Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #441
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Not necessarily. If they're asymptomatic they aren't going to get tested.
That's not really the case in a lot of the Asian countries that have done well. They did contact tracing and testing of many, many asymptomatic cases.

Old 04-17-2020, 12:01 PM   #442
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Or a highly effective treatment that cuts deep into the mortality rate.
preferably both

Old 04-17-2020, 12:59 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Welp. Approaching the final days of my quarantine and no symptoms for either me or my son. His mom is recovered too after having a couple hospital scares, so my anxiety is getting better and better. The most amusing part is that last Saturday I pulled a muscle in my chest/shoulder area from working out, and forgot about it. 2 days later it started to hurt more and I immediately thought I had it. I don't suffer from anxiety but it's been a real trying couple of weeks wondering if every cough or sniffle was the start of something.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:01 PM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Welp. Approaching the final days of my quarantine and no symptoms for either me or my son. His mom is recovered too after having a couple hospital scares, so my anxiety is getting better and better. The most amusing part is that last Saturday I pulled a muscle in my chest/shoulder area from working out, and forgot about it. 2 days later it started to hurt more and I immediately thought I had it. I don't suffer from anxiety but it's been a real trying couple of weeks wondering if every cough or sniffle was the start of something.

Oh I suffer from anxiety, and every challenging breath while sleeping one night was definitely Covid in my mind.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:07 PM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Oh I suffer from anxiety, and every challenging breath while sleeping one night was definitely Covid in my mind.
I don't think I truly understood anxiety until now. I've dealt with some real shit the last 5 years and normally handled it as cool as possible, but this thing really got me, and I had that same tightening of the lungs and realized that I was anxious beyond belief.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Welp. Approaching the final days of my quarantine and no symptoms for either me or my son. His mom is recovered too after having a couple hospital scares, so my anxiety is getting better and better.
great to hear hope your shoulder heals up soon too.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:12 PM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I don't think I truly understood anxiety until now. I've dealt with some real shit the last 5 years and normally handled it as cool as possible, but this thing really got me, and I had that same tightening of the lungs and realized that I was anxious beyond belief.

I only really experienced the full physical aspect of anxiety maybe once prior to england, but I certainly will never forget laying in that bed afraid that if I fall asleep I’ll stop breathing... and as you actually fall asleep you get neurological reaction where your body takes that thought literally right as you fall asleep and wham, jolt to the heart. I went from transitioning into sleep to standing on my two feet with my heart racing at over 180 bmp in an instant. You think you’re having a heart attack. Beefed up anxiety like that is noooo joke.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #448
ONE
love, blood, life

Have any of you heard this idea of issuing permits/IDs for people deemed to have immunity, and then allowing that subgroup back into public? Interesting idea health-wise, but it also seems like that would be discrimination based on health status, which is a protected class if I'm not mistaken.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:20 PM   #449
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Great to hear you and Leo are doing well.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #450
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Have any of you heard this idea of issuing permits/IDs for people deemed to have immunity, and then allowing that subgroup back into public? Interesting idea health-wise, but it also seems like that would be discrimination based on health status, which is a protected class if I'm not mistaken.

The same can be said for sheltering elder people in place though, no?
Old 04-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #451
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White
No one caused this virus on purpose. It's a terrible, natural event.
This quote from the last Pandemic thread...may not have been a "natural" event...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/polit...lab/index.html
Old 04-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Not so dissimilar from what the Chinese are doing in Wuhan. They forced everyone to download an app which assigns to them a risk colour (red, orange, yellow, green I think). And different colours have different privileges. The terrifying thing there is that if you go shopping one day and the next day a person is diagnosed with COVID-19 who happened to be in the same shop as you the previous day, your own status is immediately downgraded from green to yellow, for example. This has resulted in people electing to largely stay at home because everyone is paranoid about losing their status.

mikal - great news! Hope you're totally out of it in a couple of days. I absolutely understand the anxiety bit - I get migraines which are controlled with meds, but every so often one breaks through. I had a really bad one a couple of weeks ago and I was convinced it was the virus causing the headache and nausea even though there was a much more obvious explanation.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #453
War Child

Quote:
Bad pectoral strains are brutal for that. About a decade ago my father was hospitalized for a bad one because it was presenting as a minor heart attack. Glad to hear things are looking up for you.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #454
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
That shit happened to me last March in the before times.

I thought I was having a heart attack, but being the dipshit I am didn't do anything about it or say anything to anyone. After a week I knew it couldn't be that. Which is good, cause, ya know, I'd probably be dead if it was and I just ignored it.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:26 PM   #455
War Child

Quote:
On Thursday, Donald Trump reportedly told governors that states with “beautifully low” numbers of coronavirus cases should “open and get back to work.”

Also on Thursday, the White House released its “blueprint” for how it thinks states can start ditching shelter-in-place orders as early as May 1. (Axios reports that Republican-led states like Alabama and Mississippi could quickly move to reopen their states.)

Also on Thursday, Dr. Phil went on Fox News to say, among other things, that “360,000 [people die] a year from swimming pools, but we don’t shut the country down for that, but yet we’re doing it for this.” (360,000 people a year do not, in fact, die “from swimming pools”; in other news, Dr. Phil has no medical credentials. ) Dr. Phil magnanimously allowed that people are dying from coronavirus, saying, “I get that.” Thanks.

Also on Thursday, Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman groused that her city is shut down, saying in an interview, “We don’t want to lose anybody, but it’s part of life. And so I want people back to work.”

Also on Thursday, 4,591 people in America died from the coronavirus, an increase of more than 2,000 from the day before.

You would think that that last fact would have some impact on all of the people I just mentioned. But instead, it seems that the ever-increasing number of COVID-19 deaths in this country brings with it a parallel escalation in the calls for the death taps to be turned on even more forcefully.

It’s the Goodman quote that sticks out to me the most. “We don’t want to lose anybody, but it’s part of life. And so I want people back to work.”

There it is, beautifully summed up. Work over life. Work over everything. People dying at astronomical rates when they could have been saved is just how the world is. Unnecessary mass death is regrettable but ultimately unimportant. People not working, though?! Heresy, hell, evil.

So what is going on here? It is certainly true that the re-opening crowd is eager to throw millions of workers into the slaughterhouse because they prioritize the sating of the hungry capitalist beast over anything else. But there is more to it than that.

We are living in a period when governments everywhere are actually having to take some level of responsibility for their citizens. We have tumbled into a time where a staggering amount of solidarity is required of everyone—where we all must put the greater good over our own happiness or comfort. Our political leaders, all of a sudden, must account for what they are doing to protect people. All of this is happening in very imperfect, incomplete, corrupt, dispiriting ways—and, in America, with virtually no intellectual or policy support from our ostensibly left-leaning political party—but it is happening in some form nonetheless.

These are dangerous concepts to have lying around. Governments caring for people? Health over work? Everyone looking out for each other? Heaven forbid. The death cultists want to extinguish whatever spark our current moment might ignite in the world. They want to go back to the way things were—to our beloved system of grinding inequality, government apathy, and merciless individualism—as quickly as possible. Otherwise, people might really start getting ideas.
https://discourse.blog/2020/04/17/th...and-terrified/
Old 04-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:49 AM
https://twitter.com/alyssa_milano/st...660136966?s=21

The chants of delusion
Old 04-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #457
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Glad to hear you guys are doing better . Hope your shoulder heals up, too.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #458
Blue Crack Addict

Seems like inciting violence to me...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE MINNESOTA!
11:21 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE MICHIGAN!
11:22 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!
11:25 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Old 04-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #459
Blue Crack Addict

Jacksonville Beach in FL after reopening 5 PM today

Click image for larger version

Name:	EV1fDCPXQAMDKpI.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	12461
Old 04-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #460
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Glad to hear things are mostly progressing well.

Any time I have a related symptom these days I assume I'm dying of COVID-19. Yesterday I was feeling hot and tired and figured it was lights out. Turns out it was just hot in my apartment and I haven't been sleeping enough.