You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a sad person. A sad person because I see the band that I loved so much become a despicable disgusting spectacle. U2 have become such hypocrites. Always preaching about rich nations supposedly not helping poor ones and that we should forgive the debt. Well, I don;t see U2 donating any of their millions to anyone. I see them hiding their money in swiss accounts to avoid being taxed in Ireland? What a joke. I see them talking themselves up like they are the best group in the world. When they were the best group in the world they would never had been so arrogant to say those things because they knew it. I feel they now lie to their fans. telling us the new stuff is their best work and then we pay a lot of money and get this garbage? What the h#ll is selling an album for $95! Do they think we are stupid and don;t see them trying to milk their fans for every penny they can. This is supposed to be the great U2 who are so concerned about helping people. Now they just rip off people. I long for the days when they were not so famous and powerful for it was then when they were great. Now they are sham and the u2 sheep will continue to be suckered and ripped off by the Bono lies. Go tell Bono, to donate all those millions he makes to a charity rather than buying gulf stream jest, million dollar mansions and apratments around the world. Bono you f%^king HYPOCRITE!

A sad, sad little man. Are you Liam Gallagher by any chance?

Most danceable U2 song ever. Just a sick, sick song. Wow wow wow

Almost as danceable as Discotheque. :applaud:

Safe and contrived? There's a lot of things that can be said about this song, but safe and contrived wouldn't show up on the list.

The fact that it's so divisive and doesn't really have an obvious chorus shows it's not even close to be safe.

And yes contrived would be the obvious term I would use for a song that divides the band's base.

Seriously, I think you just grabbed two words that you see in pitchfork reviews a lot and thought you would look using them to describe a song that you didn't like...

Strangely though Pitchfork seem to like it...

Maybe he's Chris Martin, taking out his secret anger towards his more talented older brother, Bono, on us.

(Kidding, I like Chris)

WEWT! I'm a FACIST!

Listening to this song more closely, Edge's (awesome) vocals reminds me of his vocals on Lemon. Textbook-like and stone cold at first, on top of a much more grand, emotional Bono vocal, but kind of curving into the emotions of the song later. I think Brian might be singing with him here, too.

fascism is the new black...

man im upset i went offline.

this is GOLD

Because I like U2's recent music, based purely on my opinion of the sound, does that make me a fascist and/or a sheep?

I had been feeling a little off-colour lately.

Anyway, if anyone here <baaaa>

:reject:

its happening......

I am a sad person. A sad person because I see the band that I loved so much become a despicable disgusting spectacle. U2 have become such hypocrites. Always preaching about rich nations supposedly not helping poor ones and that we should forgive the debt. Well, I don;t see U2 donating any of their millions to anyone. I see them hiding their money in swiss accounts to avoid being taxed in Ireland? What a joke. I see them talking themselves up like they are the best group in the world. When they were the best group in the world they would never had been so arrogant to say those things because they knew it. I feel they now lie to their fans. telling us the new stuff is their best work and then we pay a lot of money and get this garbage? What the h#ll is selling an album for $95! Do they think we are stupid and don;t see them trying to milk their fans for every penny they can. This is supposed to be the great U2 who are so concerned about helping people. Now they just rip off people. I long for the days when they were not so famous and powerful for it was then when they were great. Now they are sham and the u2 sheep will continue to be suckered and ripped off by the Bono lies. Go tell Bono, to donate all those millions he makes to a charity rather than buying gulf stream jest, million dollar mansions and apratments around the world. Bono you f%^king HYPOCRITE!

lke someone else has said earlier, you have no idea how much bono contributes to the causes he supports, so you should shut up before you look stupid..wait, too late! also, no one is forcing you to buy the album at $100. in fact, i ordered my copy for $10 from amazon. they gave us a little something called a CHOICE. if you don't want that other shit, don't buy it!! i tell you, nothing is more hypocritical than actually registering for a u2 FAN site and telling us how much you hate u2.

great track...I have only heard it four times, but absolutely love it! I wonder how much of a shelf life this track will have....must say I love the lyrics..."let me in the sound" my fave part of the song....high hopes for album

Haha...woooow. I mean, I've been called negative before but jeeze that just takes the cake right there. Dude...it's just a song. And a pretty good one if you take it for what it is...a fun song titled "Get On Your Boots" with lyrics such as "Sexy Boots" and "Foxy Boots"...not really supposed to be taken all that seriously. I don't think they were trying to write the next WTSHNN with this number (actually they already tried and failed at that on COBL...but that's another conversation). This is all coming from someone who passionately hates the Bomb. But I can see progress with this track. I see them for the first time in a while thinking outside the box, trying new things. It's the little things, nuances and subtlties scattered thru out the song. Immerse yourself in the layers and u might end up liking it. And if you don't, at least Depeche Mode is releasing another album soon. (i like DM incase anyone thinks that was an insult)

Part IV waaaay better than III

Who said sequences are bad???

^ haha thanks sicy...

the 2nd percussion track is great, lots of nice bongo-y sounds going on.

Also the keys in the pre-chorus.

Also, IT GOES OFF BATSHIT!!! WOOT

The only thing I don't care for about the song are the verses. Where's the melody? Plus, I'm not a fan of the speak-sing style.

But the rest of it makes up for the un-sing-alongable verses.

What does everyone LIKE about the song? How about that.

Its a trip. I can see it blaring up in a nightclub with everyone dancing away. Its got that dance feel to it, but also that hard edge. It reminds me of night, which is where the day/night theme of the album comes in

Haha...woooow. I mean, I've been called negative before but jeeze that just takes the cake right there. Dude...it's just a song. And a pretty good one if you take it for what it is...a fun song titled "Get On Your Boots" with lyrics such as "Sexy Boots" and "Foxy Boots"...not really supposed to be taken all that seriously. I don't think they were trying to write the next WTSHNN with this number (actually they already tried and failed at that on COBL...but that's another conversation). This is all coming from someone who passionately hates the Bomb. But I can see progress with this track. I see them for the first time in a while thinking outside the box, trying new things. It's the little things, nuances and subtlties scattered thru out the song. Immerse yourself in the layers and u might end up liking it. And if you don't, at least Depeche Mode is releasing another album soon. (i like DM incase anyone thinks that was an insult)

That’s right – it could have been as bad as Vertigo or All Because of You. The lyrics on Boots are 10 times better. It doesn’t feel patched together. It’s far more interesting and unique. It’s quiet a weird little song, for what it is. As a lead single, there is risk in it too. That’s probably my favourite part. The sign from it is that they might not be settling on safe and conservative this time around. This album, while likely still perhaps a little too shimmery and shiny, I don’t think will be as bland and bad as the Bomb. They’ve clearly stepped forward from that. If they hadn’t, this wouldn’t be the lead single.

This is clearly not God walking into the room, but I don’t see blueprints and a sterile production line here either.

Nearly fell off my chair when I saw that. Give them a day or two.

Surprisingly the past two news three news stories they have had on U2/Bono have been quite favourable really.

That said when the album comes out they will probably just about give it a 6.8 or something no matter how good it is.

The only thing I don't care for about the song are the verses. Where's the melody? Plus, I'm not a fan of the speak-sing style.

But the rest of it makes up for the un-sing-alongable verses.

See, i think the verses are very sing-alongable and contagious.

Get On Your Boots is the shit (I know its weird for me to swear)

Riff is great, Larry is at his best, Bono's back to songwriting form (how were the lyrics bad?), Adams bass in the verse is fantastic, Bono rapping "let me in the sound...", and the whole fact that U2 are back at their creative best!!! :hyper: :up:

I've listened to the song oodles of time today, and the only parts that I can't pull from my memory on demand are the verses.

I'll live. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom