Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be honest, I liked the acoustic set, even with it's flaws...

However, I'm SUPER glad that it's gone for these reasons:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Running to Stand Still
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
The Electric Co.
now, The Ocean
...and the rotating songs in and out (ISHFWILF, Gloria and WOWY)

I would be nearly certain that with the acoustic set, 3-4 of these songs would be gone per night.

walkon11 said:
To be honest, I liked the acoustic set, even with it's flaws...

However, I'm SUPER glad that it's gone for these reasons:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Running to Stand Still
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
The Electric Co.
now, The Ocean
...and the rotating songs in and out (ISHFWILF, Gloria and WOWY)

I would be nearly certain that with the acoustic set, 3-4 of these songs would be gone per night.

You won't hear an argument from me on that one. I think one of the major problems with the acoustic set is how it suddenly interrupted the main set and the band had to build down to it. I think its placement worked well on ZooTV and Popmart, but on Elevation, I felt it was not placed well at all - but would have been even worse elsewhere. It should have been scrapped then, not now.

Axver said:

You won't hear an argument from me on that one. I think one of the major problems with the acoustic set is how it suddenly interrupted the main set and the band had to build down to it. I think its placement worked well on ZooTV and Popmart, but on Elevation, I felt it was not placed well at all - but would have been even worse elsewhere. It should have been scrapped then, not now.

Good point. But, hey...better late then never right?

Westport said:
Would someone please tap a keg next time?:wink:

What, the Kiwi wine isn't good enough for you?

*pours himself another glass, anyhow*

yeah yeah, you are my fire the one desire believe when i say i want it thataway and we are 2 worlds apart!!!! i love BSB!!!

TELL ME WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAA i may run snd hife when ur screamin my name alright but let me tell u now there are prices to fame alright all of our time spent flashes of light

ALL YOU PEOPLE CANT U SEE CANT USEE HOW UR LUV AFFECTIN OUR REALITY EVERY TIME WE"RE DOWN!!!! OMG IMMA JIZZ ALL OVER MYSELF

I LOVE MY BSB!!!! cheeeeers! :-D

Hey Dodger fan! At one point in the show, Bono was at the top of the ellipse and put on a Dodger hat, and had a blue shirt or banner wrapped around himself for a second (couldn't tell if it was a shirt or not).

u2warlp said:
I LOVE MY BSB!!!!

That's a sign of serious mental illness, you know. You've got problems and need to get therapy.

Yeah, when I saw Bono put on that Dodgers hat, I went nutsos.

He also brought a girl on stage. A few moments later, some other attractive girl jumped onto the ellipse. Bono had both of them chasing him across the stage. He even had one of them on all fours....I guess you just had to be there.

Did anybody else notice that Bono cut off An Cat Dubh maybe a fourth way into the song? I thought he did it because he felt he was losing the crowd. I don't know, but the L.A. crowd just didn't seem that into it tonight. Either that, or a lot of them just didn't know the material enough.

Another thing that irked me about the crowd on both nights were people leaving early just to beat traffic. Typical L.A. fans. Arrive late, leave early. What a crock, man.

gmr7494 said:
Did anybody else notice that Bono cut off An Cat Dubh maybe a fourth way into the song? I thought he did it because he felt he was losing the crowd. I don't know, but the L.A. crowd just didn't seem that into it tonight. Either that, or a lot of them just didn't know the material enough.

Uh, are you sure about this now? Because no-one else has said that An Cat Dubh was played at all. U2 played The Ocean between The Electric Co. and New Year's Day, though.

gmr7494 said:
Yeah, when I saw Bono put on that Dodgers hat, I went nutsos.

He also brought a girl on stage. A few moments later, some other attractive girl jumped onto the ellipse. Bono had both of them chasing him across the stage. He even had one of them on all fours....I guess you just had to be there.

Another thing that irked me about the crowd on both nights were people leaving early just to beat traffic. Typical L.A. fans. Arrive late, leave early. What a crock, man.

There was no stopping the 'attractive girl'. She was deadset on making it on the stage and slinking her way around. Maybe if I had looked or dressed like her, I would have gotten in the ellipse as well! I was on the left side of the ellipse/rail, so she voluntarily got on her knees. From my vantage point, I couldn't see her at that point. I was surprised she didn't start stripping, LOL.

I agree with you about the L.A. fans leaving early - very typical. Don't notice that when you are on the floor. Not like you can get out of parking lot 3 very easily. I think some fancy car was in such a hurry his bumper tapped ours. My friend got out of the car & said something, LOL. Goodnight for now!

Back
Top Bottom