All Remastered - Limited Editions Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
October was one of my favorites to begin with, but the remastered album went beyond my expectations... it's the best remaster so far I think. It sounds amazing.

My set came yesterday. I haven't listened to the CDs yet but I really like the packaging. Each CD reminds me of a children's book, sort of like the Beatrix Potter sets I had when I was little. If the next bunch of reissues look like this and have the same amount of extras (lyrics, notes, stories, etc.), I'd buy them. On the music side, I'm so excited to have "Cartoon World" inlcuded, that's one of my favorite bootleg tracks.

The Edge girl in me was a little swoony over Baby Edge on the cover. :heart:

I received my deluxe package today,and i must admit im impressed! Packaging is great,cool poster and they sound great. Even the remixes of new years day and 2 hearts are great!

This is a really nitpicky question, but to those of you who have a UK or EU (or any non-USA) edition of October... is the lettering on the actual discs silver or white? The early images on eil.com show white lettering, but my USA copy has silver lettering, and it looks a lot cheaper compared to the other sets. I'm just curious.

Just got my Amazon Exclusive box set today! Okay, so the dates on the box itself kinda threw me a bit. "1977-1984" There is space for one more deluxe edition cd case. Is this where UABRS or TUF is supposed to go? Both are within this period. :doh:

Mine arrived from Amazon the other day too. (In a box with bubble wrap, seems they packed it extra carefully, as they should!)
It is soooo pretty :drool:

yes, mine was bubble wrapped and boxed tight and well. Mint!

now i'm starting to believe that if the space in the box was intended for UABRS remastered then it would of been dated "1977-1983." But UABRS is not a studio album and I think this box set is intended for them with their bonus discs of b-sides, rarities, live takes and such. I think the early word is that UABRS remaster is a single cd + dvd package. Something that may not have a commentary and Edge comment. I guess time will tell.

I've started from "Boy" and love it. It's been a while since I've listened to the album versions of those songs and am appreciating this opportunity to rediscover how truly great they are. Now I want to hear all of these songs live again and dance the night away. Is it possible to hear "Out of Control" without wanting to tear it up?

from nick,

any official word on the contents of under a blood red sky yet, that is atracklist for the cd and dvd, plus is there a 2 cd version as well, any info is appreciated

my girlfriend bought me Boy and October and picked up the special box in Zavvi. She surprised me with them during my break at work and I was so surprised I had no idea what to say. She said she felt bad that I'd not bought them and used the money to go away with her family instead. I feel spoiled :cute:haha

But yeah, they do sound fantastic. October is astonishing and hearing stuff like Touch, Boy-Girl and stuff was incredible. I've never owned them on an original 7" or anything and the MP3s I had weren't amazing so I was really looking forward to hearing them and holy shit did the bonus discs deliver!

Only problem I heard was with the Boy album on An Cat Dubh. Just after Bono's first line one of the snare hits sounds so SO SO compressed and I don't have my original CD to hand to compare, was it like that originally?! BESIDES THAT they are amazing! The box is going to look so fucking great with War and Blood Red Sky in it too.

I'm just so 'stoked' as some might say that my girlfriend surprised me with them. THOUGHTS ON HOW TO REPAY HER?!? I'm sure any 'die-hard' fan round here (and that's 90% of you) will know that this is a big deal! ;)

from nick,

any official word on the contents of under a blood red sky yet, that is atracklist for the cd and dvd, plus is there a 2 cd version as well, any info is appreciated

No. No info yet. But watch this space, as I'm sure it'll be posted here once there's more info. :)

my girlfriend bought me Boy and October and picked up the special box in Zavvi. She surprised me with them during my break at work and I was so surprised I had no idea what to say. She said she felt bad that I'd not bought them and used the money to go away with her family instead. I feel spoiled :cute:haha

But yeah, they do sound fantastic. October is astonishing and hearing stuff like Touch, Boy-Girl and stuff was incredible. I've never owned them on an original 7" or anything and the MP3s I had weren't amazing so I was really looking forward to hearing them and holy shit did the bonus discs deliver!

Only problem I heard was with the Boy album on An Cat Dubh. Just after Bono's first line one of the snare hits sounds so SO SO compressed and I don't have my original CD to hand to compare, was it like that originally?! BESIDES THAT they are amazing! The box is going to look so fucking great with War and Blood Red Sky in it too.

I'm just so 'stoked' as some might say that my girlfriend surprised me with them. THOUGHTS ON HOW TO REPAY HER?!? I'm sure any 'die-hard' fan round here (and that's 90% of you) will know that this is a big deal! ;)

Mate,you have the perfect girlfriend!

from nick,

No. No info yet. But watch this space, as I'm sure it'll be posted here once there's more info. :)

:wave:

from u2.com:
LIVE AT RED ROCKS AND UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY
U2’s first concert video, Live At Red Rocks, will be released on DVD next month, along with the accompanying live album, Under a Blood Red Sky.

Recorded at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado on 5th June 1983, Live at Red Rocks will be available for the first time on DVD, and will include 5 previously unreleased songs, a director’s commentary, digitally re-graded pictures and a 5.1 mix.

A deluxe version featuring the Under a Blood Red Sky CD and the Live At Red Rocks DVD will be available, as well as single disc formats of the CD and DVD. An LP version of Under a Blood Red Sky pressed on 180gm virgin vinyl will also be released.

and

LIVE AT RED ROCKS

Out Of Control / Twilight / An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart / Surrender / Two Hearts Beat As One / Seconds / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Cry/The Electric Co.
/ October / New Year’s Day / I Threw A Brick Through A Window / A Day Without Me / Gloria / Party Girl / 11 O’Clock Tick Tock / I Will Follow / “40”

Both DVD and remastered album , will be released on 29th September 2008.

So, with these 5 additional songs, I guess this is the full concert eh??

And wasn't Red Rocks recorded the 6th of June (instead of the 5th?)

:wave:
from u2.com:
and
So, with these 5 additional songs, I guess this is the full concert eh??
And wasn't Red Rocks recorded the 6th of June (instead of the 5th?)

No, the Red Rocks show was June 5th. The DVD has the full concert, except for I Fall Down...

HA!

Music-wow have ajusted the description, release date *and* the price. So I'm very glad I ordered it when it was still around $15.

Still waiting for my Amazon box set though :( Should arrive today, but I'm not holding my breath.

Picked up the October remaster yesterday and it is farking :drool: Spifftacular!

I can't wait for the Live at Red Rocks DVD as I've never seen it. :up:

When did they supposedly record If I Had A Rocket Launcher? Any chance that might show up on the Achtung Baby remaster?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom