Songs of Ascent - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just hope we get some real news soon to replace all the hypotheticals in this thread. :D

I believe U2 is currently waging an intense internal battle between the right arm which has an album nearly ready and wants to quickly release it and make up for some disappointment felt with the reception to NLOTH and the left arm which is very hesitant to rush something out that falls flat again.

I'm rooting hard for the right arm.

i just hope we get some real news soon to replace all the hypotheticals in this thread. :D

Well with the little article in today's Rolling Stone we got a bit anyways!

'U2 Begin Horizon Follow Up'

Not sure if it's on line anywhere... I just saw it in my issue and snuck in here at work to post, but it says they headed to a 2 week songwriting session in the south of France.

I can type it out in a bit unless someone has a link.

Not sure how that works into the whole Vancouver recording thing, but hey, I'll take it.

Well with the little article in today's Rolling Stone we got a bit anyways!

'U2 Begin Horizon Follow Up'

Not sure if it's on line anywhere... I just saw it in my issue and snuck in here at work to post, but it says they headed to a 2 week songwriting session in the south of France.

I can type it out in a bit unless someone has a link.

really? interesting! yeah, if you're able to type it out, that would rock!

that would definitely conflict with the Vancouver rumors, but to be honest, i don't care where they record, as long as they DO record! :D

U2 Begin Horizon Follow Up

On 6 month break from 360Tour, Bono and the Edge start work on next album

On the horizon U2 have a 6 month break before the next leg of the 360 tour kicks off - but it looks like they'll spend it hard at work. After a free gig at the site of the Berlin Wall, Bono and The Edge headed to the South of France for a 2 week songwriting session. "We've been playing really well on tour and getting better and better, and we need to distill whatever we have into some songs," says Bono. The band is still debating whether the next record will consist of songs from the NLOTH sessions - the unfinished album known as Songs of Ascent - or an entirely new set of tunes. Says Bono, "I would like to put out an album quickly, but we're only going to do it if it's great."

U2 Begin Horizon Follow Up

On 6 month break from 360Tour, Bono and the Edge start work on next album

On the horizon U2 have a 6 month break before the next leg of the 360 tour kicks off - but it looks like they'll spend it hard at work. After a free gig at the site of the Berlin Wall, Bono and The Edge headed to the South of France for a 2 week songwriting session. "We've been playing really well on tour and getting better and better, and we need to distill whatever we have into some songs," says Bono. The band is still debating whether the next record will consist of songs from the NLOTH sessions - the unfinished album known as Songs of Ascent - or an entirely new set of tunes. Says Bono, "I would like to put out an album quickly, but we're only going to do it if it's great."

awesome! thanks for typing that out! should be interesting to see what direction they go in.

remember that EP i was talking about? if the band decides to go with a complete set of new songs, and don't finish the album before the tour, don't be surprised to see "Every Breaking Wave" headline an EP of NLOTH outtakes heading into the tour.

awesome! thanks for typing that out! should be interesting to see what direction they go in.

remember that EP i was talking about? if the band decides to go with a complete set of new songs, and don't finish the album before the tour, don't be surprised to see "Every Breaking Wave" headline an EP of NLOTH outtakes heading into the tour.

I would be VERY surprised! :p

Over 1000 posts. Feel free to start a part IV with a summary or any relevant information in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom