East Rutherford Setlist Party Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

There's a reason I'm taking a pen and paper to the Boston shows - so that I have a record! I'm going to put Bullet With Butterfly Wings into Electric Co., and if it is actually in Vertigo, I can easily change it.

It was Electric Co. The show was amazing. Bono pushed himself to the limit to pay back the crowd's energy. It may have been the best "crowd" show of the tour so far. I can't wait for tomorrow night! GA's again, baby! :wink:

MTEdge said:

It was Electric Co. The show was amazing. Bono pushed himself to the limit to pay back the crowd's energy. It may have been the best "crowd" show of the tour so far. I can't wait for tomorrow night! GA's again, baby! :wink:

I was just watching a bit of video I took, and just want to note that Regrets was added to the end of Sometimes...

MTEdge said:

I was just watching a bit of video I took, and just want to note that Regrets was added to the end of Sometimes...

Great, thanks! :)

MTEdge said:

How many shows have you made it to? And where did you end up with your GA tonite?

Chizip - where's this elusive picture of you? When you arrive for my massage, I want to be ready, LOL

Lila64 said:

How many shows have you made it to? And where did you end up with your GA tonite?

Second show of tour (Philly I being #1). I have tomorrow (GA's) and NYC (Section 40) left to go for Leg 1.

I was three human rows outside the ellipse on The Edge's side. :wink: We could've been two rows out or even on the rail, but I had to go the boys' room after making it on to the floor. :huh: FYI, I lined up at 5:30 p.m.

I'm not sure if it's been publicized yet, but ALL U2.com members (that included non-fan club ppl who bought pre-sale fan club GA holders off of ebay and fan club members) were allowed into the arena FIRST. That line was followed by the non-U2.com line (i.e., non-fan club members holding general sale GA's).

The fan club line was nearly 1000 ppl long before that line of ppl was allowed in.

just returned... gret ending to the show... will go into detail on a crazy afternoon that started innocently enough yet ended with champagne with joe o'heilry... don't ask... i'll try to explain when i wake up... for now i'll leave you with these... more to come...

NJ2.JPG

NJ3.JPG

NJ4.JPG

NJ5.JPG

i'm exhausted... off to bed. more int he morning.

whats the point of playing vertigo twice?
if they want to rock the audience after 40 there are plenty of other tunes - out of control, iwill follow etc etc
i think its plain stupid.
its not 81 anymore.
switching one or two tunes around doesn't make for variety.

brwh1 said:
if they want to rock the audience after 40 there are plenty of other tunes - out of control, iwill follow etc etc
its not 81 anymore.
how can you say that when you wasnt even there?, me personally i wouldnt know how it went simply because i wasnt there, so we cant call it stupid, and the word encore stands for again,

Headache in a Suitcase said:
just returned... gret ending to the show... will go into detail on a crazy afternoon that started innocently enough yet ended with champagne with joe o'heilry... don't ask... i'll try to explain when i wake up... for now i'll leave you with these... more to come...

Won't ask about the story, but will ask what time the band showed up, so as to be prepared for today . . .

brwh1 said:
its not 81 anymore.

The band clearly like the song and have a passion for playing it, and those there always say it rocks.

But yeah, I really don't see why they don't do I Will Follow or Out Of Control or something like that.

I agree with Axver. Everyone at the concert loves it but why not add "I will Follow" and why remove "New Years Day!". Bono must really really love this song.

adam came in in a lincoln towncar around 3:20, drove past the crowd and down the ramp with just a short wave

about 10 minutes later a black chevy SUV pulls up and we can see bono in the back seat. the truck stops right before the ramp, and the door swings open and there is the wee little fella in the flesh... lookin' like he had about 30 pints the night before. he didn't want to pose with anyone for pictures, just went quickly through the line shaking everyone's hand.

a couple of minutes after bono got back in the truck and went down the ramp, adam walks up from the ramp and starts signing autographs and posing for pictures.

while he's about half way down the line, the edge rolls in in a lincoln towncar... the car starts going down the ramp, then stops... edge gets out and walks past the line briefly, shaking a few hands... he gets to adam and whispers something in his ear, then waves to the line and heads back down the ramp.

larry just drove right by.

if any of you know "tattoo dan"... he got adam to sign his arm, which he's gonna go get tattooed on today. he's got everyone but larry's signiture tattooed to his body

NJDAN.JPG

I just don't get it. First of all why people watch these setlists --- they are all the same. Second, playing Vertico isn't even spontaneous -- THEY"VE done it before. Doesn't even seem like a live act to me. Change up the selists, loosen up U2 ... IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom