Houston Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

Music Max is bareable, they do have some good shows (Later With Jools..., Max Sessions, Loving a Decent Band) but anything that involves their hosts :yuck:.

Channel V are okay, eveyrthing is hip hop nowadays, and that new host they picked :shocked: couldn't be less natural on camera.

That being said I am watching it atm. :sad:

Pick up your control and go over to Channel 120....for Scrubs! :)

If we dont have a source...Bono is going to telepathically send me the setlist tonight

bono.jpg

:lol: I know what you mean. i was driving home from detroit and everytime I saw an 18-wheeler with a bright red cab I looked twice. And of course, black SUVs and black towncars will never be the same again...

and you aren't an old lady :hug: I have my typical post-GA-waited in the cold and rain-sleep deprivation cold, so I definitely feel creaky and old!

Diane L said:

Hi Ruff! :hug:

I'm sooo sleepy, I don't think I'll be around here too long. Geez, that makes me sound like an old lady, but 1) I AM an old lady and 2) I FEEL like an old lady right now...no energy!!! It helped I was lugging what felt like about 20 pounds of magazines, papers, etc. around Manhattan today.

You know, it was interesting...when I got out of Penn Station today and looked over by Madison Square Garden, it was like I could "see" a line of people waiting for a ticket drop at the Garden! I swear I'll never look at that place again after what went on about 2 weeks ago...

There's never anything good on TV.

Especially not if music's involved.

ruffian said:
:lol: I know what you mean. i was driving home from detroit and everytime I saw an 18-wheeler with a bright red cab I looked twice. And of course, black SUVs and black towncars will never be the same again...

I also get nostalgic if I see a truck with a red cab :).

Remember them driving past the Chili's in San Diego and everyone was like, "Ooooo, the trucks are arriving!" :lol:

kellyahern said:
My sister and I are like, "Wow, fashion plates. We had those, they were fun :hyper:."

OH MY GOD. Fashion plates!

I had those! I LOVED those! I had forgotten all about those!

Oh my god, those were the absolute BEST!

:love: :love: :love:

corianderstem said:

OH MY GOD. Fashion plates!

I had those! I LOVED those! I had forgotten all about those!

Oh my god, those were the absolute BEST!

:love: :love: :love:

Yeah, now they're onto the later 80's, so it's not as fun. But 80-85, lots of "hey, I remember that!" moments :lol:.

They talked about Jaws 3-D :lmao:. My sister and I actually saw that in the theaters when we were 7 and went to Sea World the next year and they had all the props from the movie :).

Terrible movie, but oddly fascinating :shifty:.

ramblin rose said:
So I just had the most exciting 10 minutes of my recent past.

Bono came out to meet the people that were waiting, I guess it was a little past six. He came by and gave every person some time.

I was standing next to this guy that asked him as he was signing something to play Discoteque. Bono says on yeah we've played it once or twice, and I say (what I thought was very low) "just once" in a kind of disappointed tone, and he looks up and turns to me and says laughing "oh okay just once". I kind of looked at him stupidily and smiled. He then got to me and I asked him to sign my program from last weeks speech in Philly and he took it signed it, drew some glasses and then asked me my name and wrote it on it also.

Then the most important part, since we had been out there about 4 hours I had pretty much brainwashed a bunch of people around me about how great Fast Cars was, so as he's signing my thing I say to him very timidly and respectfully " can you please play Fast Cars tonight?" and he says to me wow you're the 3rd person on this line that has made that request, we might have to.

They probably won't play it but it still felt really good to ask him face to face.

I'll be going back to the venue in a little bit...but do you guys have s source, I can't stream tonight because I have a really great seat and I want to be able to jump, scream and sign at the top of my lungs, but if you need text messages let me know, ( I just left Lila a voice mail also)

:lol:

5a2f64dd.jpg

Axver said:

You beat me to it. :wink:

They really, really, really, really need to play that amazing version of Discotheque again. :drool:

People meeting any members of the band really need to take advantage of the opportunity to tell them how much everyone's loving setlist diversity and that we'd love to see songs like Discotheque, Fast Cars, Mofo, Daddy's Gonna Pay, The Fly, Gloria, etc. in the set more regularly.

Aside from chicago when was it played? The new and improved version is :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom