You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What so now people are forcing themselves to like it? even if they do ACTUALLY like it?.

I'm saying that there are some people out there who believe that U2 can do absolutely no wrong and are completely biased towards their musical output.

Notice how I said "some people" in this post and the previous one. I'm not referring to every single one of you who enjoy the song.

but in the grand spectrum, how many of U2's songs are really that unique?

The Fly, Discotheque, Numb, Lemon, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Even Better than the Real Thing and the list goes on!

-as well as With or Without You, Streets, and ISHFWILF being extremely unique for their time when they were released. Now they fit.

And these are just some singles I could think of!

As for Boots- it's okay. It sounds like a somewhat better Vertigo to me. I like the lyrics and the riff a lot more than Vertigo, but element in both songs are so similar.

Vertigo, Boots, and Elevation all come from different albums but all sound like they are worked from the same core sound.

The Fast Cars feeling of the song is because of the middle eastern parts that are woven in the middle of the guitar violence. We wanted Edge to do a hardcore song and here it is. The best parts are not the riff (which is very cool) but the more subtle guitar sounds. I like this song a lot.

The Fly, Discotheque, Numb, Lemon, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Even Better than the Real Thing and the list goes on!

-as well as With or Without You, Streets, and ISHFWILF being extremely unique for their time when they were released. Now they fit.

And these are just some singles I could think of!

As for Boots- it's okay. It sounds like a somewhat better Vertigo to me. I like the lyrics and the riff a lot more than Vertigo, but element in both songs are so similar.

Vertigo, Boots, and Elevation all come from different albums but all sound like they are worked from the same core sound.

but i'm talking the grand spectrum of music. while i do agree that the songs you listed above are innovative, are they really stand on their own as completely different from anything else that has ever been released?

I just listened to it on headphones instead on what i thought were high quality computer speakers. It completely changed my opinion about it, there are so many layers to it and now I really like it. You can make out the lyrics better, the melody, and just overall how everything blends together. There are some similarities to Vertigo I guess or even Pop, but Vertigo didn't have as many sonic qualities to it, and Pop sounds too distorted sometimes. This is different than anything from them this decade, and whatever guitar/guitar setting Edge uses here sounds like the one from when they played Fast Cars during the last tour. Someone earlier said it's a 'teaser' for the album, and i certainly hope it is. The next six weeks or so will be absolute torture.

Yes it definatley needs to be tried on many mediums, Computer speakers did not cut it with me. This song is like an Onion! Pull one layer off and there is another waiting for ya :up:

Can't wait til hubby goes out to watch the footie, my stereo is SO gonna get it CRANKED UP :hyper:

:lol:

Do I have to remind you that YOU quoted ME at first?

Think of me as your doctor. You need help.

You want people to believe that you are only in here stating your opinion. But only someone with a major brain injury would need as many posts as you have to state their opinion. Have you had a major brain injury?

If not, the only thing we can conclude is that you are on here to argue that your opinion is correct and therefore other people need to convert to that opinion. In that case, we need to ask ourselves, "How fucking said is ybab's life that he feels the need to come in here and tell other people that they shouldn't like what he doesn't like?" And that's a sad question to ask. It brings me down. Are you trying to bring me down?

Now, I'm sure you're going to argue, "But, but, but, but (yes, I know about your stutter) BVS and others are arguing about the song." And I would agree with you except there is one major difference. BVS and others are arguing because they really like the song. They are passionate about U2 and want other people to be passionate about it as well. You are arguing (again, unless you've had a major head injury) for people not to like the song. The only time normal people put that much time and effort trying to convince others not to do something is when that thing is a danger to people. Do you believe Get On Your Boots is a danger to people? Will they suddenly buy unneeded footwear? Will they start speaking gibberish? Will they eat too much ice cream?

In short: What the fuck?

If you read this topic, you can think it's almost 50/50 on like, don't like, but if you go in this topic , you can see the song is getting a good rating (not great)

with all due respect, i just don't get this argument. U2 is U2, and no one else would have made this song.

As I said, its just my opinion, but for you or anyone to defend it adds strength to my opinion, if it wasn't U2 singing it most people would ignore it, it wouldn't get anywhere chartwise, and would be totally ineffective in promoting the album, but because its U2, it will definetly go top 10,maybe even No.1, & the LP will go to No. 1. I'm not going out of ,my way to knock U2, for the sake of it, I've been a lifelong fan, & will continue to be so, but after such a long wait, & especially after, an at best patchy last album, I'm just left with such a huge feeling of anti-climax at this particular songs lack of anything special. Think of all the truly great U2 songs, of which there are many, and this doesn't come close to joining them, does it, really?

You want people to believe that you are only in here stating your opinion. But only someone with a major brain injury would need as many posts as you have to state your opinion. Have you had a major brain injury?

If not, the only thing we can conclude is that you are on here to argue that your opinion is correct and therefore other people need to convert to that opinion. In that case, we need to ask ourselves, "How fucking said is ybab's life that he feels the need to come in here and tell other people that they shouldn't like what he doesn't like?" And that's a sad question to ask. It brings me down. Are you trying to bring me down?

Now, I'm sure you're going to argue, "But, but, but, but (yes, I know about your stutter) BVS and others are arguing about the song." And I would agree with you except there is one major difference. BVS and others are arguing because they really like the song. They are passionate about U2 and want other people to be passionate about it as well. You are arguing (again, unless you've had a major head injury) for people not to like the song. The only time normal people put that much time and effort trying to convince others not to do something is when that thing is a danger to people. Do you believe Get On Your Boots is a danger to people? Will they suddenly buy unneeded footwear? Will they start speaking gibberish? Will they eat too much ice cream?

:lol:

It was my least favorite beach clip...just seemed a little out of place with Unknown Caller, Breathe, and Magnificent. I'm pleasantly surprised/relieved after hearing it in good quality. As the first single, I think it will do the job of getting people back into U2, especially those that just became fans with the last two albums. For those that have listened to the beach clips, we kind of know that the best is yet to come..

You want people to believe that you are only in here stating your opinion. But only someone with a major brain injury would need as many posts as you have to state your opinion. Have you had a major brain injury?

Rude, condescending, personal attacks.

You're violating a lot of rules here.

As I said, its just my opinion, but for you or anyone to defend it adds strength to my opinion, if it wasn't U2 singing it most people would ignore it, it wouldn't get anywhere chartwise, and would be totally ineffective in promoting the album, but because its U2, it will definetly go top 10,maybe even No.1, & the LP will go to No. 1. I'm not going out of ,my way to knock U2, for the sake of it, I've been a lifelong fan, & will continue to be so, but after such a long wait, & especially after, an at best patchy last album, I'm just left with such a huge feeling of anti-climax at this particular songs lack of anything special. Think of all the truly great U2 songs, of which there are many, and this doesn't come close to joining them, does it, really?

but i've never liked U2's songs because they would sound great if any band made it. i like their songs because they're made by U2 and because i like U2's sound. your point is completely off base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom