2010-2011 NBA Thread Episode III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game 1 was on Tuesday and Game 2 was on Thursday. There was one day off, and now there's one day for travel.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the scheduling is pretty standard practice for any playoff series in any sport.

The NBA finals are always on Tues, Thurs and Sunday. Travel has nothing to do with it (TV is the only motivating factor) as last year the series started on a Thursday (and would have this year if either conference final had gone longer than 5 games), the Celtic and Lakers played games 1 and 2 in LA on Thurs and Sunday, then travelled east for a game 3 in boston on a Tuesday, played again on Thur and Sunday, then travelled again for a Tuesday game in LA.
I remarked last year how stupid it was not to have started on Tuesday because then the between city travel in a 2-3-2 format would be when there were 2 off days both times. So happens to be the case this year, but not because the NBA got it right, they just didn't want too long a layoff between the cohferene finals and the finals. And of course this year the travel is between Miami and Dallas, much shorter than LA to Boston and back.

You are correct about the intentional avoidance of the Stanley Cup finals...for the NBA uses Tues, Thurs and Sunday and the NHL uses Mon, Wed and Saturday. Fridays we get to pay attention to our wives/girlfriends.

Hmm... interesting.

I mean, it still makes sense in the travel aspect. I don't like the idea of the instance you placed down with the Lakers-Celtics. I usually like my rest after a day of travel. I'd imagine the players are the same.

Between the NBA finals and the Stanley Cup (and Utah guy losing on the Ultimate Fighter finale yesterday), I'm in a constant bummer sports wise. Y mai teamz no win?

Ima go watch Game of Thrones. Hopefully my luck doesn't carry over and the entire Stark family is killed.

Bosh's game winner was the result of a great football block by Haslem. Good form: both arms on Nowitzki, moving fluidly from side-to-side, not letting him run around you. Good thing there's no rule against moving screens or he'd have gotten a whistle.

Bosh's game winner was the result of a great football block by Haslem. Good form: both arms on Nowitzki, moving fluidly from side-to-side, not letting him run around you. Good thing there's no rule against moving screens or he'd have gotten a whistle.

Did you not see the ending to Game 2? Yeah, two moving picks in one play. With cross-check style arm throwing.

The NBA finals aren't a place to complain about calls, come on now.

Totally benefited my team 5 years ago. And they're doing it now, too.

They clearly have a Miami Heat agenda, both in 2006 and here in 2011.

What crap. The better team comes out on top, 100% of the time. Regardless of the referees. Regardless of the payed off referees, in fact. Whoever wants it more, gets it.

In fact, bringing up that point, it's become evident from a Heat fan's perspective that Mario Chalmers wants this NBA Championship more than any other player on the court.

I would say that the "better team on the day" (to use a boring, cliched, sportsmen response) usually comes out on top, except in close games where two teams are evenly matched. Then luck, or umpiring, can play a part.

Of all the naivety you have displayed, this probably tops it all.

You caught me at a wonderful time. Naivety. Say what you'd like, I really don't give a crap. If there's something I'm certain about, it's that the best team will come out on top when it matters most. It's very, very rare that a game is decided from an outside force, separate from the players themselves.

I've got quite the bit of alcohol in me after that game, but I was also quite sober while watching it. There was nothing to complain about, give it a rest. I've seen significant calls. I've (maybe once or twice) seen a game that was ruined by the refereeing at the end of the game.

You can condemn or condone the calls at the end of the game all you'd like. Congratulations, it represents about 1% of the game, if less. You're just more worried about the order of operations than you are of the fact that every part of the game was equally represented in the referees callings'.

Yeah, there was BS in game 2. That doesn't mean that on the whole the Dallas Mavericks didn't win game 2 with an amazing display of a comeback. They did. The Heat also won a close game in game #3. Continue to make excuses for why the team you wanted to win didn't. Fact is, if they were truly better, they'd put on a better display than they did. Say what you'd like (and I'm sure a nice wall of text is coming), but the Mavericks lost that game, fair and square.

I'm not even talking about game three anymore, which had a good performance down the stretch by the Heat. I'm talking about your statement that the best team always wins. It's just not true, especially in the NBA, where officiating has more impact than any other sport.

You're not talking about game 3 anymore.

But you were trying to talk about game 3.

Actually, you know what, lets just stop it. I don't know why I give you a reason to keep having at me. Say what you'd like. Just please, leave my conscious alone.

6a00d8341bfc7553ef00e55271d0168833-640wi.jpg

You're not talking about game 3 anymore.

But you were trying to talk about game 3.

Actually, you know what, lets just stop it. I don't know why I give you a reason to keep having at me. Say what you'd like. Just please, leave my conscious alone.

Your responses in arguments are odd and don't make sense sometimes.

Your responses in arguments are odd and don't make sense sometimes.

I don't make sense. Sorry.

Let's try again.

I. Would like. To stop. Arguing. With you. Because I. Am drunk. And I. Care. Too much. About how people think. About. Me.

I can't. Control. The way. I think. So please. Just. Let. It. Fade away.

I'm not even talking about game three anymore, which had a good performance down the stretch by the Heat. I'm talking about your statement that the best team always wins. It's just not true, especially in the NBA, where officiating has more impact than any other sport.

YouTube - ‪arkansas vs florida 2009 - Bad Personal Foul Call. AR gets screwed.‬‏

Now, I don't know if Lucky Number 7 is a Florida fan or not, but...obviously, bad reffing CAN effect a game.

I'm pretty pathetic but that's got to be one of the most pathetic things I've seen if it was made to be serious.

And no, I'm not a Florida fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom