New album: general discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll want to kill someone when you find out that song was #1.
W-what? But...it...it's not...there's no...it's not a song...
Rage1.png

Hi guys,

French is my first languange and I can explain what I read on the link of this french forum without confusion about Project Zero One.

U2 work on three project :

"Project Zero One" - A rock and U2-ish album in collaboration with DM
(Some innovation but U2-ish)

Then the "Club Mix Project" A club album in collobaration with WILL.I.AM and other artists like this

Then what I can call the "Garbage project", some unrealesed song of U2

The original source is from a member (TheFly-is-Back)...
Maybe we could contact this guys ?

Hi guys,

French is my first languange and I can explain what I read on the link of this french forum without confusion about Project Zero One.

Then the "Club Mix Project" A club album in collobaration with WILL.I.AM and other artists like this

Thank you, good sir! Nice to get confirmation that P01 is, in fact, the Danger Mouse project. :wave:

If you could contact him, that'd be great. Before we go too crazy, it would be nice to have a source.

Hi guys,

Merci beaucoup. :)

'Garbage project' :lol:
I don't have high hopes for that one!
I assume that means they're getting all the 'left over' songs, and putting them to one side... hopefully that means P01 won't have filler in it :hmm:

Project Zero One.

Definitely gives off a futuristic/high-tech/science fiction vibe. At least to me. I envision a U2 album called Project Zero One to have a lot of icy guitar and electronics.

This is just complete speculation on my part because of this out-of-nowhere rumor, and because I'm bored.

'Garbage project' :lol:
I don't have high hopes for that one!
I assume that means they're getting all the 'left over' songs, and putting them to one side... hopefully that means P01 won't have filler in it :hmm:

it's not really called the "garbage project" - the original poster in the french site didn't refer to it that way at all... it just says "lastly, another album comprising a few tracks which haven't yet been revealed by the band"...

Don't you think it's high time to resurrect the Jay Cutler avatar?

You know, I thought about it.

I'm exceedingly happy for him and how he performed yesterday, but everybody in the sports subforum already knows how much I love the guy so I don't really need to flaunt it any more than I already do.

Plus, I'm fond of Joakim Noah's joyous smiling face.

And come March I'll be switching back over to my Gordon Beckham avatar anyway.

Comparing them side by side, it's true they have vast differences. However, it's a song with emphasis on heavy 'rock' riffs, power chords, and a guitar that plays muted notes during the verse (just like vertigo), in an album of songs Like Moment of Surrender, WaS, Fez and Magnificent, which are much more ambient and Eno-esque.
Boots was considered being dropped at one point, because they played around with it to the point it was seen as b-side material... yet somehow it became the lead single. That to me is contrived, a song out of place on the album, used to replicate the success of Vertigo.

You might not agree with this, but it's my opinion.

And here we have exactly how internet myths take off.

If I posted all that stuff right here, without saying who I got the information from, you'd think I was full of shit.

But because it was a french site, this is now a confirmed rumor.

I wonder if solar will come out after project zero one.

Hey, I heard that The Edge himself posts on here.

Maybe we should ask him to verify this so-called rumour?

Hi guys,

Thanks for clarifying it! :up:

If a quartet of 50 year olds, in this day and age, can become "Kings Of Radio", then U2 will surely be, probably for once legitimately, the "biggest band in the world",....cuz I just don't think it's possible, not when you look at what's popular right now.

If a quartet of 50 year olds, in this day and age, can become "Kings Of Radio", then U2 will surely be, probably for once legitimately, the "biggest band in the world",....cuz I just don't think it's possible, not when you look at what's popular right now.
I don't know, I think they can pull it off...provided they sing about "sippin' sizzurp" and "ackin' like they drunk" and GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I HATE YOU MAINSTREAM POP RADIO I HATE YOU SO MUCH

Sorry about that. Still traumatized by the video of "Like A G6" posted earlier. :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom