Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here (AKA New Album Speculation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, seriously... why do you guys have to be such jack-asses. I'm trying to be serious and you take everything like its a joke.

I don't know why you're taking that post personally - it's a running joke now that all we have is speculation and silliness.

If and when there is actual news, I'm sure there will be at least one new thread started. So to start a new thread just to post your own opinions or speculation isn't helpful.

Not that this thread is helpful, and not that everyone finds the same things funny.

So let's just continue to irritate each other in here, and leave the new, separate threads for when there actually is news.

Danny Boy - Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are right. BVS... dunno know about you, seems like you like to stir things up. Corian... I can see when things turn into jokes and what not and at first I was fine with it but then I started to get a little annoyed with the fact that my thread got moved, then closed as if I don't merit an honest opinion just like everyone else... even the silly threads that don't go anywhere get more play. Yes, I was being serious yet with a sense of humor. As soon as it feels like an attack... then there is no sense of humor there. I just start asking myself, "c'mon, really?, why do some here have to be so damn sarcastic to the point that it gets annoying"

The last few threads have had tongue-in-cheek titles about how we don't know anything and that these threads will drive people crazy.

It was just the timing of your other thread and talk of "speculation" that made you think this was a jab at you.

I ain't Danny boy (surprise, surprise), but I feel completely confident in stating that the tread title or opening post was not directed at you.

Danny Boy - Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are right. BVS... dunno know about you, seems like you like to stir things up. Corian... I can see when things turn into jokes and what not and at first I was fine with it but then I started to get a little annoyed with the fact that my thread got moved, then closed as if I don't merit an honest opinion just like everyone else... even the silly threads that don't go anywhere get more play. Yes, I was being serious yet with a sense of humor. As soon as it feels like an attack... then there is no sense of humor there. I just start asking myself, "c'mon, really?, why do some here have to be so damn sarcastic to the point that it gets annoying"

Of course you're entitled to an opinion, but that's all it is and it didn't warrant a whole thread on it's own. Can you imagine if everyone did that?

You started a thread, stated your opinion as fact and it really just could have been another entry into the already existing thread.

Not starting anything... just pointing out that you're speculating just like everyone else and your opinion didn't warrant any special attention compared to everyone else'

Of course you're entitled to an opinion, but that's all it is and it didn't warrant a whole thread on it's own. Can you imagine if everyone did that?

You started a thread, stated your opinion as fact and it really just could have been another entry into the already existing thread.

Not starting anything... just pointing out that you're speculating just like everyone else and your opinion didn't warrant any special attention compared to everyone else'

Oh c'mon... that is the funniest thing I've ever heard!!! Are you kidding me!?!?!?

You are saying that I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else, right? Aren't all threads pretty much people's opinions and thoughts they are sharing? Everyone here does that... that's how many of these threads here are started to begin with. I never stated my opinion as A fact... never. I was making a comment and people are free to discuss and agree/disagree. The problem that I see sometimes here is that some take the time to ridicule others comments and it gets ugly.

this is our thread and the state of U2.....:up:

0050330201001.png

how can we have a new thread without mentioning the best news we've heard yet?

Bieber, who was greeted by hundreds of screaming fans wherever he went in Dublin ahead of his O2 performance last night, spent a couple of days in Ireland.

Speaking to the RTÉ Guide, when asked if he is interested in working with any Irish musicians, Bieber responded with: "U2, I like U2...I'm a big U2 fan. I love Bono."

Bieber, who has met the 50-year-old U2 frontman, added that it would be his dream to work with him.

biebso.jpg

I think it's the law that when a musician plays in Ireland, they have to answer questions about meeting Bono/U2, and the only correct answers are "I love U2. Bono was awesome to meet. I'd love to work with them someday."

I think it's the law that when a musician plays in Ireland, they have to answer questions about meeting Bono/U2, and the only correct answers are "I love U2. Bono was awesome to meet. I'd love to work with them someday."

except rollins

Rollins and the Gallagher brothers have a pass on that law. They have to present that card to all journalists they meet with in Ireland.

It's laminated and everything!

Oh c'mon... that is the funniest thing I've ever heard!!! Are you kidding me!?!?!?

You are saying that I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else, right? Aren't all threads pretty much people's opinions and thoughts they are sharing? Everyone here does that... that's how many of these threads here are started to begin with. I never stated my opinion as A fact... never. I was making a comment and people are free to discuss and agree/disagree. The problem that I see sometimes here is that some take the time to ridicule others comments and it gets ugly.

Either you're oblivious or you're playing oblivious...

Yes start a new thread, but only if the topic isn't already being discussed, which it was... hence the merge.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom