** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, they didn't have time to finish that video? That's strange. I don't buy it, it must have something to do with the leaked version.

I definitely think the leaked version is unfinished now. If they don't have a finished version then this one obviously can't be the finished version.

Weird video......

I'm trying my hardest to like the song (purchased on iTunes), I just starting to feel like it's a sub-par single. I'm going to wait to see a live performance of it.

I wish Bono wouldn't do that scream at 1:51, just cheesy (wish it would never return since I first heard it on ABOY).

They're still my favorite band, but I have to admit I'm not genuinely excited by the single.

:dance: . . . bloody awesome . . . leaked version or not its fantabulous . . . :hyper: what a lovely thing to open my bleary australian eyes too after a long long week . . . reminds me of seargeant peppers (yes, I'm sure its been mentioned before now but I'm too excited to thumb through 20 odd pages :) )

:yippie: . . . love that there's so much going on it will need many many viewings to see it all :applaud:

ps Sicy . . . thanks for the vimeo link :kiss:

to hell with the animated video, sounds cheesy as shit. this is the video weve been waiting for for years. this has already happened, you snooze you lose, shouldve leaked it when she had the chance. this one came first, this is the official video as far as the world is concerned, whats done is done. as much as u2 likes to ruin their own work this is in the can, theres nothing they can do about it now, they might as weel embrace it because we certainly have.

From the Irish Independent:

5.24 pm

Delivery of the video for U2's new single, 'Get on Your Boots', has been delayed.

Universal Music have issued the following statement:

"The video is going really well but unfortunately it just wasn’t finished in time for the premiere today. Alex Courtes is an amazing director and we can assure you that it will be well worth the wait."

Oh give me a fucking break Universal Music,U2's promotional team,etc. get your act together...you haven't just dropped the ball...you've cracked the damn thing in two:doh:

This video definitely adds to the quality of the song... very well done if it's a version of the final video.

to hell with the animated video, sounds cheesy as shit. this is the video weve been waiting for for years. this has already happened, you snooze you lose, shouldve leaked it when she had the chance. this one came first, this is the official video as far as the world is concerned, whats done is done. as much as u2 likes to ruin their own work this is in the can, theres nothing they can do about it now, they might as weel embrace it because we certainly have.

Are you sure the other video is "animated"? What I read was that the animation was finished (aka CG/3d graphics) for the other video, but they still had to put in the live shots.

if it has anything to do with those pop art screen shots posted a couple days ago, its shit compared to this whatever graphics or animation is involved. this one is dark, gritty and ballsy. this one wins.

if it has anything to do with those pop art screen shots posted a couple days ago, its shit compared to this whatever graphics or animation is involved. this one is dark, gritty and ballsy. this one wins.

the leaked video also has animation ;)

Are you sure the other video is "animated"? What I read was that the animation was finished (aka CG/3d graphics) for the other video, but they still had to put in the live shots.

She said

The images were mine. But the video is not mine. If you look carefully, the styles are very different.

plus, theres already an animated video out right now by one kanye west that is in heavy rotation at the moment anyway.

Probably delayed to get rid of the "Getty Images" stamps, that's all. I wouldn't doubt if it's officially out in a day or two.

Loved it!!!! It reminded me alot of Incubus' video for Megalomaniac and had alot Across The Universe effects in it but overall great video. Its been awhile sinced they've used effects in a video, not since Elevation. :up:

Probably delayed to get rid of the "Getty Images" stamps, that's all. I wouldn't doubt if it's officially out in a day or two.
i dont know, i just see them taking out all the controversial images like the flashing medals chick and lightening it up for the kids, all of this talk of delay shennanigans makes me uneasy. asit stands, this video is exactly what u2 needs to put out to shed that dad rock image they managed to conjure up over the past decade.

Wow I went to sleep for a few hours and now the official is delayed? So, the leaked version I downloaded before going to sleep was not official?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom