All Remastered - Limited Editions Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 are killing me financially this year. :der:

You think it's bad now ? At least you can download everything to tide you over until you can fork over. Just wait for concert ticket prices. Betcha top pricing in major markets will be in the $250 range.

Let's hope for a Lovetown concert along with the Rattle and Hum remaster. Hopefully the 18th November Sydney one, because that's my favorite Lovetown bootleg.

Wow I'm just hearing the October remaster for the first time... It sounds incredibly fresh! The lyrics and vocals might be a bit weak in places but musically its a great album and this new edition really makes it sparkle!
Great extra tracks as well...

i wonder what extra live tracks we'll get for the R&H remaster?

Well, other than all the B-Sides that were released for the album, I think we'd all cream our shorts if all of the performances from the film that weren't on the album finally made their CD debut (of course, if they don't, I still have my DVD rips of them).

Well, other than all the B-Sides that were released for the album, I think we'd all cream our shorts if all of the performances from the film that weren't on the album finally made their CD debut (of course, if they don't, I still have my DVD rips of them).

maybe they could either put some songs that didn't make the album/movie or do the lovetown thing.

i wonder what extra live tracks we'll get for the R&H remaster?

I`m hoping for a Love Town dvd offcourse:drool:
But on the 2nd disc they could put all b-sides.
But I also hope they put She`s A Mystery To Me ( Sun Studio ) and Van Diemen`s Land ( without the fade out and with complete last verse that you don`t hear on R&H ) on it.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Oh...and I forgot.
They could put that famous Love Town Special on the dvd too.
( the one with the eagle flying and you hear Hawkmoon:drool: )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I purchased "The Joshua Tree" limited edition box set with the DVD and "War". Now that all their early albums have been released(with "Under a Blood Red Sky" right around the corner) what is next for their other releases?

I am curious as to how remastering process is going to affect "the Unforgettable Fire". The original mix was definitely bass-heavy and murky and did not do justice to those great and IMHO underrated songs.

Also, what are they going to do with "Rattle and Hum"? It would be great if they release the cd and the dvd in one box set-that was definitely another awesome album!!!!!

Ah, but what about "Wide Awake in America"? I really hope those songs see the remastered light of day.

If anyone knows when these titles will be released, let me(and the rest of us) know!!! So far on their website there is no news about these albums and I am hoping they get to them very soon!!!

I have a feeling that TUF and R&H will come out in time for Christmas and then they will start fresh next year with the 90s albums. But I really have no idea. It's just what makes sense to me. It seems like U2 always like to have some kind of product out for each Christmas shopping season these days and I don't think the new album would fit the bill since any big U2 fan would buy it for themselves ASAP rather than requesting/expecting it for Christmas.

And a 20th anniversary edition R&H DVD would be nice. It could have a director's commentary and lots of outtakes. But that would probably be separate from this remasters program since it's a Paramount Pictures thing rather than a strictly U2 thing that the band would have full control over.

I can't remember the song but I'd love to hear it on the R&H remaster. There's one Bono and Edge are working on outside somewhere with a tape player, i think they're by the beach. Sounded really really good, completely unlike most of the stuff on Rattle And Hum.

But anyway, really looking forward to Under A Blood Red Sky. I've listened to the unreleased live tracks and always hoped they'd turn up on a DVD at some point. I remember they turned up on YouTube and some other U2 sites and I Fall Down was nowhere to be found in video form. Is that still the case? I mean if the rest of the unreleased video can leak besides that one then what's up?? Hopefully the commentary or something'll clear it up.

Yeah I Fall Down has not ever been seen on video. (At least not as far as anyone knows around here anyway.) It's the only song from the show that hasn't. I'd like to know why too, I figured it must have been a problem during recording the video because it does seem strange that after so long it has never turned up. I still have some hope for a surprise on the DVD, but that track listing made me :(

Don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but I noticed recently that the War booklet has an Unforgettable Fire era photo in it. It's on the page with the lyrics to "Red Light".

Don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but I noticed recently that the War booklet has an Unforgettable Fire era photo in it. It's on the page with the lyrics to "Red Light".
:hmm: i don't believe anyone has yet. i guess the proofreader wasn't familiar with how they looked for each album. :giggle:

maybe we'll get a boy era photo in the uf booket? like the chequered pants one? :lol: good catch though!

Yeah I Fall Down has not ever been seen on video. (At least not as far as anyone knows around here anyway.) It's the only song from the show that hasn't. I'd like to know why too, I figured it must have been a problem during recording the video because it does seem strange that after so long it has never turned up. I still have some hope for a surprise on the DVD, but that track listing made me :(

yeah, an audio only bonus somewhere would be pretty cool. It must be something to do with the video being unwatchable or something if it's never popped up. I'm only assuming since it doesn't seem like an issue of band quality control since the rest of the unreleased stuff has leaked so why wouldn't this have unless it's truly terrible...

Does anybody else find it pretty annoying that the B-sides on the remastered bonus discs aren't in order?? I found it really cool the way they laid them out on Joshua Tree, I didn't like the way the Boy one zipped from 11 O'Clock Tick Tock to demos to The 3 EP which would have been a great starter.

The Unforgettable Fire should be great though, looking forward to hearing Boomerang I, The Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling in pristine quality :wink:
And what about the Unforgettable Fire Collection VHS from all those years ago?? 3 disc DVD box time??

I totally forgot!!!!!! They need to put the live version of "Maggies' Farm" somewhere on one of the next releases!!!

I have heard two different versions, one from a benefit concert I believe called "Live For Life".

Does anybody else find it pretty annoying that the B-sides on the remastered bonus discs aren't in order?? I found it really cool the way they laid them out on Joshua Tree...

While they stuck to the chronology much better with JT, they still placed "Race Against Time" in the wrong spot (should have come before "Silver and Gold" and "Sweetest Thing").

i know what you mean so i edited out my sarcastic 'oh no! :wink:' i know what it's like to buy a single and know the A-side and all the following B-sides inside out, including the running order. especially on CD with no side changes or if you don't have the album and the single's all you've got!

Tonight I listened to the bonus disc of October again. When The Cry/The Electric Co. came on, I noticed something. And after I listened to a bootleg I have of that show (Boston, 6 March 1981) I was sure. They edited out Bono's "I need a crowd" snippet. Indeed, that part is sung to the melody of Send In The Clowns. As my turntable isn't near me at the moment, I can't check the Fire bonus 7" (on which it was also released) to see if it was also edited on that release.
Still, it makes me wonder if the UABRS remaster will contain that snippet.

UK peeps - chance to win tickets to Red Rocks screening in London!

U2.com | Official News

Win Tickets to 'U2 Live:Under A Blood Red Sky'

To celebrate next week's DVD release of 'U2 Live at Red Rocks', a special screening is being held at an exclusive London cinema. If you're in the UK, here's your chance to win a pair of tickets.

The screening will take place on Thursday 25th September, 6:30pm for a 7pm start.

To enter the draw and win a pair of tickets, simply click here*, answer the question, enter your email address and mobile/daytime contact phone number.

The competition will close on Monday 22nd September at 6pm, and the winners will be notified by 6pm Tuesday 23rd September by phone.

U2's first concert video, Live At Red Rocks, will be released for the first time on DVD on 29th September 2008, along with the live album, Under a Blood Red Sky.

Recorded at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado on 5th June 1983, Live at Red Rocks will be available for the first time on DVD, and will include five previously unreleased songs, a director's commentary, digitally re-graded pictures and a 5.1 mix.

*Enter Here:
.: Signup :.

hmmm...i bloody hope they leave it in. they can MORE than afford it now :wink:

I doubt it. It's not a matter of money but of principle. Their first mistake cost them a lot of money when they didn't have much and the copyright holders did them no favour. They're not going to support them now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom