2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Has no bearing on anything at all, really.

Our Foxtel is not being installed until April 14 now. They really dicked that one up. Good thing Dad got on the phone; he's more assertive than I and we got $45 off our first monthly bill.

As I suspected.

That sucks! We have it here, but not the sport channels.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a minor degree of misunderstanding, but if he did not believe in the fundamental truth of what he said, he 1. wouldn't have resigned so readily and 2. would have filed papers for defamation the moment The Age ran the story. I mean, what person who is NOT actually racist would just let newspapers print stories like that about you? You'd be on the phone to every lawyer in the book.

So Vlad, is this the first time Adelaide's won some silverware when you've been old enough to appreciate it? :wink:

And does this mean Adelaide's new coach has some silverware before even coaching a single game in the regular season?

Can't remember his name, but that Eagle who kicked 2.6 really cost them at crucial moments for potential comebacks.

They won the then Wizard Cup in 2003, but I only became an AFL supporter in 2004, so you're right. I know it's the NAB Cup but I'm pretty impressed, I hadn't seen so much ferocity in over two years.

Good win by The Racists.

I am shattered - AFL.com.au

Apparently Demetriou didn't even bother to get a story first hand from Rendell. I'm not exactly willing to say he's innocent, but there's something a bit odd about it.

Anyway, good win by the Crows. Congrats, Vlad. Didn't get to go to the game and didn't get to watch the whole thing, but it was well deserved from what I saw. Hope we beat you in the games that matter. ;)

Yeah there's definitely something odd about it.

I used to have a Crows sleeping bag as a kid. Refused to sleep in it. #shitbirthdaygiftsfromrelatives

They won the then Wizard Cup in 2003, but I only became an AFL supporter in 2004, so you're right. I know it's the NAB Cup but I'm pretty impressed, I hadn't seen so much ferocity in over two years.

Heh, while for me, the very first AFL game I ever watched was the 1997 Grand Final.

(I went for St Kilda.)

I suppose it was a good experience since it set you up for following the game more. :lol:

Anyone watch that doco 2 Hours?

tumblr_m12h3lk2nM1qbytzz.jpg

Ball so hard

He didn't really get that close to taking it. Great leap though.

Nice to see McLeod still running around. ;)

The way he's talking tonight - and he's all over the shop - it sounds like he's saying he said "if we don't sort this situation out soon, we'll only be recruiting Aboriginal players with one white parent".

He said it was a forced hand.

Demetriou said he doesn't care how he defended his comments, it's unacceptable and he had to go.

Rendell has now got a vein popping out of his head.

Gotta feel for him now though, he's talking about all the Aboriginal players/people he's met and how he'd be "mortified" if they thought he was racist and he's breaking up. He's not articulating himself well but I'm prepared to give him some benefit of the doubt.

This is so sad. Jim Stynes was an inspiration in every sense of the word and he carried himself in a superhuman fashion over the last few years. May the big Irishman rest in peace.

Fuck.

:( he was a fine ruckman, and one of the very few who translated his celebrity into helping others, and he did it with such sincerity and modesty. 45 was way too young for Stynes. Very sad, but one could sense it coming a few months back when he relinquished the presidency. The footage of him winning the '91 Brownlow sums up the bloke. His modest acceptance of the award and his date for the event: his Dad.

Really odd how it was only 6 months previously that his mate and fellow successful Irish "experiment" at the Demons, Sean Wight, also passed away with cancer way too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom