Album 13: [Insert News Here]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Edge seems to be determined to have the songs perfect and finished before considering them done, as it has often been, I was thinking I would not rule out a lead single thrown on the market as a bone, why not even two months before the album; e.g. an album in June/July, single for April. At this stage no one knows; it's not like a definite schedule has been announced, even though I'm also led to think they have the songs. All I know is that all that's been publicly done till now made me optimist and terribly involved with them again, and that's quite a bit for now.

I'm pretty sure Chris Martin stole some songs when he was in the studio with U2 last year and will release them on the new Coldplay album. Few people will notice that it's not U2.

I'm pretty sure Chris Martin stole some songs when he was in the studio with U2 last year and will release them on the new Coldplay album. Few people will notice that it's not U2.

Talentless Scum!!!

The interesting thing about when Coldplay releases their album is that U2 will not release their albums anywhere near that! That's direct competition with a band that's supposedly their successors. A may single would probably mean a July album.

The plot thickens...

Either u2 will come out in April or not until sep-nov.

why are we having this discussion?

U2 aren't going to delay a finished album more than a week or two, if at all because of Coldplay.

no one sells 3 million albums in week one any more. If they are worried that Coldplay's album will steal a couple hundred thousand units from them.. they can wait a week and still get the sales they want.

2009: Songs of Ascent is our new album for release later this year

2011: We have 3 albums, just working out how to release them

2014: After 5 years in the making we now actually only have 6 songs

If this recording goes only any longer they won't have ANY songs!!

Everyone chill please ..... Donkey Punch will be out anytime now.

Well... they have 6 or 7 songs mixed and in the can that they know are album cuts.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they don't also have 30 finished songs that they are mixing and tweaking, after which they decide on the last 3 or 4.

It sounds like, in typical U2 fashion, that they're having trouble pushing the thing over the finish line... but that they have a general direction and idea set, they just need to finish it out.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

When you put it like that, they really are ridiculous, aren't they?
Then they go and do something like OL on Fallon and you realise why you love them all over again.

One of my favourite tracks is Elvis Presley & America. I love the rawness and spontaneity if it. Sometimes they can really mess up something by overthinking and overworking it. (and yes, I know there are opposite circumstances like Streets).

But I just wish they'd trust in their abilities and release what comes naturally, not try to force it or procrastinate.

U2 know exactly what they're doing...I think most artists are wary of their material before it's released...:hmm:

U2 is in a position that, really, only the Stones have been in; 30 years as recording artists, trying to stay relevant in the music world today.

Going with Danger Mouse was a good move...however it is time for them to tie everything up and drop this album (if that's really the case)... :ohmy:

tumblr_n193fm6mTw1rib8q9o1_1280.png

DMs just as tight lipped when it comes to Black Keys...

30 songs eh? And how many new b sides will we get,maybe 1 or 2 if we are lucky.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah, what's been up with the slow trickle of B-sides lately? Seems like there were a lot for ATYCLB and HTDAB.

:yikes:

There are no b sides these days. A single is literally just that; a single downloadable song. Do cd singles still get released? In their absense, where does the b side go? May as well put them onto the album as bonus tracks.

That's if there are extra songs, which in the case of U2 I doubt. 2-3 extra songs would incur another 12 month delay at the rate they work at! It's 30 years since they did proper b sides.

I think the bit about him saying the exact thing about Black Keys (i.e., nothing) makes it seem sillier to try reading things into how he feels/felt about working with U2.

Sounds like he's just flat-out saying "Not my place to talk about it" and people should stop trying to read between the lines.

Actually to me it comes across like that in his Black Keys response rather than in his U2 response.

He's an artist and producer. I guess when talking as an artist with his own material, as is the case in that article, he doesn't want to be drawn into talk about other artists. It's almost a conflict of interest.

He's an artist and producer. I guess when talking as an artist with his own material, as is the case in that article, he doesn't want to be drawn into talk about other artists. It's almost a conflict of interest.

Oh I agree, it was more of an IF one were to read anything into his remarks for either band response to Aleh_Hewson.

There are no b sides these days. A single is literally just that; a single downloadable song. Do cd singles still get released? In their absense, where does the b side go? May as well put them onto the album as bonus tracks.

That's if there are extra songs, which in the case of U2 I doubt. 2-3 extra songs would incur another 12 month delay at the rate they work at! It's 30 years since they did proper b sides.

There are bands that still release digital EPs with a new track together with remixes, live tracks, acoustic versions and unreleased "b-side" tracks.

30 years?

I believe the last actual b-side they had was 'Are You Gonna Wait Forever', from Vertigo, a decade ago. Before that, Always and Summer Rain from Beautiful Day in 2000 and Big Girls Are Best from both Stuck In A Moment and Walk On in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom