"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xaviMF22 said:
1. kid A- 10.0
2. OKC- 9.5
3. HTTT- 8.5
4. The Bends- 8.5
5 Amnesiac- 8.0
6. Pablo Honey- 0

Pfft...I'm not a good Radiohead fan? :lol: You have that phoned in piece of tofu HTTT equal to Bends? :tsk: You are mad, sir.

There There is the best song on HTTT, and I can name three songs on Bends that blow it out of the water:

The Bends
Fake Plastic Trees
Black Star

:wink:

And yes, I know you'll pull out the old "oh, but Bones and Sulk suck sooooo hard!!!" (both of which I really like) argument, but you couldn't possibly tell me that We Suck......Young Blood and the miserable studio recording of Backdrifts aren't at least somewhere in that ballpark. :p

LemonMelon said:
There There is the best song on HTTT, and I can name three songs on Bends that blow it out of the water:

The Bends
Fake Plastic Trees
Black Star

And yes, I know you'll pull out the old "oh, but Bones and Sulk suck sooooo hard!!!" (both of which I really like) argument, but you couldn't possibly tell me that We Suck......Young Blood and the miserable studio recording of Backdrifts aren't at least somewhere in that ballpark. :p

this we suck young blood is meant to sound the way it does

it's a joke song...the band know that
I think it's a pity that more people don't understand that this song really isn't serious.

and backdrifts is awesome..especially live

and Stop mindlessly bashing HTTT :tsk:

or I'll cut you :mad:

lets mindlessly bash HTDAAB instead :drool:

will you join me in sniffing babies heads?

I hear they smell like freedom :drool:

Jokes aren't an excuse for not writing a quality musical piece to back it. :tsk: Much like the majority of HTTT, it lacks energy and spark. The only good part of that song is the 10 seconds where it comes to life towards the end...only to die a horrible death immediately thereafter.

And I will never bash HTDAAB. At least U2 sounds like they actually care about recording on that record...even if they occasionally get a bit overzealous. :p

LemonMelon said:

And I will never bash HTDAAB
. At least U2 sounds like they actually care about recording on that record...even if they occasionally get a bit overzealous. :p

:tsk:

:

but c'mon join me in sniffing babies heads??

:drool: :drool:

xaviMF22 said:
and I can guarantee that LP7 will

be RH's third masterpiece :drool: :drool:

Are you saying that Bends isn't a masterpiece??? :eyebrow:

Well, actually, I'd say OKC is their only masterpiece, but Kid A and Bends are both excellent records, while Pablo and Amnesiac are both good in different ways.

LP7 will join Kid A and Bends. :drool:

LemonMelon said:

Are you saying that Bends isn't a masterpiece??? :eyebrow:

Well, actually, I'd say OKC is their only masterpiece, but Kid A and Bends are both excellent records, while Pablo and Amnesiac are both good in different ways.

LP7 will join Kid A and Bends. :drool:

the bends masterpiece ???

The bends is great....great songs..:up::up:

and LP7 will join KID A....OKC...:drool:

When people talk about RH's masterpiece....

it's always KID A....and OKC

LP7 will join that :drool: :drool:

namkcuR said:
No Amnesiac love :sad:

You And Whose Army :drool:

Pyramid Song :drool:

Life In A Glass House :drool:

I Might Be Wrong :drool:

I love it :heart:

but LemonMelon is not an art fag like us :tsk:

and pyramid song is a top 10 RH song :up:

I might be wrong :drool:

namkcuR said:
No Amnesiac love :sad:

You And Whose Army :drool: :drool:

Pyramid Song :drool: :drool:

Life In A Glass House :drool: :drool:

I Might Be Wrong :drool: :drool:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I like Amnesiac, but I don't think I've ever come across a record quite as frustrating as it is. This is because, though its defenders may say otherwise, it's nothing more than a slightly glorified b-side collection. Pull/Pulk, a pointless remix of Morning Bell, and Hunting Bears speak for themselves.

However, there are several songs on it I really, really like:

Packt Like Sardines (underrated)
Pyramid Song (bloody amazing)
You And Whose Army (wonderful ending, nice melody)
I Might Be Wrong (rocks hard)

I'm not big on LIAGH or Like Spinning Plates (it got good live) though. :slant: But, I do think D&C is pretty cool, and, though I consider it filler, I do enjoy Hunting Bears.

It's a mixed bag, but mostly enjoyable. 7/10.

LemonMelon said:

it's nothing more than a slightly glorified b-side collection. . 7/10.

I disagree with this erroneous statement :tsk:

calling songs like

pyramid song

I might be wrong

Life in a glasshouse and

like spinning plates...B-Sides is a travesty :tsk:

although the original track list for Amnesiac included Cuttooth :drool:
as track 9 instead of hunting bears

stupid RH for removing it :down:

LemonMelon said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I like Amnesiac, but I don't think I've ever come across a record quite as frustrating as it is. This is because, though its defenders may say otherwise, it's nothing more than a slightly glorified b-side collection. Pull/Pulk, a pointless remix of Morning Bell, and Hunting Bears speak for themselves.

I'm not big on LIAGH or Like Spinning Plates (it got good live) though. :slant: But, I do think D&C is pretty cool, and, though I consider it filler, I do enjoy Hunting Bears.

I agree with most of that, especially it being a glorified B-side album. :up:

Life in a Glasshouse, You and Whose Army?, Pyramid Song, and Knives Out are insanely good songs, and I prefer the remix of Morning Bell to the Kid A version, but the rest is alright, at least for me.

Amnesiac gets too much flack in my opinion. It's a unique and wholly satisfying album. It's just not nearly as mindblowing as Kid A.

LemonMelon said:

I don't view it as a collection of b-sides. I understand that Kid A and Amnesiac were recorded during the same sessions, but I always felt that they were made separate albums for atmospheric reasons rather than just, 'these are the songs that didn't make it onto Kid A'.

Kid A is an utterly cold, inhuman record. Detatched from all emotion save for its final track, 'Motion Picture Soundtrack'.

The songs on Amnesiac have a certain warmth to them that doesn't exist on Kid A.

What you call a 'pointless remix' of Morning Bell is actually the perfect illustration of what I'm saying. Compare Kid A's Morning Bell to Amnesiac's Morning Bell. The Kid A version is cold and sterile, while the Amnesiac version is much more human, the vocal track has a much broader emotional range, and the whole thing sounds less like a guy sitting at a synthesizer and more like four guys in a room.

Note that when I refer to Kid A's style as 'cold' or 'inhuman', these aren't criticisms, they're just descriptions of the musical atmosphere of the record.

Lancemc said:
Amnesiac gets too much flack in my opinion. It's a unique and wholly satisfying album. It's just not nearly as mindblowing as Kid A.

I have a lot of fun when listening to Amnesiac...it has some great moments, and it feels a lot more lighthearted than Kid A...but it definitely isn't as mindblowing. No problem with that though...not all albums have to be life-changing. :wink:

Heck, I'm Magical Mystery Tour's biggest fan. :D

namkcuR said:

What you call a 'pointless remix' of Morning Bell is actually the perfect illustration of what I'm saying. Compare Kid A's Morning Bell to Amnesiac's Morning Bell. The Kid A version is cold and sterile, while the Amnesiac version is much more human, the vocal track has a much broader emotional range, and the whole thing sounds less like a guy sitting at a synthesizer and more like four guys in a room.
d.

did you know the amnesiac version of Morning bell...was actually recorded first?

the kid a version came much later

and I agree with everything you said :up:

Note that when I refer to Kid A's style as 'cold' or 'inhuman', these aren't criticisms, they're just descriptions of the musical atmosphere of the record.

Agreed :up::up:

Ironically, Amnesiac's singles have three of Radiohead's best b-sides:

Fog, Worrywort, The Amazing Sounds of Orgy :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I prefer the remix of Morning Bell to the Kid A version,

not a remix

the Amnesiac one is the original version

I guess in a way the kid a version is the remix one :wink:

I think the reason I prefer the Kid A version is because it shows that "cold and sterile" feel really paying off. Sorry guys, but there isn't a single moment of Amnesiac's Morning Bell that matches that beautiful moment where it comes out of the darkness, changing the melody entirely, and lifting off. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
I think the reason I prefer the Kid A version is because it shows that "cold and sterile" feel really paying off. Sorry guys, but there isn't a single moment of Amnesiac's Morning Bell that matches that beautiful moment where it comes out of the darkness, changing the melody entirely, and lifting off. :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Releeeeeeeaaaaase meeeee, Releeeeeeeaaaaase meeeee.

:combust:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom