on West Plaza.

* Breaking in line will result in your removal from the line.

* Reserving spaces in the line is prohibited.

* DO NOT lose your wristband. It must be worn on your wrist at all times.

* Personal items that are left in line are not the responsibility of the Dome and will be discarded.

* The Georgia Dome is a smoke-free facility.

* Gifts for the band may not be wrapped and may NOT be brought into the Dome. Please see the gate security supervisor for more details and instructions.

Thank you.

Ok all, one of my jerk buddies just ditched at the last second. ARGGGH! So, I will be at least one guy in line with an extra GA ticket for face price $55. My name is Abe and I will be a short dude standing with a tall larger dude! Hopefully, I will be near the front of the line!!

Anyone heard weather for tomorrow morning? I am totally stoked about tomorrow!

Woo-hoo! :hyper: I feel like it's Christmas eve only I know I won't be getting any crappy gifts tomorrow like a George Foreman grill or socks! I kinda feel like I need to decorate something.

Only one more sleep til the concert [as my nieces and nephews count days off to big events]. Then it's U2 day . . . all day!

I have a seat and I am both excited and sad that I won't be in the GA queue. I'll be thinking of you! Hope it stays dry.

So my friend just told me that she won't be able to get in until 5. Are you guys going to murder me if I let her cut that late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom