Rome Setlist Party 08-10-10 Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to everyone for the setlists, pix, gifs and laughter.

To u2tour, thanks for the feeds on this tour. I hope I can return the kindness!

And to U2, for this soul rocking, dance-for-joy Moveable Feast...thank you :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Stay well, gentlemen.

Matt :heart:

u2gigs u2gigs
Bye Claw. Bye U2. Bye everyone I've seen on the road. See you soon. #u2 #u2360 #u2360rome U2gigs.com photos ? Twitter
from della Vittoria, Rome
37 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Twitter%2F2010-10-08_23-59-42.jpg

See you all for the NZ and Austrailian parties. It will be in the morning here. :wave:

unfortunately i won't be here for the first two

if my math is correct (assuming a 9pm auckland start time)

auckland - 9pm thursday 11/25
arizona - 1am thursday 11/25
east coast time - 3am thursday 11/25

i don't think this is right. i'll have to redo it

unfortunately i won't be here for the first two

if my math is correct (assuming a 9pm auckland start time)

auckland - 9pm thursday 11/25
arizona - 1am thursday 11/25
east coast time - 3am thursday 11/25

i don't think this is right. i'll have to redo it

I just looked it up and it is 17 hours ahead of Eastern time. I guess I'm out for NZ too.

daylight savings time will happen before the tour resumes. so you will have to adjust your clocks.

spring back. fall forward. something like that.

we don't do that stuff here

I never understood how that worked - how does one state and part of another just say to the government "you know, we're not going to do that. Fuck off with your clock bullshit."

:lol:

Two states, I guess - I don't think Hawaii does daylight savings time either.

i know this has absolutely nothing to do with today's concert, but:

Prior to its passing, numerous citizen groups in Arizona sent in petitions for the state to be exempted from this and Arizona Governor Jack Williams also supported exemption. Arizona farmers were especially against it because they were often up early in the mornings when temps are cooler (A note regarding the poster above - after cooling off during the night, it is morning when you get both cool temps and daylight NOT evening).

An editorial in the Arizona Repubic newspaper at the time summed up the reasoning of many Arizona citizens :
"...we must wait until about 9 p.m. to start any night-time activity such as drive-in movies, moonlight rides, convincing little children it’s bedtime, etc. And it’s still hot as blazes!"

On the basis of the petitions and the pressure from Arizona politicians, the Nixon adminstration (through Transportation Secretary Claude Brinegar) granted that Arizona (as well as Hawaii and several other territories) be exempted from the law and it has been that way ever since.

and congrats on the nuptials.

I wasn't even here for most of the party. Did I get married? No one clued me in. Was there a girlfight after all?

Either I had the mother of all blackouts today and totally missed this, or there's an imposter out there. :grumpy:

Seriously though, that's awesome. :lol:

I wasn't even here for most of the party. Did I get married? No one clued me in. Was there a girlfight after all?

I got engaged, but it didn't last.

Quick summary of the setlist party, so you can catch up:

O hai, U2! Flashmob <3's One! They played Bad! My ex-fiance sang really loud and hilariously! They followed Bad with part of AIWIY! People were happy! The feed died many times and gave us all heart attacks! The crowd recited the Tutu speech! Bono ripped his pants! Edge was awesome! Adam was shirtless! Everyone went home.

Ok, you are caught up now.

Just popped in: how was Bono's general voice/back issues tonight??

I got engaged, but it didn't last.

Quick summary of the setlist party, so you can catch up:

O hai, U2! Flashmob <3's One! They played Bad! My ex-fiance sang really loud and hilariously! They followed Bad with part of AIWIY! People were happy! The feed died many times and gave us all heart attacks! The crowd recited the Tutu speech! Bono ripped his pants! Edge was awesome! Adam was shirtless! Everyone went home.

Ok, you are caught up now.

Adam was shirtless again?! :applaud:
*impatiently waits for photos*

Back
Top Bottom