Dalton and NSW's Beijing Olympics Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to decide which cookie would best convey my deepest respect and admiration. It might be a chocolate-dipped coconut macaroon. :hmm:

You want to know how powerful I am? I said, "I hope she falls." as that little girl was about to do her vault. She fell.

She's probably been training for months if not years, for this, she makes a significant mistake like that, and you're making it into something positive about yourself?

She's probably been training for months if not years, for this, she makes a significant mistake like that, and you're making it into something positive about yourself?

My guess? The training has been years, not months. You, though, are too old. Yes, too old for the training.

I am so happy for Oksana Chusovitina! She really does show you can be a mature woman and still do gymnastics like the 12 year olds. Who says you can be too old for the sport?

I have rented two movies...Into the Wild and 12 Monkeys. I have not seen either. Which one do you guys think I should watch tonight?

I've yet to see the former but love the latter. Watch Into the Wild, report back, then I can ponder your review whilst you watch 12 Monkeys.

Yeah, I think I'm going to just watch 12 Monkeys. It's weird. I love Sean Penn. And then Eddie Vedder, who did the soundrack, is one of my favorite songwriters but for some reason I've never been that excited about watching Into the Wild. I just get the feeling that I won't like it. I'm not even sure why I rented it.

Into the Wild is a movie about a man whom I would have had beaten had I met him in real life. I couldn't stand him, what a douchebag.

No, but seriously, I don't know. There's gymnastics on right now on NBC. I think there might be Track and Field later? Maybe???

NSW knows the answer to this and other questions.

The words track and field are good enough for me, I'll tune in

I have to ask...

shouldn't the eyes of the world be on the decathlon?

1 man, 10 disciplines... THOSE are supermen

Fernando Gonzalez lost the Tennis final against Rafael Nadal (I hate him, and he hardly celebrated, he sucks)... but he won SILVER... 2 olympics, 3 medals, one of each kind. Can you do that, Phelps? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom