NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
They cared a lot about Belichick "barely acknowledging" Mangini last year...it was a big to do with the media, thats what I was referring to, nothing about signals or accusations. Gibbs does the exact same thing today and nobody mentions it, why exactly is that?

Because Belichick has a history of being a douchebag, whereas Gibbs does not.

Hewson said:
They cared a lot about Belichick "barely acknowledging" Mangini last year...it was a big to do with the media, thats what I was referring to, nothing about signals or accusations. Gibbs does the exact same thing today and nobody mentions it, why exactly is that?

Q: Why does the media care if Belichick and Mangini have it out?

A: Because they used to work together. Promoting rivalries between two coaches on very familiar terms is good for ratings. :up:

I think 85% of Belichick's reputation is total bullshit that was exxagerated or just made up.

Well, that was a great game tonight. The Eagles played brilliantly, with some great calls.

And I'm actually glad it wasn't a blowout. Now the Patriots can get some of that focus back.

If I'm a Raven, I'm pissed right now.

I wouldn't say LM was calling him a whiner. But I wasn't part of the conversation (and I couldn't be bothered going back to look for it) so I won't say anything more about it.

:shrug:

Whine

V.

To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

Bitter

Adj.

Marked by resentment or cynicism.

Interpret it as you please. :wink: It may have been both, actually.

They essentially mean: LM thinks Hewson is making too big a deal out of the media making too big a deal out of Belichick.

Glad we cleared that up.

I'm sleeping now.

phanan said:
Well, that was a great game tonight. The Eagles played brilliantly, with some great calls.

And I'm actually glad it wasn't a blowout. Now the Patriots can get some of that focus back.

If I'm a Raven, I'm pissed right now.
The Eagles played very well, and if not for Assante Samuel, would have won methinks.
The Ravens don't have anywhere near the offensive skill the Iggles have, so they won't put 28 or anywhere close up next week.
But a couple of teams (maybe just 1, Pitt) have enough weapons and can use this game film to devise a game plan that might beat the Pats in the regular season.

phillyfan26 said:
They essentially mean: LM thinks Hewson is making too big a deal out of the media making too big a deal out of Belichick.

Glad we cleared that up.

I'm sleeping now.

Good call. Have some milk and cookies; you deserve it. :wink:

I usually stay out of the nfl thread, so all I have to say is, I still can't breathe without conciously thinking about it. I haven't been so nervous in forever about football. I am so wound up I will never get to bed.

LemonMelon said:

:angry: I know you have something to say. You always do.

I did, but I figured I'd let the two of you have it out this time and just observe. Sometimes, I like to watch. :wink:

"What did he just say?" :huh::lol:

Eagles were very game tonight, good on them.

What I'm worried about is Pittsburgh seeing that and thinking "so that's how you beat the Patriots". Which is smart. What Philly did was get pressure on Brady while still jamming and covering Randy Moss on D, and do a good job pass-protecting and throwing inside on offense. The thing is, even though they basically took Moss away Brady was still able to make plays. The offense doesn't worry me, but the defense does.

these gynormous spreads can not be good for the pats... i mean unless you're a team with zero character who will just roll over and die at home to a team they have no business losing to (like the giants), when you're a .500 team a year off a playoff appearance and you go into a game as a 22+ point underdog, well that's gotta fire ya up a tad.

Not to take away anything from the Eagles, but if Moss doesn't get called for that bogus offensive pass interference call, the Patriots go up by 10 and really change the complexion of the game. It puts more pressure on Philly to keep up, and that sometimes means taking more chances, and who knows what would have happened then. That one play really kept the game close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom