A Pop Encore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bones58

The Fly
For a little change regarding the 5th leg, do you think U2 will replace the ZOOTV encore with a POP encore ? It would start with the slot machines spinning until the evolution of the shopper is complete then blast into Mofo and then Discotheque before finshing with an acoustic version of Staring at the Sun. Plus he has the hair for it now :wink: I'm sure it would make a welcome change to the setlist.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be pretty cool - especially for New Zealand as we didn't get Popmart even though early Popmart programmes said we would. I'd particularly adore some Mofo/Discotheque/LNOE/Gone goodness. :drool:

They should have been rotating Zoo and Pop encores during the whole tour, now I'm afraid it's a little bit too late. But I still hope for it to happen, especially if we'll get another pro-shot TV broadcast! :drool:

Pop Musik (with obligatory huge POP sign on the screen)
Mofo
Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
If You Wear That Velvet Dress/WOWY

How about that? :drool:

Axver said:
I doubt it will happen, but it would be pretty cool - especially for New Zealand as we didn't get Popmart even though early Popmart programmes said we would. I'd particularly adore some Mofo/Discotheque/LNOE/Gone goodness. :drool:

Bono got a haircut and Edge has worn a cowboy hat

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN LZOL!

LemonMacPhisto said:

Then why didn't U2 play Mofo on the Joshua Tree Tour? :wink:

Axver said:

Then why didn't U2 play Mofo on the Joshua Tree Tour? :wink:

That's because U2 invented music after Achtung Baby.

It's science.

im going to write this one off as being basically impossible at this point.

reading U2 by U2 really taught me exactly how much the band are dissapointed with those songs...

as i remember reading, something like "most expensive demo tape in history".....

LemonMacPhisto said:

They'll bring back the lemon!! :hyper:

LemonMacPhisto said:

That's because U2 invented music after Achtung Baby.

It's science.

But ... but ... Chris Martin invented music!!

the slotmachine thing like what bones58 said. pop muzik over pa while the band walk onto one of the catwalks. adam with hard hat and mask on and his yellow bass out of retirement, bono with boxing gown on and edge with the cowboy hat on over the beenie.
then into MOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :drool:
would be amazing!!! but never happen:sad:

For the Australian/NZ shows, I don't see them bringing back anything from Pop or Zooropa (except First Time). They've already toured that area with those songs for Zoomerang and Pop (i.e. no Lemon, Mofo, Discotheque, Dirty Day, etc.)

I could see them bringing out some Zoo TV songs not done Down-under, along with the ATYCLB songs that have been rehearsed:

Wild Horses (full band)
Desire (full band)
Angel of Harlem (full band)
Ultra Violet

Thus, I think the Zoo Station - Fly - WOWY (perhaps Mysterious Ways) encore is here to stay.

An encore of...

Zoo Station
The Fly
Wild Horses
Fast Cars
Desire
Ultra Violet
Walk On

....would be quite something.

For me, this would be a perfect (more or less realistic) first encore:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mofo
Discotheque
Mysterious Ways

They DID do a pop encore of sorts on this tour already. Obviously they didn't like it much because it disappeared very quickly.

I saw a bunch of shows on the North American leg of the tour but the highlight would have to be the Pop encore of the 4th night in Toronto.

Discothèque and Fast Cars were awesome to hear and the concert was quite memorable.

Back
Top Bottom