Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although here's an example of how I'm sometimes slow to catch on. When he said "I'll show you my recipe" it didn't click with me that he was planning to kill them all along. Kill or be killed.

Ringer has gotten a little less boring, so I'm still watching it.

Also have tentatively been enjoying Enlightened, Laura Dern's new dark(ish) comedy on HBO.

God I'm sick of this Monster Of The Week crap on Fringe. I'm on episode 3 of the new season and I'm barely watching it in the background on my computer.

Get back to the fucking mythology!

Oh, and I'm going to check out the first few eps of both Homeland and Revenge, to raise them up the flagpole and see if I salute.

Hey, hey, whoa, let's take a step back .... some of the best X-Files episodes were the monster-of-the-week ones.

And the mythology started getting fucked up even before the show really started to go downhill, where the frustration started kicking in when it became increasingly clear that Carter was just pulling it out of his surf-god, toned ass as he went along.

Yeah, I'm with Cori.

Saying you don't like the MOTW episodes on X-Files is basically like saying you don't like X-Files.

corianderstem said:
Hey, hey, whoa, let's take a step back .... some of the best X-Files episodes were the monster-of-the-week ones.

And the mythology started getting fucked up even before the show really started to go downhill, where the frustration started kicking in when it became increasingly clear that Carter was just pulling it out of his surf-god, toned ass as he went along.

I agree, especially the part about Chris Carter's surf-god, toned...

Sorry, what were we talking about?

"I wouldn't mind seeing him hang ten, if you get my meaning."

- Our Man Muldy

If that's a joke or a reference to something, it's gone over my head, but the first two seasons of that show are some of my favorite television of the last 10 years or so. And the 3rd and 4th seasons are also highly watchable.

Muldy and the Battlestar Galactica thing. ... something about it being politically insightful. And maybe he wanted Daniel Lanois to be more politically insightful. Or wanted U2 to guest star on Battlestar Galactica.

I don't remember how Chris Carter fit into all that.

Oh, sorry. Damn my thread-skimming ways and/or lack of internet reading comprehension.

I'll take a wild guess and say that it was a reference to Duchovny allegedly being rather well-hung.

Not that I would know.

I swear!

I love the X-Files.
But as someone who from the beginning watched it each week as the new episodes came out, there definitely were times where it was :gah: Get The Fuck Back To The CSM And The Black Oil!!!

There have been some great "monster" episodes of Fringe, too--White Tulip :heart:

Here are the shows that I consider :up: right about now:

Boss - Already I love this. I think that was the most instances of the word "Fuck" I've ever heard in a single scene. Yes, it was.

Revenge - Holy crap, I'm hooked. I didn't think I'd like this show, it just doesn't seem like something I'd go for...but I'm hooked. Watching ep 5 tonite. Would like to hear what you think, Cori..

Homeland - I've commented in that thread. Still giving it a whirl every week though.

X Factor - this is so tear jerky to me moreso than other talent shows. I like.

Terra Nova - something I can watch with my daughter, although even she remarked how each episode is basically an entity unto itself. No continuation, which is fine because I can't be hooked on more than 2 shows at once lol

An Idiot Abroad - I'm behind..waiting for a snow day

Ok lesser shows:

Dexter: not as riveting imo and I'm not feelin it (yet).

American Horror Story - Am gonna get roasted for this, but I find this show extremely juvenile. I don't know if I'll be able to keep watching, but I'll give it time. Ep 3 soon.

Don't hold your breath waiting for my comments on Revenge. It'll probably be ages before I get around to watching it. ;) But I'm planning on it, I swear!

Everybody says that Leno Sucks and that Dave is the man,yet Leno has better ratings

Whats the demographic difference between the Leno audience vs the Letterman viewer?

If that's a joke or a reference to something, it's gone over my head, but the first two seasons of that show are some of my favorite television of the last 10 years or so. And the 3rd and 4th seasons are also highly watchable.

Muldy and the Battlestar Galactica thing. ... something about it being politically insightful. And maybe he wanted Daniel Lanois to be more politically insightful. Or wanted U2 to guest star on Battlestar Galactica.

I don't remember how Chris Carter fit into all that.

Our resident BSG fanboy was praising The X-Files and Chris Carter, and for some reason mentioned how good looking he was.

Either Impy or myself found a picture of a tan, ripped Carter with a surfboard at some point.

You can fill in the rest.

Today I met Julie Newmar. She was lovely. Hopefully the '60s Bat series will get an official dvd/blu-ray/whatever release while at least some of the cast are still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom