Quasi-Baseless Speculation About New Material, Continued 'Wide Awake in Europe' etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I heard the tracklisting would be as follows:
1) In A Little While (Live from Torino)
2) In A Little While (Live from Moscow)
3) In A Little While (Live from Rome)
4) In A Little While (Live from Paris)
Bonus track for iTunes preorders: In A Little While (Live from Coimbra)

Oh no, this is the tracklisting for SOA. Since IALW is themed to go with rockets ascending, it works... it's a concept album!!

Rumored tracklisting for WAIE:

1) Beautiful Day (live from Torino)
2) Pride (live from Moscow)
3) One (like from Moscow)
4) North Star (the same thing Bono and Edge played live, except recorded in a studio)

I would be sad if this was real.

And stop hating in IALW, it's my favorite U2 song.

Oh no, this is the tracklisting for SOA. Since IALW is themed to go with rockets ascending, it works... it's a concept album!!
I feel like someone just wished on the Monkey's Paw. "You wanted a concept album...you didn't say what kind. :evil:"

Achtung Baby is a concept album.

really though, should be interesting what this EP is all about. i'm still leaning towards that it will be all live songs but you never know.

Why is everything happening today?
Last Week: ...
Yesterday: ...
Today: ZOMG NEW EP AND SONGS OF ASCENT CONFIRMED FOR EARLY 2011

Didn't McGuiness use the words "I would guess" in talking about new album early 2011?

I mean, I'll happily take even that from him, since he would know, but I'm still hesitant to say "confirmed" (despite my earlier freak out of joy).

Didn't McGuiness use the words "I would guess" in talking about new album early 2011?

I mean, I'll happily take even that from him, since he would know, but I'm still hesitant to say "confirmed" (despite my earlier freak out of joy).
Exact quote:
McGuine$$ said:
I would expect a new U2 album sooner than anybody thinks. I would guess early 2011 before the next leg of the American tour which starts in May.
So...not 100% confirmed, but damn close.

Live EP with a studio version of the first SOA single in November to build hype/have something to sell in November, followed by the full release of SOA in March or so? Sounds good to me.

Well, that's enough for me. My year is now complete. :D

win.png

....(Not even paying attention to the rumor mill after this. This is happening whether they like it or not. :shifty:)

I think the chances of this panning out like we hope/now-assume are about 15%. Sorry.

What do you mean? That there's nothing to what Amazon is showing and McGuinness saying possibly early 2011 is flat-out wrong?

I don't know about the "quasi-first single" thing. I'm going with "live versions of the new songs from the tour" and then whatever this album McGuiness mentioned in - possibly - early 2011.

I don't necessarily think the two things have to be all that connected. They could just be two separate things.

A number of artists in the download age have released EPs or track by track releases before the album proper. Chris Cornell and the Flaming Lips did it in 2009. It seems however that it becomes a little anti-climatic.

This sounds all sorts of awesome. And it seems so much more genuine than before. Thank you, fat man with lots of money who doesn't lie.

Semi-possible tracklist out of pure speculation:

1. Stingray Guitar with Beautiful Day (as one track or separated into two)
2. Glastonbury
3. Boy Falls From The Sky
4. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

Here's my logic. Stingray Guitar will probably not be on the next album (unless there is some completed form that we do not know about) and it is followed by the inclusion of a hit song. Glastonbury seems like a fun song sort of like the Party Girl of the 2000's and might also be left off the album. Boy Falls From The Sky might not either. So there are three new tracks to get people to buy this EP while also saving material for the next album. Finally, HMTMKMKM was a new addition to the tour in Europe and would make sense on a release like this.

well now this just posted a few minutes ago. McGuiness says Songs of Ascent should be out early 2011
U2 to release new album in 'early 2011' - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 18, 2010

U2 WILL have a new album out early in the new year, the band’s manager Paul McGuinness has said. McGuinness said the band has already debuted several of the songs live, including Mercy, Every Breaking Wave, and Boys Fall from the Sky . The album has been provisionally titled Songs of Ascent.

“I would expect a new U2 album sooner than anybody thinks. I would guess early 2011 before the next leg of the American tour which starts in May,” he said.

Is it plagiarism if an article is written collectively by an entire forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom