Invisible Discussion Thread III (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear heaven, what has happened to Adam Clayton lately? I am NOT an Adam girl but someone has done something to him... or something. He is absolutely smoking the others in the hotness wars.
Someone is going to have to break it to Edge about the polo shirts soon. :no:

Dear heaven, what has happened to Adam Clayton lately? I am NOT an Adam girl but someone has done something to him... or something. He is absolutely smoking the others in the hotness wars.

probably helped that he married a young Brazilian lady. :)

:shifty: What can I say? When you're good....you're good.

And I am GOOD. :sexywink: But we'll save that talk for a certain other forum. :whistle:

I always laugh off Bono hate. Yeah he's obnoxious and egotistical, but he's done more with his platform to change the world than almost anybody else I can think of in a similar position.
People's hatred towards Bono is a peculiar thing--while I can understand some finding him to be a bit of a bother, the level of animosity many people hold towards him is so friggin' gratuitous... I've no idea exactly when this knee-jerk reaction became the norm, but it's just sort of developed into this really hateful narrative. For those who've actually met him, I can't recall anyone saying anything other than what a nice guy he is. And even still, with all the vicious criticism tossed his way, Bono usually just exhibits a very apologetic demeanor. "Yeah, yeah, I know I can be annoying..."

I know this post reeks of "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE," but whatever... :censored: off.

oh! Speaking of celebrities that immediately bring out the ire in people--and maybe this is just because I'm not British--but Piers Morgan is another figure that people seem to just love to hate, and I have no idea why (again, I understand thinking he's obnoxious, but not to the degree of near-universal loathing). What's the story there??

oh! Speaking of celebrities that immediately bring out the ire in people--and maybe this is just because I'm not British--but Piers Morgan is another figure that people seem to just love to hate, and I have no idea why (again, I understand thinking he's obnoxious, but not to the degree of near-universal loathing). What's the story there??

He was a prominent journalist at and then editor of a very trashy tabloid in the UK that didn't really 'do' ethical. He didn't exactly make a lot of friends along the way. He'd easily be one of the five most hated public figures in Britain.

Piers Morgan is another figure that people seem to just love to hate, and I have no idea why (again, I understand thinking he's obnoxious, but not to the degree of near-universal loathing). What's the story there??

Some VERY underhand journalistic practices; while editor of a national newspaper he allegedly okayed phone tapping for stories including calls of families who have lost loved ones; he's an oily little git as well, will do anything to appear famous or successful by hanging around people with actual talent - one of these dreadful people who licks up and kicks down.

Some VERY underhand journalistic practices; while editor of a national newspaper he allegedly okayed phone tapping for stories including calls of families who have lost loved ones; he's an oily little git as well, will do anything to appear famous or successful by hanging around people with actual talent - one of these dreadful people who licks up and kicks down.
Oh wait, I did hear about that (not Morgan's involvement, though)! This was Rupert Murdoch's newspaper, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom