All Meteor Awards Discussion - Vote, Will They Be there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My script actually says that u2 should have won that one, especcially the LIVE act. Come on!

Yes they do, but it all depends on how many people voted for them! :shrug:

Ah, I don't think I can stay up for much longer, it's almost mid-night here and way past my bedtime!! Been watching the Olympics while waiting to hear results and unfortunately Finland didn't win any medals in the cross country skiing contest! :sad:

:hug:

Our team isn't very good either, it's always the same at the Olympics.

As for U2: It's sad that the Irish people don't want to vote for them, but it somehow shows that the band generally isn't loved by everyone in their home country.

:hug:

Our team isn't very good either, it's always the same at the Olympics.

As for U2: It's sad that the Irish people don't want to vote for them, but it somehow shows that the band generally isn't loved by everyone in their home country.

Yeah, Finland on has one Silver medal, half-pipe, so far. Hoping that one of our lads will win the ski-jumping tomorrow!! :up:

Yeah, it's a shame that the Irish seem unable to appreciate what U2 has done for Irish popular music and culture, they almost seem to resent them!! :| I may be wrong but that's just the impression that comes across!! :shrug:

^ i dont think they resent them, they just kinda forgot about them this year i think. maybe bcuz nloth didnt have just a good year :hmm:

But the live award should have definitely gone to U2. It must be disappointing for the band to see the lack of appreciation for their music coming from their own people.

But the live award should have definitely gone to U2. It must be disappointing for the band to see the lack of appreciation for their music coming from their own people.
yeah but they're smart guys, they'll probably use those emotions to come out with another big hit album! :)

MTV Ireland just ended their coverage at the awards saying that "thats it and tune in to RTE 2 on Sunday for the International Categories" :angry:!! i messaged them asking what about the Best Irish Band category!? thats not "international"!! :|

does anyone know when they present best Irish band!? is it the last award to be given???

wait now there are conflicting reports!! :huh: mtv ireland reported that the Coronas won best Irish Album, and the Meteor Awards on facebook reported that the Coronas won Best Irish Band. So which one did they win!? they didn't win both, so someone's wrong

i still don't know if U2 won anything, both MTV and the Meteor Awards on facebook have officially stopped reporting, so I guess we'll have to wait till Sunday when someone in Ireland can tell us who really won!

Oh, come on!! The Coronas??? The Script???? Who are them???!! :banghead:
Sorry Jackie :shrug: I know you said The Script was your 2nd favourite, but imo, this is just ridiculous... :tsk:

Oh, come on!! The Coronas??? The Script???? Who are them???!! :banghead:
Sorry Jackie :shrug: I know you said The Script was your 2nd favourite, but imo, this is just ridiculous... :tsk:
well yeah i do think its rediculous, no doubt U2 should've won, but i still like the script, but at the same time im mad/disappointed :sad::angry:

oh ok! that means U2 "could have" won best Irish Band!!! :pray:
EDIT: oh just saw that Snow patrol won that.
CRAP!!!! U2 DIDNT WIN!!! :(

^ Ok, I changed my point of view...
I'm not angry anymore with the Grammys/Meteors/whatever.
The fact that they didn't win any award makes them geniuses ahead of their time, incomprehended by average people :wink:

^ Ok, I changed my point of view...
I'm not angry anymore with the Grammys/Meteors/whatever.
The fact that they didn't win any award makes them geniuses ahead of their time, incomprehended by average people :wink:
:lol:lol great way to put it!!! i feel smart now :wink: :applaud::up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom