Where's the damned new U2 album? Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect that we will hear something about the album soon! Hopefully in the next week or two ?? Here's to hoping!!

My prediction is that we'll hear something official about the first single in the last week of August and then we'll hear the song 2-3 weeks later.

Lol for a minute I thought that 50 shades of gray was rumored to be the title haha silly me!

Wrong shades...

6713_223273631130759_1137635681_n.jpg

so, now NLOTH sucks? :angry:

One-third sucks no question, one-third is ho-hum nothing to write home about, and one-third is looking-at-greatness-in-the-rearview-mirror-but-your-foot-is-on-the-accelerator-pedal (or whatever that particular Bonoism happens to be). If U2 released a new album every two years, that'd be a pretty decent batting average. But every 4.5 years? That really does fucking suck!

I still like NLOTH...... and yes it's true that they could come up with this quality every 2-3 years instead of 4-5.... However, I think we tend to forget that no band at all came up with a good album after 30 years being together. U2 is an exception and I don't believe they can come up with a 2nd TJT or AB, those 2 albums are up there with the 20 best album of the last 100 years.

Two years between albums seems like a lot to ask for, considering that their tours tend to last for two years.

I've always been curious about the word "expletive". It has always seemed such an odd word.

So, I investigated it on dictionary.com

This is what I learned:

ex·ple·tive /ˈɛksplɪtɪv/
noun
1. an interjectory word or expression, frequently profane; an exclamatory oath.
2. a syllable, word, or phrase serving to fill out.
3. Grammar: a word considered as regularly filling the syntactic position of another, as "it" in "It is his duty to go", or "there" in "There is nothing here."

It seems then, that the capacity of a 'bad'/'profane' word to "fill out" or to "pad" an utterance or message, is the source of the word "expletive" coming to mean a bad/profane word.

I am utterly satisfied with my research, and I have a certain appreciation for the expletive used in this thread title.

U2 to play Quebec City next summer?

Google translation from: MusikUniverse.net - Nouvelles - U2: U2 ou AC/DC sur les Plaines d'Abraham l'ann?e prochaine ?

Cedric Bélanger Journal de Québec wrote a new text on training that could visit us in Quebec. Based on discussions with QuébéComm, who organized the recent shows Madonna and Celine Dion, the company is now attempting to convince one of the following two legends of rock play on the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City in 2014, U2 or AC / DC . However, the main target is QuébéComm U2 for a Quebec exclusivity. Sharon Kim-QuébéComm Dion says she is in contact with them since 2006. Several factors play in the final group decision, the release date of the new album. Fans should be able to get their hands on new material before the end of 2014 and will certainly be a tour to promote it. For now, the date is referred to the summer of 2014, so between July and September. D On the other hand, it is quite possible that AC / DC and U2 visit us in 2014 with two dates.

and no, that's not new album information but it's better than arguing over what's an expletive and what's not, and i also do understand the person's request to have it taken out of the title, too. but whatever, easier to pile on, i guess.

click clack.

Oh, Bono and his hair. I actually think this is the same look he's had for a few weeks- there are more images of this event in the 2013 photos thread where you can see it better. Just more gel.

Addendum to this thread: where the heck is the new tour stylist?

U2 to play Quebec City next summer?

Google translation from: MusikUniverse.net - Nouvelles - U2: U2 ou AC/DC sur les Plaines d'Abraham l'ann�e prochaine ?

Cedric Bélanger Journal de Québec wrote a new text on training that could visit us in Quebec. Based on discussions with QuébéComm, who organized the recent shows Madonna and Celine Dion, the company is now attempting to convince one of the following two legends of rock play on the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City in 2014, U2 or AC / DC . However, the main target is QuébéComm U2 for a Quebec exclusivity. Sharon Kim-QuébéComm Dion says she is in contact with them since 2006. Several factors play in the final group decision, the release date of the new album. Fans should be able to get their hands on new material before the end of 2014 and will certainly be a tour to promote it. For now, the date is referred to the summer of 2014, so between July and September. D On the other hand, it is quite possible that AC / DC and U2 visit us in 2014 with two dates.

Obviously just rumors so far but.... U2 on the Plains of Abraham? That could be a new Red Rocks, visually speaking. Pilgrimage time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom