U2 Fans Helping Other U2 Fans Get Tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s unbelievable isn’t it! How is it legal to omit such a key piece of information???

If you don't want to let someone into your account, do you have a 'Murrican friend or family member you'd feel more comfortable using their bank info and have them pay you back?
Of course, that's if they're comfortable giving you their social security number, haha. I think the tm account is less sensitive, really...

Last edited:
I can't believe they're requiring your social security number and bank info. Just refund the card payment, wtf.

Good luck, Russell.

I guess technically it is not a refund, but a sale transaction so reported to IRS... But yes, it is complete and utter BS.

I guess technically it is not a refund, but a sale transaction so reported to IRS... But yes, it is complete and utter BS.

It never would have occurred to me to report selling a concert ticket to the IRS. At what price point does that even matter? Or is it a sales tax thing??

If you don't want to let someone into your account, do you have a 'Murrican friend or family member you'd feel more comfortable using their bank info and have them pay you back?
Of course, that's if they're comfortable giving you their social security number, haha. I think the tm account is less sensitive, really...

Sadly not

has anyone heard anything about selling GA through TM if you are outside of north america?

i've seen a few people on other sites who have tried, and been told by TM that this cannot be done.

i'm in UK and not sure if i can go. so may have 2 x GA for oct 20 that i might need to sell. from what i have seen so far the only safe route is to give someone else access to your TM account, which i am not keen on doing

From that TM resale page I posted:

"I’m not a U.S. citizen. Do these requirements apply to me?

If you are not a U.S. citizen or resident, you may not be subject to reporting or withholding requirements. However, Ticketmaster is required to verify your non-U.S. status to comply with IRS regulations. To avoid delays with processing your payout, please make sure that all fields are entered accurately. As a reminder, Ticketmaster will never ask you to provide this information directly over the phone or via email. Learn more about the Form 1099-K."

I would try filling out the Seller Details form and going from there. It did have an option to enter a foreign address.

From that TM resale page I posted:

"I’m not a U.S. citizen. Do these requirements apply to me?

If you are not a U.S. citizen or resident, you may not be subject to reporting or withholding requirements. However, Ticketmaster is required to verify your non-U.S. status to comply with IRS regulations. To avoid delays with processing your payout, please make sure that all fields are entered accurately. As a reminder, Ticketmaster will never ask you to provide this information directly over the phone or via email. Learn more about the Form 1099-K."

I would try filling out the Seller Details form and going from there. It did have an option to enter a foreign address.

Thanks for that

View attachment 13831

Should be a button on the bottom left to transfer.

You'd sell it first, be it through here using PayPal, Venmo, whatever... and then transfer the ticket to the person's email.

GAs can't be transferred, only sold through ticketmaster, which is why the button is grayed out on my app

As I have actual seats no GA. I will try to advertise here or elsewhere and transfer as recommended. I hope it works. Sure wish TM was more helpful.

I can't believe they're requiring your social security number and bank info. Just refund the card payment, wtf.

Good luck, Russell.

It never would have occurred to me to report selling a concert ticket to the IRS. At what price point does that even matter? Or is it a sales tax thing??

I received an email this morning that my 1099K IRS Verification was complete.

My sale was below the $600.00 threshold for 2023.

https://ticketmaster-us.zendesk.com...-1099-K-Form-Answers-to-Some-Common-Questions

Yeah, this situation came to light last year with Pearl jam and the face value ticket exchange. Fans were getting 1099s and some were selling tix to multiple shows so supposedly were going to have to claim it on their tax returns. It's absurd because it's a "face vale" ticket exchange, nobody can by definition make a profit, seems just like its more Ticketmaster hijinks and them trying to lower their own tax burden somehow by issuing 1099s.

Hoping for miracle. 1 GA for Dec 8th

I really want to bring my son to the concert. I am going on Dec 8. I could buy a ticket in the upper deck, but I want to experience this with my son and not split up.

I just co-ordinated a sale of one of my 12/9 GAs on ticketmaster, it worked fine and the recipient got the ticket. I had to enter bank card info before listing, and then it said after the sale, in order to get actual money and not just gift it to ticketmaster, I had to enter in tax address/ss# and now they'll hold the funds while they ~check it out~. They've got to be making money on this...

ticket exchange for non-US customers

hi all

have finally heard back from TM.

as a non-US resident they have confirmed i cannot use the "fan to fan ticket exchange". in order to use this TM have confirmed i would need to have a US bank account, and offered no alternative solution.

so there we are. in possession of 2xGA tix i cannot use, and now cannot sell to anyone who would want them. cant even give them away.

had another read of the FAQs that TM put out at the time. absolute no mention of this. how do they get away with it???

hi all

have finally heard back from TM.

as a non-US resident they have confirmed i cannot use the "fan to fan ticket exchange". in order to use this TM have confirmed i would need to have a US bank account, and offered no alternative solution.

so there we are. in possession of 2xGA tix i cannot use, and now cannot sell to anyone who would want them. cant even give them away.

had another read of the FAQs that TM put out at the time. absolute no mention of this. how do they get away with it???
There's a solution.

It could involve giving up your Ticketmaster account.

If you find a fan who you trust and you want to sell to them, you can give them your Ticketmaster credentials.

Unless you have the utmost trust in that person, it would involve giving up your Ticketmaster account. Create a new email, change the email on your account to the new one. Delete any credit card info and as much identify info as they'll let you. And, welp, hand over the account.

thanks, Headache

it's a good idea. and i think its the only option left.

but what an utter shambles. how can a global business, that accepts all the major credit cards, not be able to provide a solution for this? through various platforms ive had conversations with a number of people in the same boat. appalling.

i feel like there has to be a solution - whether it's one they've come up with yet, or something down the road.

there will always be "regular" type people caught up in the anti-scalping rules/laws - people who are legitimately looking for solutions but can't because of rules put in place to prevent scum from price gouging fans. it's an unfortunate side effect.

but they should at the very least have a way to address these issues on a case by case basis as they pop up - especially when the solution presented for people in the States already limits you to a face value transfer. i can't imagine they want these tickets to just go unused.

agreed re the scalping thing. i certainly dont want to make any money, i just dont want to lose any either! for past tours where i've had a spare ive moved them on at face value to fans through u2.com, but theyre not doing anything this time round.

i did go to a vertigo show with a spare in my hand once. i did actually speak to a tout outside the ground, just to see what they said. when he offered me £5 for it i suggested he take his head for a wobble, and kept it as a souvenir.

i sent all the TM correspondence to the guys at u2songs.com, and they thought the same, i.e. that a solution may yet be provided. my worry on that front is that the clock is ticking and, unless someone is local to vegas, before long it will cease to be viable for lots of fans if they try booking up travel/accom at the last minute

for past tours where i've had a spare ive moved them on at face value to fans through u2.com, but theyre not doing anything this time round.

I saw a post from one of the mods there that said as much, and I found it a little surprising. They did the heavy lifting when it came to collecting fan info after the initial major ticketing screwup. Hosting a ticket trade forum seems low hanging fruit, but perhaps they’re aiming to extricate themselves from the ticket situation as much as possible now.

agreed re the scalping thing. i certainly dont want to make any money, i just dont want to lose any either! for past tours where i've had a spare ive moved them on at face value to fans through u2.com, but theyre not doing anything this time round.

i did go to a vertigo show with a spare in my hand once. i did actually speak to a tout outside the ground, just to see what they said. when he offered me £5 for it i suggested he take his head for a wobble, and kept it as a souvenir.

i sent all the TM correspondence to the guys at u2songs.com, and they thought the same, i.e. that a solution may yet be provided. my worry on that front is that the clock is ticking and, unless someone is local to vegas, before long it will cease to be viable for lots of fans if they try booking up travel/accom at the last minute
I can guarantee that there are a number of fans who will be in Vegas looking for GAs, even up to the day of the gig.

dont use FB, so dont see any of what goes on on there

how i long for the days when the local record shop sold actual, physical tickets

I had offered a couple of Sec 303 tix here a couple of months ago but had no takers. I ended up selling them on StubHub but there was a twist and figured I'd relate the process for anyone who might end up doing the same.

I listed the tix for $270 each, a couple dollars above face. They sold within a week I think - the lowest price anybody else was offering at was low $300s.

So I get an email from StubHub telling me to go into my Ticketmaster account and transfer the tickets to Name = "Joe Blow" and email address "123456@domain.com" (I'm using pseudonyms here).

So I go ahead and do that and within a few minutes I get another email from Stubhub thanking me for completing the "delivery" and saying I don't need to do anything else, I'll get paid about a week after the show date. Wait a sec, how do they know I did the transfer?

I do a Whois lookup on "domain.com" and find it's owned by StubHub.

So it appears Stubhub bought my tickets. They still haven't been accepted by "Joe Blow" in Ticketmaster.

I don't really need to care about what their angle is here; I assume they have some algo that snaps up low-priced tix they expect they'll be able to turnaround and sell for more later.

I'll feel better about getting paid once I see them get accepted in Ticketmaster.

Back
Top Bottom