The Temple Bar - Tinsel is like MUYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to bring this song back. Damn, this sounds amazing!! :drool:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Something really bugging me about Ultra Violet...

sorry i'm a bit late replying, but it wasn't the closest. i don't remember where all they went but off the top of my head i know atlanta would've been closer. st. louis might've been the closest. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut i was friends with someone who lived there at the time (they've since moved, but i digress) and they had an extra concert ticket, and i wasn't about to pass up a free concert, especially of U2.

and it is odd, since as you said they were all about memphis in the late 80s. they came here during popmart and i got to see them then, but i was surprised when they didn't come here for elevation or vertigo. i could've seen them during elevation in atlanta actually, if i could've missed another week of school and had the money to stick around that long. :grumpy: (i went there for spring break 2001 and U2 came there the week after i left.)

Did I ever tell you about the time I was in Memphis? I was a little kid, and my parents decided to make this journey to Mecca, otherwise known as the land of country music. I was thrilled, because that's just what every kid wants to do. :happy: Anyway, part of this entailed a day trip to Graceland. It was a few years after Elvis died...in July, I think. We lined up early in the morning (me and my mom and the lady from the other couple that came with us, along with her kid - to this day, he and I have a bond over that shitty trip), while my dad and the other dude found some air conditioned place to wait around for us and drink beer. The line was down the very long street, and around the corner. By the time we got to the gates, it was late afternoon and like 8,000 degrees out. In fact, I could be mistaken entirely, and we might have been standing on the surface of the sun, it was so fucking hot.

Got to the house, but we didn't get to go in the actual house back in those days or anything...looked at the grounds, the graves, took a few pictures, and we were out in like 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Did I ever tell you about the time I was in Memphis? I was a little kid, and my parents decided to make this journey to Mecca, otherwise known as the land of country music. I was thrilled, because that's just what every kid wants to do. :happy: Anyway, part of this entailed a day trip to Graceland. It was a few years after Elvis died...in July, I think. We lined up early in the morning (me and my mom and the lady from the other couple that came with us, along with her kid - to this day, he and I have a bond over that shitty trip), while my dad and the other dude found some air conditioned place to wait around for us and drink beer. The line was down the very long street, and around the corner. By the time we got to the gates, it was late afternoon and like 8,000 degrees out. In fact, I could be mistaken entirely, and we might have been standing on the surface of the sun, it was so fucking hot.

Got to the house, but we didn't get to go in the actual house back in those days or anything...looked at the grounds, the graves, took a few pictures, and we were out in like 5 minutes. :rolleyes:
ooh, i don't think you had. yeah, i think visiting graceland is so-ooo anticlimactic. like you said, it's a really short trip. if you buy the super expensive package you're there a bit longer and can see the crap U2 did, but sars, i'm not paying $100 or something to see a house. and geez, memphis in july is just shitty. it's so fucking hot and humid, like you said it's like being on the surface of the sun.

did you get to do anything fun on the trip at all? i personally love nashville, though it's got nothing to do with country music. even though memphis is a tad bigger than nashville, population-wise, nashville just highlights how a big city in tennessee should be. memphis is absolutely pathetic.

ooh, i don't think you had. yeah, i think visiting graceland is so-ooo anticlimactic. like you said, it's a really short trip. if you buy the super expensive package you're there a bit longer and can see the crap U2 did, but sars, i'm not paying $100 or something to see a house. and geez, memphis in july is just shitty. it's so fucking hot and humid, like you said it's like being on the surface of the sun.

did you get to do anything fun on the trip at all? i personally love nashville, though it's got nothing to do with country music. even though memphis is a tad bigger than nashville, population-wise, nashville just highlights how a big city in tennessee should be. memphis is absolutely pathetic.

Honestly, I don't remember much about it. Maybe I blocked it? lol I think the goal was to get to the Grand Ol' Opry, but if I remember correctly, there was some confusion, and it had just moved from the original place to some bigger, new place, and maybe it was the transition period, or no one was playing the week we were there? My parents weren't the best planners, we winged it a lot. But I think we made it to the Country Music HOF. In fact, I'm pretty sure, because we have pictures of it. What I do remember is that we drove an RV down and back, and stayed in a lot of campgrounds. There was one campground chain called KOA Camps (not sure if they're around anymore) and those were really cool, they had a ton of kid-related activities. And I remember this one place we stayed in Kentucky, the guy who ran the campground was super nice. In fact, I think everyone was so friendly. Except in Memphis. We got lost a lot, got into some really bad neighbourhoods, and no one would help us get out. Bastards. :lol:

Oh, I also remember that across the street from Graceland was a plaza with a bunch of touristy, Elvis-related stores, and my parents bought my the single of Love Me Tender. I still have that. :)

Honestly, I don't remember much about it. Maybe I blocked it? lol I think the goal was to get to the Grand Ol' Opry, but if I remember correctly, there was some confusion, and it had just moved from the original place to some bigger, new place, and maybe it was the transition period, or no one was playing the week we were there? My parents weren't the best planners, we winged it a lot. But I think we made it to the Country Music HOF. In fact, I'm pretty sure, because we have pictures of it. What I do remember is that we drove an RV down and back, and stayed in a lot of campgrounds. There was one campground chain called KOA Camps (not sure if they're around anymore) and those were really cool, they had a ton of kid-related activities. And I remember this one place we stayed in Kentucky, the guy who ran the campground was super nice. In fact, I think everyone was so friendly. Except in Memphis. We got lost a lot, got into some really bad neighbourhoods, and no one would help us get out. Bastards. :lol:

Oh, I also remember that across the street from Graceland was a plaza with a bunch of touristy, Elvis-related stores, and my parents bought my the single of Love Me Tender. I still have that. :)
ooh, i see. it has moved to a bigger location, though since i don't give a rat's ass about country music i don't know when it did. though funnily enough i have seen a couple shows at what was the old location, the concerts were about as far away from country as you could get (crowded house and moody blues). oh yes, i remember koa parks. i don't know if they're around anymore either, i thiiiiiiiink i remember seeing signs for them when i took my road trip a couple months ago. and yes, if you go to the right parts of the south, people are very friendly. i tend to find people are friendlier in nashville than memphis, though my opinion changed somewhat when i was in nashville for my birthday this past august. i'd just had foot surgery so i was in crutches, and you wouldn't believe how many people would let the door slam in front of me or would stare at me like i had a second head. i was in crutches and had one of those boots on, big freaking deal. for that stuff, memphis was loads nicer, though i could've done without the nosiness (ooh, what happened to your leg/foot?)

ha yeah, all that stuff's still there. there's also a new hotel called, unsurprisingly, the heartbreak hotel.

I've been to Memphis once, en route from Phoenix to NYC with someone I had a huge crush on. It was pouring rain there that day, and she thought fucking Graceland was on some street you could just drive by.

I've been to Memphis once, en route from Phoenix to NYC with someone I had a huge crush on. It was pouring rain there that day, and she thought fucking Graceland was on some street you could just drive by.
it is, yo. i had a friend visit two weeks ago and we saw the outside of graceland by pulling over to the side of the street. of course i had to don a bullet proof vest, but i have to wear those pretty much daily anyway.

Let's not forget the shitting of pants?

(well, the first line or two. I'm not going to stop talking to you guys, and the oral sex references? Not so much. I forgot how the rest of the song went :uhoh: )

*sniffle*

Here I was feeling all jaded about christmas, but thanks to you, my spirit has come alive with the festive joy of blink 182. Thank you. :hug:

*sniffle*

Here I was feeling all jaded about christmas, but thanks to you, my spirit has come alive with the festive joy of blink 182. Thank you. :hug:

You're very welcome. :kiss:

I should probably just take it down. I honestly did forget the rest of it, and only really intended the first line or two. :shifty:

So how are you? What are you guys up to this year?

You're very welcome. :kiss:

I should probably just take it down. I honestly did forget the rest of it, and only really intended the first line or two. :shifty:

So how are you? What are you guys up to this year?

Has the bat assumed his place of honour this year? I could bring in some tree and wood references but I'm far too mature for that. :shifty:

:lol: Yeah, sure you did. It's a beautiful song, very touching, truly captures the spirit of the season.

And I'm pretty good, just finished off what appears to have been a very good term. Keeping myself in plenty of mischief of course. We have all the trimmings up, but for some reason this year just don't really feel like christmas yet. Anyone else getting that vibe?

Ah well, gonna pop a nice holiday movie in a little later.
And I must admit, decorating the nerdiest tree ever was fairly amusing.

How are you, the kitties, and Sarah doing?
And Merry Christmas of course! :hug:

Brighty!

:hug:

Happy Holidays to you!!!

Pokey! :hug:
Merry Christmas to U2 (c what I did thar?)!

Btw, I don't know what happened to that glorious poem I crafted for your birthday, but I think the internetz ate it. And such beauty can only happen once in a lifetime, it is lost forever. I have phailed you. Forgive me.
So sorry for the PM confusion too.

How are you?

And just to keep on topic and all, I've driven through Tennessee many times, but not once have we spotted elvis. :sigh:

Pokey! :hug:
Merry Christmas to U2 (c what I did thar?)!

Btw, I don't know what happened to that glorious poem I crafted for your birthday, but I think the internetz ate it. And such beauty can only happen once in a lifetime, it is lost forever. I have phailed you. Forgive me.
So sorry for the PM confusion too.

How are you?

Happy Chanukkah. :)

The poem. Well, knowing you wrote it for me will suffice. Effort trumps achievement, or even proof sometimes. :)

I am well, and in great spirits as of one hour age. How are you???

Has the bat assumed his place of honour this year? I could bring in some tree and wood references but I'm far too mature for that. :shifty:

:lol: Yeah, sure you did. It's a beautiful song, very touching, truly captures the spirit of the season.

And I'm pretty good, just finished off what appears to have been a very good term. Keeping myself in plenty of mischief of course. We have all the trimmings up, but for some reason this year just don't really feel like christmas yet. Anyone else getting that vibe?

Ah well, gonna pop a nice holiday movie in a little later.
And I must admit, decorating the nerdiest tree ever was fairly amusing.

How are you, the kitties, and Sarah doing?
And Merry Christmas of course! :hug:

No decorations this year. It's been...a strange and messed up one. I'll update you after Christmas. We're going to my niece's for the big family gathering tomorrow, and I'm sure she has plenty up. :) What was so nerdy about your tree?

We're all fine though, thanks. Glad to hear you had a good term, and are getting some well-deserved R&R. Sarah did too, she's gotten some marks back, and that kid is too smart for her own damn good, lol. The kittens are...like cats, now. :ohmy: Where did the time go?? They're still my babies, though. The girls just got fixed a week and a half ago, and they're doing very well.

Happy Chanukkah. :)

The poem. Well, knowing you wrote it for me will suffice. Effort trumps achievement, or even proof sometimes. :)

I am well, and in great spirits as of one hour age. How are you???

I'm sorry, I'm obliged to post this:

YouTube - Adam Sandler original Chanukah (Hanukkah) Song

And I'm glad to see you're enjoying the holidays. Do you have any big plans? Getting together with friends? family?

And I'm pretty good. Happy about the holidays, and enjoying the season (even the pretty snow) it just doesn't entirely feel like christmas.
But eh, It's all good.

I am pathetically excited to give my little cousin Guess Who for Christmas. Does anyone else remember that game?

No decorations this year. It's been...a strange and messed up one. I'll update you after Christmas. We're going to my niece's for the big family gathering tomorrow, and I'm sure she has plenty up. :) What was so nerdy about your tree?

We're all fine though, thanks. Glad to hear you had a good term, and are getting some well-deserved R&R. Sarah did too, she's gotten some marks back, and that kid is too smart for her own damn good, lol. The kittens are...like cats, now. :ohmy: Where did the time go?? They're still my babies, though. The girls just got fixed a week and a half ago, and they're doing very well.

I haven't been round these parts as much as I'd like, but when I've peeked in now and then I saw references to some stuff going on, but never got around to PMing you. :reject:
I'm sorry to hear about the messed up nature, but I'm glad to hear you're all good, and that you've managed to wrap two (fucking :p) presents.
I'm sure you'll have a good time tomorrow.

Do the kitties have stockings(I know, no decorations, but still, I have this image of your fireplace with like 10 stockings)? full of catnip? :cute:

And I always thought her brain was too big. She needs to do the right thing and share with us. :wink:

As for the nerd-tastic tree. Boy and I got one together last year, and we decorated it last week - but filled it with little models of star trek ships. And the star is DS9. Yeah, I think that counts as nerdy. But he was so excited about it. :lol: :cute:

As for the nerd-tastic tree. Boy and I got one together last year, and we decorated it last week - but filled it with little models of star trek ships. And the star is DS9. Yeah, I think that counts as nerdy. But he was so excited about it. :lol: :cute:

That's fantastic! He's lucky.....to have such an understanding......girl....person....in his life.

I haven't been round these parts as much as I'd like, but when I've peeked in now and then I saw references to some stuff going on, but never got around to PMing you. :reject:
I'm sorry to hear about the messed up nature, but I'm glad to hear you're all good, and that you've managed to wrap two (fucking : p) presents.
I'm sure you'll have a good time tomorrow.

Do the kitties have stockings(I know, no decorations, but still, I have this image of your fireplace with like 10 stockings)? full of catnip? :cute:

And I always thought her brain was too big. She needs to do the right thing and share with us. :wink:

You've been lurking again? :angry:

Um, in my case, make that "zero fucking presents." :reject: Yeah, gotta get going soon. I've been saying that for 3 hrs now.

No, no stockings for the cats. As I told Sarah last night, they should be grateful for the 70 or 80 dollars I spend every month to feed them and maintain their litter, not to mention the $300 I just paid the vet. :happy: I didn't even get stocking stuffers for Sarah this year, for the first time ever. I phail. :(

Your tree sounds dorkily adorable! :cute:

Mia, accidental date. :lol: And I hate that, guys either call incessantly, or not at all, there's no happy medium. :angry:

OMG!

Do not speak the name of that heathen place.

They're one of the only places with a sizeable toy department these days. So we went. And then stood in line for an hour. At 11 o clock at night. WTF people.
:angry:

Hanukkah reminds me of that WalMart line, it's from a song that I very generously shared with NSW a while back, because I'm a giver that way. :cute:

It wasn't Hanukkah in the song though, was it? It was another Jewish holiday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom