NFL 2014 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think one play when the Packers were trying to score a TD to ice the game demonstrates how to beat them. Drop eleven guys into coverage and hope that Rodgers gets impatient and throws the ball away.

The play may have worked, but that was way too much time to give Rodgers. This was the first game since he was out that they really missed Chandler Jones.

It's lame, but I do think rushing 4 guys max and staying in contain mode is the least-terrible strategy against Rodgers. Every time the defensive ends got upfield, Rodgers took off and it was a disaster.

The play may have worked, but that was way too much time to give Rodgers. This was the first game since he was out that they really missed Chandler Jones.

Definitely missed Jones. The strategy speedracer mentions will be effective if you can apply some pressure with 4, the Pats couldn't do that today. If Jones is healthy that makes things a bit different probably. Just too much time for Rodgers all game long. But if the Pats were gonna lose a game, this one being out of conference hurts the least.

A rematch indoors with these 2 teams if both are healthy could be a serious barn burner.

One thing the Patriots could do is line up Chandler Jones inside to generate extra pass rush up the middle, like the Giants did in the Super Bowls.

The downside is that if Aaron Rodgers catches on, he'll audible to an Eddie Lacy run up the middle.

Yeah. If the Patriots were to beat the Packers in a neutral field, it would have to be Brady finding a way to exploit the Packers defense, which IMO was the key to victory yesterday. It's going to be tough for any team to show Rodgers, the WR's and Lacy down. Not with that O-line. But even though it seems like the defense is on its way to clicking at the right time, that's still the key exploit in beating the Packers.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Getting a little ahead of ourselves, aren't we? Last I checked, there's still four games and the playoffs before anyone should be game planning for the Super Bowl.

I fucking hate the fact that there are 4 games left right now.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Getting a little ahead of ourselves, aren't we? Last I checked, there's still four games and the playoffs before anyone should be game planning for the Super Bowl.

I think a lot of people are just enthused by a potential rematch after watching a very solid all-around game, that's all.

Patriots have to play in SD next, and that is certainly no gimme. They could easily lose that and home field advantage.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I get that the game was a thriller, but there's certainly some chicken counting going on here, is all. I very badly want to see my team in the Super Bowl, obviously, and a rematch of that game on neutral ground would be a killer.

Back
Top Bottom